Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1803) Sanctuary 14

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

0 Scenes

The Circle of Creation is a large imposing building of got his architecture. It is an almost perfect replica of Westminster, but no one ever notices. Sleeper eyes slide over the building and only Awakened eyes can pierce the subtle occultation

The Circle is, and has always been, and will be, the cradle, a bastion of Sacramento's Awakened.

Once not long ago, there would be flicker-memory of a hotel or museum else-when. Now there was only one who could truly tell if else-when and might-have-beens were more then a trick of the light.

The Bismark once the territory of the Silver Ladder, now retains nothing of what-once-had-been all due to the meddling of the Seers, or at least a Seer, only known to the Awakened as Miriam.

Tuesday the Guardian and Unicorn had left, leaving only a note for her Cabal to find, but with her leave taking it seemed like a signal for Sacramento to be claimed as a home to many a mage...

2. Likes Orianna, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Samael

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-01 14:47:38 Samael rolls 6 to Combo-cast Sense Consciousness and Spatial Map [Gno + Mind] (10 Again) 1, 8, 10, 4, 1, 1, 1 2 successes

His third eye dilated; his senses filled the room. He was the only one present; no other sentient creatures could be detected. That did not mean they were not hiding by other means. Any change in topography, he would know it, immediately.

Standing within the great edifice that was Consilium, he awaited the other mages.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

(Mana for duration)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Campanella goes quickly to the Sanctuary today.

With his cabal still in flux the Moros decided that the occluded Cathedral was the best place to share his news*.

Concern gnaws at him and lends his daily casting a fevered edge. If he had bothered to inspect his actions, he could have learned much from the ease and sagacity of his rote-craft that day. Alas, his mind was occupied on other thoughts.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-02 02:21:25 Campanella to cast Hard Air rote rolls 10 to Intelligence + Occult + Order Spec + Matter (10 Again) 2, 9, 5, 5, 9, 10, 9, 2, 8, 9, 3 6 successes

Spotting Samael, the Moros inclines his head and moves over to join him.

*The relevant Scenes are not quite closed. Sanctuary provides a fresh start
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora was the next to breeze into the Circle. And once again, she had coffee, but from a different place. She figured if Sam enjoyed the last coffee, he’d enjoy this one as well.

Plus, she liked to go that extra mile to make a new guy feel welcome.

Her monthly spells were in place, shield up and eyes open.

Today she was dressed for the warm up of the weather, or what she saw as a warm up. She really wanted summer back. Black leather shorts, which she thought highlighted her long legs paired with a white silky tank top. Little suede botties were on her feet and her long lode hair was flowing around her shoulders.

Coffee was held up as she sees the two guys,

“Hey you two! I have more coffee!” greets the Shaman, “Different coffee shop this time.” She says with an easy smile.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Aurora!"

Campanella turns, a smile slicing across his long face.

"Well. I won't say no."

He turns his attention to the Cathedral's great doors as if expecting more company.

"Sand is not joining us, then?" His smile turned into a look of expectation. Then he sighed.

"I was hoping against hope that we might be gaining some reinforcements, but it appears I was wrong." He was still looking at the door when he received his coffee from the Thyrsus. The smile was fading rapidly.

"I saw something troubling the other day." He transferred his concerned gaze to the other mages.

7. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hard-shoed feet recklessly clack on stone steps as a young woman approaches. She's unguarded - in a sense that only resonates with the Awakened - but she clutches a satchel across her chest like a shield against the outside world. Brown eyes trace arches and windows and trappings that surely hide more than just the view from the street. A trickle of sweat starts down one side of her forehead. She breathes heavily.

Hamia is... terrified.

Her last clacking steps echo in her own ears as she pierces the Sanctuary. She stops. She stares.

"Um... hi."

The hint of a frown crosses her face, and her hard-to-miss eyebrows furrow. Coffee? Man... I could really use some. It grabs her attention before even the riveting blonde holding them does. Which leaves her standing. Awkward. In a room with three strangers.

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

9. Likes Cayce, Orianna, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    S
    Samael

The Mastigos greeted the Moros cheerfully, "Hello Campanella. It's good to see you again." His Spatial Map pinged inside of his head. A new mind entered the space. The scent of coffee reached his nose, "Oh sweet ambrosia," his words bordered on euphoria. "Thank you Aurora," he gladly accepted a cup. "You are such a delight."

Once again, his awareness was preemptively alerted. A new woman he did not recognize appeared. He attempted to call upon the Watchtower. The spell activated, but, provided no insight. Stalling for time as he tried again with a greeting, "Hello. How can we help you?"

Again, his sorcery failed him. His brows furrowed in annoyance.

A third attempted. Surely, everyone would be immediately aware magic was being attempted.

A fourth swing and a miss. His mustache twitched furiously. What the hell is wrong today?

He sipped his coffee as a distraction. At last, he could see the Auras around his fellow Magi. Did this woman have ill intent for them?

"This coffee has just the right kick to it," again attempting subterfuge to cover up his willworking.

------------

Dice Trolled.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-06 11:32:05 Samael rolls 6 to Aura Perception [Gno+Mind] (10 Again) 1, 6, 4, 3, 1, 3 failure
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-06 11:32:29 Samael rolls 5 to Aura Perception [Gno+Mind-1] (10 Again) 7, 6, 6, 4, 1 failure
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-06 11:32:49 Samael rolls 3 to Aura Perception [Gno+Mind-2] (10 Again) 4, 5, 3 failure
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-06 11:33:08 Samael rolls 3 to Aura Perception [Gno+Mind-3] (10 Again) 2, 6, 1 failure
      4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-06 11:34:53 Samael rolls 2 to Aura Perception [Gno+Mind-4] (10 Again) 9, 10, 10, 9 4 successes

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

A sound at the door!

Campanella's head all but swivels round, a frown writ deep into his features. Then there is relief as the person standing there is not one of those who had feared expected. Then suspicion grows in its place.

Sighing, Campanella turns to fully face Hamia. His free hand moves gently as he casts a rote mudra to ascertain just who the stranger is.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-07 03:22:39 Campanella to Supernal Vision rote rolls 6 to Wits + Occult + Order Spec + Prime - Tolerance (10 Again) 4, 7, 10, 3, 10, 6, 2, 8 3 successes

He blink as he studies the appealing, if guarded, woman. Finally, he relaxes into a relieved posture.

"One of ours? Hello. Welcome. Might I ask about affiliations?"

Right to the chase. He had seen the glitter flickering through her aura. And they were on the grounds of the Sanctuary. There was no need to dissemble. His suspicions lingered, however, leaving a sour note on his words.

Supernal Vision grants limited aura sight regarding nature. 1st ed Core: p221

12. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “Who could say no to amazing coffee?!” she exclaims with a lighthearted chuckle. Handing over one of the cups.

A shrug, “I don’t know. I haven’t been spending much time at the theater, been dealing with some personal things and wanted to be alone.” A frown, “Maybe I shouldn’t have and should have stayed there in case she needed something.” Where was Sand? Did she need to talk about the loss of Tuesday and she did what she always did and lock herself away? Oh how she hoped she hadn’t hurt Sand.

“Oh, I’ve been working on getting some chairs together for us. My sewing isn’t too amazing, but they’re coming together.”
    It had been something to focus on. And for once, she didn’t turn to her suspension to work through her problems.

An eyebrow was raised as she took a careful sip of the coffee, “Something troubling? What happened?” she was now focused on that.

But then a new voice pulled her from her thoughts, blue eyes shift from Campy and look to see an appealing girl just staying there.

Her mage sense tickling her lower back, another sip was taken as she looks at the girl,

“Hi. Can we help you?”
    asks the blonde. Even though she thinks the girl is one of them, always paid to be careful. “Uh, want some coffee? I always bring way more than I should.” She offers with a friendly smile.

The smile moves to Samael, “Why thank you, I try.” She replies with a smirk. A cup was offered to him as well.

Laughing, “Of course it does, it coffee, it fixes everything!” eyes twinkling.

“I got the tingling, so maybe?”
    eyes turn back to the girl, expecting an answer.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-07 11:15:05 Aurora rolls 7 to Magey Eyes!(Gno+Life) (10 Again) 5, 7, 3, 10, 2, 4, 4, 2 1 success

14. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

First, to the scholarly man with the receding hairline. "If I'm in the right place, I was hoping to help you." A dull tingling in her hand tells her he's not just making conversation. Which means she probably is.

Samael is able to read an aura of light green off the woman - which briefly flashes to dark green when she eyes the coffee in everyone's hands.

The look she gives the other gentleman is almost pained. The tone he's giving off isn't far from how she feels. The similarity ends there. She's a sheep among (potential) wolves... the man asking her affiliations is more like a man answering his door and finding a solicitor. At least he'd said 'one of us', taking some of her guesswork out of the way. "I'm an Adamantine Arrow. Just flew in from New York last night. Is um..." she shakes her head at herself. 'She' must not be here yet. Call it piss-poor-planning, but she'd hoped to have a familiar face. For backup. "I'm called Hamia. I sort of picked that up in Iraq. It seemed to fit." She shrugs.

Her eyes return to the coffee after her admission. Then back to the blonde. Then the coffee again. "I would love some coffee." she says, smiling sheepishly. "I had my last cup at the airport. And I really didn't sleep last night." Her eyes glance down at her wrist - though she's clearly not wearing a watch.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-07 14:38:00 Hamia rolls 4 to Gno + Time for Temporal Eddies (10 Again) 4, 10, 4, 1, 1 1 success

"God... 22 hours and still going strong." More like 22 hours, 12 minutes and 43 seconds. But who's counting? Then, something seems to click in her head and she quickly hides the friendliness and relief away again. She clutches the satchel once more, averting her eyes.

"So I was hoping to meet up with a friend here, and find some allies. If you have room for me." Never-mind that there are only three of them there besides herself: she doesn't sound confident.

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

16. Likes Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread