(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking at the Shadow, “Yes it is.” Her expression flat. She’d seen the Vinculum in play, seen what it did to Kindred. Felt it's effects herself.

“Do you now? Do you really understand my apprehensions? Because I don’t think you truly do.” Leaning forward. “You know what the Laws are, and yet you want me to,” a pause, “lets say, bend them for you. A Law that has been in effect since before I came to this Domain. One that no one else has had any issues following. But I should overlook it for you.” This guy was serious. “I know of empathic links between Sire and Childe, it’s a strong one. And you want me to wave my hand and say it’s ok for you to create these bonds with whoever you seem fit and agrees.” Not even Prince a week yet and she has this.

Leaning back, she wants to rub her forehead. But she doesn’t.

“I’m not saying I can’t see why this gift isn’t useful. I just see the dangers within it. Who is to stop you from gaining access to things a Kindred does not wish to share? Does it not give you a power over that Kindred, seeking compensation or Boons to not share it?” of course it did.

“There are more ways to run amok than with violence. As I said before, you’d be able gain power over Kindred by holding their most precious memories hostage. Things they don’t want shared, things that show a weakness. Surely a man as intelligent as yourself sees the problem here.”
    Her hands open.

“I know when those I trust are in danger, because I am there with them. I don’t sit back and let others put their Danse in danger alone. I have seen trusted people fall to ash before my eyes. I don’t need someone sitting somewhere safe telling me what’s going on. Losses are part of our unlife, regrettable, but not avoidable. The most calculated attack always has unforeseen consequences.”
    Eyes hard, she had seen too many things. Only someone who has never fought for the Danse could dismiss those that did. She would never put those Kindred in the Domain in a danger she wasn’t willing to risk herself.

“A means to a solution means sharing my Blood with you, which I assure you is not going to happen. I don’t need Kindred bonded to me and knowing things of me I don’t wish to share. Not to mention, there are more than one way to gain obedience from problem Kindred.” She wasn’t stupid, this one was going to have to be watched. Closely. And if he needed to be made an example out of, so be it.

A calculated smile appeared, “But all this is not to say my opinion cannot be swayed. I would need to see how useful your gift would be first hand. See it tipping the scales in the Domains favor, giving us information, we had no access to otherwise.” She was not rock solid on things, if someone proved useful, she could have her mind changed. “It’s no secret we have a Brood problem, and from what I’ve been told,” by Dirge, “Hunters as well. I’m sure I don’t have to express how dangerous both of these threats are.” The Hunters were a bigger concern to her.

“So do you think you can prove the usefulness of your gift?”
    if not, than the discussion was over. And there would hell to pay beyond his comprehension if he attempted this behind her back.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

He isn't gaining any momentum with this Prince. Perhaps she simply doesn't believe him. Or, perhaps, that insipid paranoia is simply too strong. Assurances made and dismissed as nonsense in the face of a dire fear.

The color or her words are enough to show a growing irritation. The weight of her words leans on dangers and risks. And rules. Despite this, Taft smiles. His eyes would sparkle if he could will it. "Far be it from me to tempt you to take the Laws and use them as you fit. That you choose not to speaks volumes. I have served others who would snatch at any opportunity to further themselves." Snatched, hoarded and conquered. The Dragon he served had been ambitious indeed. But her? He tips his head in a gesture of respect. "A prudent ruler might be a welcome change. You don't need to worry about me. I am pliable, you see. All of my services bring me satisfaction - even the most mundane."

Taft sits in rapt silence, curious more than pleased at the Savage Prince's smile. She even dangles the notion of accepting the use of his powers. More curious, still. As she reveals the long and short answer to the Domain's problems, it's clear what would need to be done.

"I believe I can. Of course, I would still require your blessing to use these gifts against our enemies, wouldn't I? After all, not all of our enemies breathe." Perhaps she thinks he's a fool. To so unambiguously reject his request and then ask him to demonstrate for her... Is the question itself a test?
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage listens,

“The Laws apply to everyone, and are not to be bent or twisted to suit a desire for power. Even as Reeve, friendships were not above the Law. Bending the Laws to fit a whim brews distrust and unrest.” The implication was there, she had no problem enforcing the Laws on anyone. No one was safe for breaking them. And should he break them? Her wraith would be felt, and it would not be painless.

Don’t cross her, her eyes hard.

“Power is great, but too much breaks the mind. I had power as a Kine, and my fall from grace was not a pretty one. It is lessons I carry with me today.”
    Too much power was never a good thing.

A nod, “Well, I still have investigation to do in regards of the Brood and Hunters. The Brood had a shakeup in their power structure, so they’re a wild card right now. We’ve been successful in our past battles, but they weren’t without lose on our end.” The Brood were annoying, but dangerous.

“I will certainly call upon you once we have things figured out. There are a few bolt holes we need to look into, and perhaps we can even manage to bring a Brood in and have you,” a pause, “work on them. I would like to see your power in action, perhaps it will grant me a better understanding. I don’t want you to think I make decisions lightly.” she wasn’t bullheaded. If his powers proved useful to them, then her opinion may change.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft's unblinking gaze rests on the Savage as she explains. The seriousness behind her eyes is all Taft needs to weigh out his choices. And, if she truly had learned lessons in life about power, she might make a decent ruler yet.

