Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Barely slowing down for John to follow, Quick wanders over to the far side of the square of tables. Far, at least, from the other conversations. He takes another sip of wine and smiles as friendly as he can.

"Tell me about yourself. What do you do. Besides crash parties?" The Elemental laughs a little. ​"Nice touch, though. Really grabbed everyone's attention.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

J
    John Doe

"I'm a janitor." The masked Darkling replied in a deadpan tone as he took another swig of his drink. A moment's paused, as his tone lightened up. "That was...uhm...liquid courage...for lack of a better description. I'm Joe Doe."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

With some effort, Quick keeps the judgey-face at bay. But come on... janitor? Probably good for Winter stuff. Or something.

"Nothing wrong with that. Long as you don't overdo it."
    Like that terrible tequila hangover he had after 'coffee' with Sera. Bad idea. "I'm James. Or Quick. Either works. What brings you? To Sacramento?" It couldn't be anything as lame as hitchhiking and riding buses clear across the country for no good reason. Or because of the 'Wyrd', as Donovan would have said. God. But focus. New guy. Quick blinks a few times. Takes another sip of wine.

J
    John Doe

The Darkling opened his into a what could be seen as readying a high five. His thumb and pinky closed together, his three remaining fingers forming a W. Immediately afterward, his second hand, formed an arch, as if grabbing a cup from by the lip. He concluded his coded message by pointing an index finger to himself then to Quick.

Hand Gesture Translation

"I'm pretty mindful of my liquor. I just didn't get anything to eat prior. Kinda looking for a job and all that. I came here from Laramie, Wyoming. Things were going bad and I took the bus out of there. Not enough Glamour to go 'round. Looking for a new place to call home."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick watches, a little curious, as the costumed newcomer makes some hand gestures. Completely goes over his head. If this is code for something, Quick hasn't really been Winter long enough to know it. But it has something to do with John. and Quick?

"So um, 'W'? That like, for Winter?" About the only connection he can make. "Sure, yeah. I'm Winter. Kinda put this party together. In Sasha's club. She's Winter's Queen, if you haven't met her. Really nice. Super pretty. Would you believe she has purple eyes!?" Another few blinks. He's rambling.

"Far as a job goes... I can't help you. Still trying to figure out my place. Other than putting together a party... working in the House of Mirrors... and keeping an eye on things. Not really a title for that, is there?"
    He shrugs. "Not looking for one either. Just want to kinda fit in. Keep my home safe." John had mentioned that, right? Finding a new 'home'. "Never been to Wyoming. Closest I came was Colorado. Pot's legal there. But, um... Sacramento is nice. Took me a while, but I really settled in."

J
    John Doe

Doe's brow furrowed, hidden underneath his face mask. He claims to be Winter. Either he's new to the Court, or he's faking it to be my friend. Just like that jerk, Mike Cosmer, back in grade school. Hope that prick stepped on a Lego, barefoot. Not that John would voice his thoughts.

He nodded. "You did a good job with event planning. Kudos." His comment about the Winter Queen made him look toward her. "I didn't get a good look, beyond her amazing outfit. Like, that's amazing work."

"Wyoming's got more cows than people, so not much to do if you're not a nature lover. We had smugglers bring weed over from Colorado border towns. A few hydroponics, and who knows how many meth labs. Surprising amount of illegal distilleries fostering a "craft beer" community. Real hush hush scene."

"Sacramento seems like a good place to put roots down. I'm hoping it won't take long to settle in."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Honestly think I'd prefer the pot over the 'craft beer'. Not really into bitter. And that scene is, what? IPA's and stuff?" He laughs. "Haven't seen a lot of cows here. And I've been around." Quick pauses. Considers what he's just said. Blinks. Rubs the back of his neck. "Not the way that sounds, though. Slip of the tongue." Still kind of an innuendo. Damn. "You know what I mean..."

"No time like the present, right? Plenty to do and see here. And feels pretty safe. I wasn't here, but I heard there used to be a Dragon around here. He's dead now."
    And Quick couldn't be gladder to have 'missed out' on meeting him.

J
    John Doe

"The good stuff, Moonshine, is as smooth as a glass of water. Skilled brewers flavored it. Apple pie is delicious." He smiled beneath the mask. "Pot farms aren't as populous cause it's not as profitable. The meth labs were rolling in the cash." He shrugged. "Stupid folks."

Coming from cow town, it didn't phase him. "I understand, man. It's all good."

"A Dragon?"
    the incredulity was obvious. "What the hell happened?"

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Think I'm with that infomercial on meth.... not even once." He's seen a few people on meth. Not a pretty sight. Not pretty people.

Quick shrugs. "Have to ask the veterans. Mhairi and Sasha. All I know is what I've heard - which isn't much. Used to be more of us here. Then he came and kind of messed the place up. Some people left. Some died. But eventually... so did he." All this uncertainty has Quick rubbing the back of his neck. He'd brought it up, sure. But that whole mess is a grey area.

"But, um... pretty glad there's more of us now. And I don't just mean Winters. You didn't know Verne from before, did you?"

J
    John Doe

The Faceless shook his head, "Only met Verne when I ran into Circe and Ingrid at the corner." That still sounded so inappropriate no matter what. "You might wanna be cautious when talking to him outside. Verne was talkin' pretty openly about Hollows and craftsmanship. I didn't know if there were Agents of the Outside lurkin' around so I kept my trap shut."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread