Ended
Watch

A Shady Lady at the Saloon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    V
    Vivian York

She had told a newcomer about one of her favorite places. Would it be a mistake? She would soon find out no less.

This Mr. Krieg was an interesting individual so of course she was inclined to gratify his request. It wasn't often a Nosferatu wanted anything to do with a Daeva unless by chance that Haunt was female.

No matter, the Succubus had took her normal seat as she arrived just at sundown. She had blushed for the occasion, and had to remind herself to breathe. She wondered if anyone else had to do that, even when they were human. Perhaps if they were sick, she supposed.

Wearing a plaid dress, she sat, legs crossed and eyes on the door waiting for Krieg to arrive. Her gloved fingers turned the swizzle stick of her French '75.

Blushed, dot spent.

K
    Krieg

The tall Haunt was dressed in his black overcoat. He grumbled about a lack of shops catering to men his size. Krieg ducked his head at the door as he entered. In doing so, he accidentally bumped into the door frame. He rolled his eyes in annoyance. It was just a fact of (un)life.

He knew, immediately, when he saw her. The primitive, instinctual fear nearly overwhelmed him. A fleeting thought passed through his mind, Why do I make it a bad habit to meet women who frighten me? He was committed now, it would be rude to run off like a scared prey.

Upon his hands, were large, black leather gloves. He remained mindful of the proper etiquette when among Kine. "Good evening, Miss York. I am Craig. It is a pleasure to meet you."

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva had one eye on the entrance, as a smart Kindred always should. She wouldn't have seen the Haunt enter through the main door, but to the large parlor section of the bar, she did. He seemed out of place among the Kine; tall and towering, but she wasn't sure if the humans were just noting he was there, or staring in general. Either way, it would be rendered in moments.

"Ahh, good evening Mr. Krieg. A pleasure to finally meet you in a casual setting." The Succubus didn't stand, but shifted slightly. Her gloved hand motioned and patted the seat. "Please, join me. Care for anything to drink?"

Since Vivian had her own penchant for gloves, she let her eyes rest on the gloved hands of the Nosferatu joining her. Perhaps she'd ask him about them tonight, or maybe later. She'd need to gauge the conversation first.

K
    Krieg

At her beckon, the Haunt strode over. "Thank you Miss York," he replied as he sat down. The seat put him almost eye level to the powerful Succubus. He certainly was no longer looking down at her, physically.

"A drink?" he pondered for a few moments. "Not right at the moment. Most likely later on though. Thank you for inquiring." The seat groaned under his weight. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the noise.

"I appreciate you taking the time to meet with me. I'm interested in meeting my new neighbors." His eyes examined her face. Such a beautiful woman, he silently regarded her.

"If I may ask about yourself, how long have you been in town?"

V
    Vivian York

Vivian didn't take any offense to passing on the drink. She only ordered one for posterity purposes and because when blushed, it smelled delicious. It gave her the human quality to blend in places like this. For two people sitting without an order usually got a look or two through the night. "Oh, not a problem. I understand that some people have their preferences."

"I'm glad you sent me a message. I am very fond of meeting with people." Although, she seemed to rarely do so, and she would need to render that quite soon.

It was a struggle to actually think back at the length of time. Her eyes shifted upwards as if she was skimming her memories. "Hmm, perhaps three years? Give or take? I've been floating around I've lost track of time." She laughed quietly, but she really couldn't remember the exact time frame anymore.

"So, where was the last place you were at? How long were you there?" The Daeva was full of questions, and didn't beat around the bush. A smile laid upon her face, eager to hear about what the Haunt's answers would be.

"What was your reason to come here, of all places?" She said with an air of humor. Sacramento may have been California's capital, but it wasn't necessarily a 'happening' place. It seemed like just the place to hide for many; including herself.

K
    Krieg

"Thank you," he returned. The Giant rubbed his leather gloves together. "Boise, Idaho, was my last stop. It was a short stay. Only a year and a half. My affiliates up north are an unusual bunch." He then opened up, "Home, is Bukovina. Depending upon which part of the town you're standing in, it's either Romania or Ukraine."

"Oh, that is a good question." He considered the question. "I was looking for a place that wasn't too big, nor too small. A city full of diverse individuals." The Haunt chuckled, "What sold me was that there were rivers. I grew up next to a river, so it was nostalgic."

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva studied the Haunt, but not in an obvious matter. She watched how he rubbed his hands together to see if he was thinking or telling the truth. For now, she'd take it as such.

"Idaho, I see."
    She briefly nodded until he mentioned the country. "Really, that is quite the journey." She was interested to hear so many cultural things, but that would have to wait. "How long have you been in the Americas?"

Laughing a little with the Nosferatu, she added. "You know that was close to my reason for coming here. Close enough if I wanted to go to a larger city and cause a little mischeif, yet, small enough to just blend in." If they could blend in at all, that is. If it weren't for the Blush, they'd easily be figured out in a city so small.

"But the diversity is very unique here. Many different clubs and things to do. I have been hard pressed to be bored at all."
    Other than not being able to partake in her favorite hobby.

"What interests do you have. Mr. Krieg, or would you prefer being called something else?"

ooc

K
    Krieg

"Thank you," the Haunt replied cordially. "My family came over after World War II," he stated. It was certainly not his mortal family. "The Red Army was quick to "liberate" people of house and home for the glory of the State."

"Blending in, yes, those are the right words for it," Krieg nodded, then a smirk, "You? Cause mischief? Color me surprised," he teased and chuckled.

"Krieg is fine when among friends. Craig when out on the town," the Nosferatu lightly squeezed his fingers with his gloved hands. "Karl with a K when there are unwelcome guests paying a visit." The giant man leaned in to whisper, "I've been made aware of select groups of dissidents."

"As for what interests me, swimming. I grew up by a river, so that was the easiest entertainment. Once I discovered hot stone massages, oh such a wonderful experience."

OOC

V
    Vivian York

Vivian remembered many wars. Some of them were devastating to families. So she was surprised when he offered up that information, however, the Daeva was glad the Haunt kept it less detailed so that any unsuspecting Kine or hunters would hear. "I know many deflected from that area quickly after that war. Such a shame." She audibly tisked with her tongue.

"Yet, considering your origins, you don't have much of an accent, Craig." She turned with a head tilt of curiosity. "At times it seems I have to work to keep mine in tact. Living in Toronto nearly stripped it away." Slightly laughing.

The mention of swimming perked up her demeanor even more. "I adore swimming. I'm not the greatest at it, but I do love late night dips. Not to mention I seem to have a lot of swimming attire that could use some fishing out."

"I don't think I've ever been privy to a stone massage. Normal massages I really enjoy. I'm not sure if it's the atmosphere or just someone's hands all over me." Her lip turned up wryly, wondering how he'd react.

K
    Krieg

"Sad, but, true," he agreed with the Daeva.

Vivian pointing out he lacked an accent, brought a smile to his face. His voice changed dramatically, "You see, I used to sound like a dirty commie, and no one liked me. So, I had to spend a long time out on the town. I was so lonely. Then, I met a pretty girl. I later discovered this pretty girl was a Russian Jew who fled Stalin's purges. She had to act like an American. She saw that we were in the same boat. I became her boyfriend-for-appearances only.

"She taught me,"
    his true accent faded away as he spoke, "how to blend in among the natives."

"Craig" nodded. "It's so good to hear that. I find that not many people swim. A surprising quirk of this nation. To be frank, it is little concern for me. The less crowded it is, the better I enjoy it. Perhaps we could have something of a uhm...Pardon my phrasing here, "pool party" by the riverside." He shrugged his massive shoulders, "It would be a river party by that point, I suppose."

Krieg's gloved hands wriggled, "Oh dear, you are missing out! The stones are magnificent. They release all the tension for the night. I would strongly encourage it."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.