Ended
Watch

Family and Faith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Krieg

Krieg requested the Nosferatu Priscus for a private discussion in the Necropolis. He wanted to learn more about this Unaligned Cousin. As always, he was dressed in his large coat. Patiently, he waited by the Calderium.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

There it was. A choking scent that twisted its way ahead of the one cursed to bear it till Final Death. It smelt almost like rotten eggs but with the hint of something artificial about it. Next came the echoing sounds of boots on hard concrete and finally the actual appearance of Cynthia. She seemed more casual tonight, it was just a black hoodie, jeans and a faded band shirt of an obscure band. Unlike aboveground her hair was just left long, but brushed back. Makeup was present, but kept minimal. This was not court after all.

"Evening Krieg." The priscus greeted the giant. The smells started to seem weaker as she got in closer to the flickering candlelight and shifting reflections from the waters. "I suppose this is about where we left off during my little tour?" the goth asked.

K
    Krieg

The stench Curse the Priscus bore heralded her arrival along with her footfalls. When she stood before him, he smiled. "Hello Priscus," he paused, "or would you prefer Cynthia tonight?"

Gesturing to a set of chairs, "Shall we have a seat? I'd like to get to know more about you."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The goth hesitated for a moment before shrugging. "Cynthia works fine. We're not in court right now and I'm pretty sure this isn't official business." She had little desire to enforce such things on others. At least not in private away from the world above.

"I see nothing wrong with that." She said with a nod as she drifted to one of the chairs the giant indicated. Relaxing, she leaned against the back of it and crossed her legs. "So, anything in particular you wanted to know?"

K
    Krieg

"Excellent. Thank you Cynthia." Taking a seat across from his Priscus, he confirmed the situation, "No, no, not official business. I'll be quite frank. I'm curious about you being Unaligned. I always find it worthwhile to learn more about others political neutrality."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Ah. Interrogation. Some dark part of her mind whispered. She had to remind herself that she was not in a position where the domain was paranoid about her very existence. Still it brought an uncanny semblance to her question and answering question with the locals on her first night in the Deep Kingdom.

"Nothing really special about it to be honest. I've not been part of any covenant since the night I was embraced and none have really done much to convince me otherwise that things would be better if I joined up." Cynthia admitted freely. "Plus...Well, politics." She rolled her eyes, pointed down her open mouth and made a gagging sound like that alone summed up her complicated thoughts and feelings about the plotting and backstabbing of All Night Society.

"So, how about you?" She asked Krieg. "What got you on the Crones side?"

K
    Krieg

Krieg chuckled at Cynthia's visual statement on politics. "That's a reasonable opinion on the Danse Macabre."

His response to her question, "Classic saying of my Sire brought me into it." He smiled briefly, "I was Embraced and buried. I descended into the Underworld. I brought back the cold touch of the grave. Such a divine experience has kept me firmly in the Covenant."

"Politics plays a small role in the Circle. We recognize the importance of it, only out of necessity for survival. Leave temporal power to the Invictus."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"And yet one our kind calls bullshit on when you say so." The Priscus said with just a hint of frustration.

She paused as she seemed a bit lost in thought. "I think mine was Invictus. Not sure. I left his sorry ass in the New York Necropolis first chance I got." Clearly she had not thought about her own sire in a long time. Cynthia listened as he continued explaining his embraced. "That does sound like a hell of a thing to go through. Embrace is a lot to deal with most fledglings. Not sure how well most would deal with being buried alive afterwards. Well 'Alive'" She added. At the very least it did confirm some of the stories thrown around about the Circle at least. It was unlikely Alice went through the same thing however.

There was a doubtful look on her face. "Then what does if politics is a minor thing?" She asked. There was a slight undercurrent of suspicion in her tone.

K
    Krieg

"Let others think what they will of the Danse," Krieg waved a dismissive hand. "There's always someone looking to put one over on someone else."

Cynthia abandoning her Sire certainly came across a sore background. He decided not to delve further into it.

"It is known as Appeasing Demeter,"
    he explained the curious nature of his Embrace. "The ritual instills clarity to the torpid dreams. I considered it a blessing when I realized that I carry the cold with me." Large gloved fingers rapped upon the table. "As a member of the Second Descent, it is a profound experience."

"Being that politics plays a minor but necessary role, the general purpose of the Circle is to pursue a greater truth. That includes enjoying one's Requiem to the fullest. Unlike the other Covenants, we support individual freedom of expression. It was the Greek philosophers who understood that concept very well."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Isn't that the truth." She nodded in agreement.

Cynthia frowned a bit as talk of being buried alive continued. Mildly confused and slightly put off. "Wasn't she a goddess associated with crops and harvests?" She asked. It has been the first time in a while since she had to recall mythology for something not songwriting related.

At least the fact that the Circle did things differently city to city was true.

She leaned forward, cupping her chin as she listened. The talk of minimal politics did not entirely convince her. Get people together and they will form cliques that snipe at each other even when they are on the same side. None the less she did pay attention the to rest. "Well that does sound interesting. Mind you my idea of expression is art and music. Philosophy was not a strong point of mine when I was alive."

There was a pause. "Mind you, last time I heard talk of Greater truths they were from The Church." The goth mentioned, wondering how the Goliath would take the comparison.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.