Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lacuna is quite as she leans againt the stone wall, absently picking at thumb's cuticle with a finger as waited for tge familar steps of her smaller sort of friend.

"So, you okay? bluntly asked, steely blue eyeing the shorter women. She'd seen how Hamia used her messanger bag as a shield.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Settling against their 'wall-spot-against-the-world', Hamia give Lacuna an uneasy smile. "I guess. I mean, yeah. It's not the transition that gets me. I mean... that's the military for you. Constant transitions. I just don't do well around strangers. That's why I did so well after meeting you in New York." She sighs, shaking her head in self-degradation. "I don't mean to come off clingy. And I know I do, believe me. It's just easier to cope with things when I have someone. To rely on."

With that off her chest, it's a little easier for her to engage. She can't help but feel a little guilty for latching on like she had. To a construction worker who turned out to be - surprise - Awakened.

​"What about you? You said you forgot something... wasn't that old photo I've seen you fussing over, was it?"

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You need an anchor." echoing thoughts from moments ago. "There's no shame in that." maybe it was the understanding that attracted Hamia in the first place.

Steely eyes flick back to the petite military vet. As before, when they stood alone in a crowd, she resists the urge the gaze at her and glimpse the lies of Space between them. Not a great way to keep a friendship(?) that.

She should have expected that but somehow dosen't. "No I-" she clears her throat. "I forgot something else. It's-nothing." she cuts herself off abruptly. "Just a box of old things." said because to not to would invite more questions.

5. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I wouldn't call it shame. I just don't like feeling weak. It wasn't always like this. I wasn't always like this." But she couldn't possibly elaborate on that. Their patch of wall is a far cry from a fortress. Sound travels. People pick up on things. Make judgments. And without the ability to just go back and do things over, those judgments stick.

Box of stuff, huh? Hamia's brow furrows a little. Not because Lacuna abstained from elaborating. More over how similar they are. Each of them has something they hold on to and bury inside, keeping everyone else away from it. For Lacuna, that seems to be anything from her past beyond construction work.

"Alright. Just, uh, do me a favor? If I make you uncomfortable by asking about things, you should tell me. I sorta need someone around," Because I relive it every time I'm alone. "and I don't want to scare you off." Looking up at Lacuna as she says this, her eyes crinkle with mirth and she covers her mouth to try to stop a laugh. "Me, scaring you. Ridiculous, right?"

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I understand." she says, nearly as grave as Epitaph. "I wasn't always like this either." she used to bake, and smile. "After this I want to get coffee." because everyone here but the women on the wall were unknowns. Pentacle sure, but not 'safe' either.

Lacuna gives Hamia a long measured look. She cracks some that's almost a smile, "Yeah. I'm a badass. I don't even get jumpscared." sardonic twist to her lips.

The moment leaves like it never was and Lacuna nods. "So. Is this you asking to formally announce our...friendship by way of a cabal?" it might be more then what the younger seeming women wanted but it was the easiest way the near giantess could think of to not leave the women alone with her nightmares. God knew Lacuna had enough of her own to want more to flood the minds of those she....knows.

9. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia's brow quirks at Lacuna's admission, though it isn't all that surprising. People who close themselves off - people just like her - have reasons for doing what they do. But coffee? Brown eyes glance down at her own cup. Nearly empty. "I can never say no to coffee."

Hamia laughs again, a little more freely this time. "That so? I bet you've got a weakness." Brows furrow in thought. She grins, playfully. "How do you feel about spiders?"

The question the taciturn amazon woman drops on her catches her off-guard. She's never been part of a cabal. At least... not one that would call itself such. A ragtag bunch of Awakened soldiers and a middle-eastern mystic doth not a cabal make. "I was kinda hoping you'd want to be friends, for sure. I was just embarrassed to ask. Maybe we can talk about this cabal business elsewhere? Over coffee?"

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lacuna smiles lightly. When you know a person, it's easy enough to use a word that'll grab their attention, right quick.

"Yes coffee. I'll brew a pot." even if that meant her figgkbg her ancient coffee maker out from whichever box she stashed it in.

"Spiders are misunderstood creatures,that just want to be left alone," Is it still deadpan if there's a curl to her lips?

A laugh, a breath really, expelled with the hint of positive sound associated with it. "Yes over coffee. I'll brew a pot, and we can talk in my motel room."

13. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia pauses, observing the reserved smile. It's like a crack in Lacuna's shell. She decides she likes it. "Good thing you're not a spider, then." she adds playfully. "Or you'd have told me to hit the road."

The faintest hint of suspicion crosses the Acanthus' features. She holds it for as long as she can before it, like Lacuna's shell, cracks. She does a piss poor job of covering up her smile, too. "Alright. Do you wanna say goodbye before we head out?" Her eyes stray from her companion long enough to notice one less body standing around. Looks like business is concluding soon, anyway.

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

The expel of breath that might be laughter strikes again, "Yeah, good thing." not many wanted to stay around her for any true length of time, intimidated by her height, abilities, or, well, her personality.

Lacuna catches the suspicion and curses herself out. Of course the brunette wouldn't want to-the smile stops the profanity.

Pushing herself off the wall, spying the absence of Campenella she nods, "Probably should,"

Heading over to the main thread to say goodbye~!

17. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

End Scene!

Closed Thread