Ended
Watch

(Mirror Maze) Winters' Thaw

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Sasha

John had said what didn't really need to be said, but that was that. The light squabbling was a little irritating.

"Gentleman, I believe there was no harm done. I am not insulted, and if another Monarch in a different Freehold did something terrible, I would like to know it; insult or not."

Sasha understood where Quick was coming from, she'd at least known other Winter's and people who had been in his shoes.

"Typically, the Sun Banisher has some connections and credentials to find loopholes as well as how to easily dispose of things. Our prior Sun Banisher, Harvey had more connections than I did friends in my lifetime."

"The bottom line, it is nice to have someone who can help with these matters again. John, you are welcome to assist outside of our Court. But before that, I would like to have a conversation about those matters."

"Quick, I really do appreciate your view of things. It does give a different perspective on these matters."

J
    John Doe

John nodded with silent regard. Sasha had corrected them, the hatchet was buried.

"Of course,"
    he replied to the Queen on the duties of a Sun Banisher. "At your convenience."

J
    John Doe

The Faceless continued on. "Fortunately, every day, I have the option to look like someone else. I'd make one hell of a drag queen." A light chuckle followed. "If there's just one good thing about my condition, I don't need to undergo plastic surgery any time soon." A bit of self-deprecating humor helped ease the tension.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick doesn't exactly pout, but he does wince a little. Sasha's response is gentle, naturally, but that give him all the more reason to feel bad for being... not. Gentle. He rubs the back of his neck, looking a little embarrassed at John. "Right, uh... sorry about that. Didn't mean to get heated."

The tension is gone, but Quick is still himself. And the faceless John mentions something about changing his face? Just like whoever Sasha was talking about. The Elemental flashes a confident grin. "Yeah? I can do that, too. Just usually prefer not to." Because look at him: why would he want to look like someone else when he's already got a nice mask thing going? A blink. "Oh! But that's still cool. And useful. For the kind of thing a 'Sun Banisher' does."

Quick glances between the Monarch and the faceless man. He screws up his mouth. "You guys need to, I dunno, hash this Sun Banisher thing out? Wouldn't mind going for a run. If you need some privacy." He doesn't lay it out like a loaded question. And for good reason. He hasn't been on a run in a while.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

J
    John Doe

"It's okay Quick. You're new to the Court. You've got a lot to learn."

"Ever see the video where a bunch of people pass a basketball around while a
    gorilla walks into the middle of the match? That's what I do, except I'm not obviously a gorilla."

S
    Sasha

The Fairest was glad the two of them worked it out. She didn't want anyone to feel like an outcast in their own Court; nor to have anyone with a grudge either. That always seemed like a Summer thing and not so much as a way of Winter.

"We will hash that out at a later time. But for now, is there any other issues you wanted to address?" Looking to the men at the meeting. "Questions about the our Winter Court at all, or the Freehold as a whole?"

They were all fairly new, even Quick who had been here for several months. There may have been questions he'd wanted to ask freely, but didn't have the opportunity to do so when they were at the park.

"I will say, that we should all be learning Sacramento's Mourning Cant as well. Sometimes it's easier to have some conversations with a little flavor that no one would understand but us."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The comment on 'having a lot to learn' earns a smirk, but Quick shrugs it off.

"Yeah, think I've seen it. So you do work under people's noses, and they're preoccupied by something else? Alright. Used to play the con, myself. More of a... Kansas City Shuffle deal. People notice me, right? So I used to use that. Might even work well together. You and me." They look at Quick - John makes the move. He blinks a few times. No time for that now. That's old habits talking.

"Guess John, here, would have more questions about the Freehold. Might even be able to answer them, myself. But I guess I got one." he says, giving Sasha sheepish smile and an inquisitive look. "Why hold secrets against our friends, here? I mean... secret languages are fun. But why not be open with the Freehold? There someone here you don't trust?"
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

J
    John Doe

"The Mourning Cant, that would be good to know. Thank you Sasha." He nodded in acceptance. "I do have a question about the Freehold. Are there any operations involving community building and service? I believe it would benefit us to brighten up the city where possible. Confuse the Gentry with seasonal activities or some such."

Silver bumps of a brow line rose and fell with Quick's questions. Yet, the Elemental asked the Fairest. The Darkling knew. The most fundamental reason was that the truth hurts.

S
    Sasha

Sasha understood what Quick was asking. It wasn't always easy doing this, but even in front of her friends, sometimes even Katrin or Harvey would speak in their code. "I see where you're coming from Quick. The thing is, with many new people coming to the Freehold, we don't always know if we could or should trust them. If one of us wants to tell another 'maybe we should keep an eye out for that one', we would be able to do so with that person none the wiser." Her hands open up as they offered an explanation.

"Or, if you happened to catch or hear someone doing something obtuse in public, it's a freer way for our Court to speak to each other." These were only two of multiple uses Cant could have.

She mulled it over in her head. "We have some seasonal activities. Recently, there was our Masquerade as you attended." She smiled. "As far as entire community, there've been a few for the Freehold. City-wide, not as much. It would be nice to do something for the community to gather everyone together. Especially since the park's new 'ownership' has had some time to come about."

J
    John Doe

"I like that," he nodded to Sasha. "It'd be a good plan to help with the community. Kids Night, free admission under 10. or something like that. I just think of the good charity work we could be doing."

Shall we wrap up?

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.