The Shadow's bald head dips ever-so-slightly at the mention of losses. Survival here may not be as simple as keeping the elders appeased. Taft takes a mental note to follow up on these 'losses'.

A slow nod. "Of course. I suppose I should focus on other things until that time comes." Perhaps, even, his own understanding of the powers he wields. If he were to push himself further, he could wreck havoc on the minds of these unfortunate Brood.

Speaking of other things...

"I realize you now longer fill the role of Reeve, but the transition has been recent. No doubt you still know what needs to be done in the defense of the Domain. Are there any issues I can provide assistance with?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seemed he understood what she had said.

What he does with that understanding will remain to be seen.

Nodding, “I do. I helped lead the last two attacks with the Brood. One we were unprepared for, the other, well, we prepared as best we could. I’m sure you understand that not everything can be planned for when dealing with the Brood.” She really just wanted them gone, moved on to somewhere else. Out of her hair.

“There is still the matter of gathering intel on the places we know the Brood were holed up. And I’m curious as to if the recent fire reported in the paper has anything to do with them. Not that I would be too terribly heart broken if those fires did affect them.” A calculating smile. “I’m not sure if you’re able to help with that or not. I have my contacts, but having more than one source looking into it would be beneficial. It’s mostly looking into the property, who owns it, what goes on during the day and night. We know they’re fractured, that infighting as begun due to their recent losses. That is where I’m focused right now. I’m not sure if you’ve had time to establish any of your own connections yet, so there is no worry if you can’t help yet.” He’d only just arrived. “What I hope to do is secure one of them for questioning. And it seems like you’ll be of great importance if we’re able to do that.” If he could pick the Broods brain, gather info they didn’t have, it could tip the scales more in their favor.

7. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

She's right to assume he understands. Taft inclines his head once, signifying that he does. Kindred that completely ignore the nightly laws they all live by can't be expected to play fair.

"My schedule, as they say, is free, your Highness. I've managed to gain a foothold in the local government in my time here. Though, having no prior knowledge of the Brood's activities, I wouldn't know where to begin asking questions." He brings up a self-patronizing smile. "But you've been there, to their doorsteps. If you could offer me some insight, I could get started. Soon."

But the Shadow pauses to frown, now. "What I would need time for is, well, 'working' on a detainee. Please understand that my studies have not taken me to that level yet. To directly access and alter memories." Face perfectly composed and neutral, he deadpans "This will take time. Months, likely."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Of course he would have no knowledge about the Brood’s activities, he wasn’t here when it started.

A nod, “Well, been to their doorsteps to a certain extent. We first encountered them in an old house, and was also where we were able to take one for questioning. The house is gone, I made sure it was burnt to the ground, sending a message. We learned from her about two locations. One a junkyard, and one in North Sacramento. This is the report a former Domain member left for us." a folder was taken from a drawer and a couple pages of paper slid across the desk, "Now, I admit, I haven’t personally confirmed his notes, there hasn’t been time. But, recently, there was a suspected arson spree in the junkyard, and it sounds like it was quite the night. So I’m not sure if it was infighting after Dirge fled the Domain, or if there is something else going on. But I’m not saying the Brood are gone, we have no facts to back that up. So that’s all the info I currently have. I haven’t sent my own people in because I’m still not sure if I have a mole or not. So I I haven’t been chancing it until I can clean out my ranks so to speak.” She might have power with the Kine, but that didn’t mean there weren’t those who wouldn’t double cross her.

“If you’re able to get anymore info about either location, I would greatly appreciate it. But that being said, I don’t want you putting yourself in any danger to do it. The Brood will rear their ugly heads again, there’s no doubt about that. But I’m not willing to risk any Domain member. If it can be done safely and from a distance, then by all means.”
    She wouldn’t lose another member to the Brood.

“So in layman’s terms, if I got you a Brood to, lets say, play with, what would you be able to do? Now, the last time we had a Brood, we were ambushed. So there would have to be careful measures taken to assure not only your safely, but the location as well. So knowing if the benefits out weighs the risks is important to know.” She’d do what she could if it would benefit them. But she was not taking an uncalculated risk.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Travisc06489 liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft listens and watches in silence. His eyes only stray for a moment when she offers him the report. His hand finds its way to the edge of the papers, but he doesn't look at them just yet. His brow twitches at the mention of a mole, but he keeps his silence. Only after her mentions of risking the Domain's members does he finally speak up.

"It might be better to research such things from a safe place, yes. Discretion, as they say, is the better part of valor."
    To which he offers a slight smile, having amused himself.

"The ways I can affect our enemies right now are.. limited. If I were to forge a bond with this alleged detainee, I could, at best exploit the sympathy between our bloods to sense his stronger feelings. Peril, rage, and perhaps fear. In proximity I could draw upon the blood memories to gain deeper understanding. This is," he pauses and tries his best not to look exasperated "the primary reason for the bond. It works much better alongside allies than enemies. Especially when the enemies cease to be useful. But my Sire... she could trade memories. Directly. A one-for-one exchange of experiences." His eyes widen with excitement. "It must be thrilling - and terrifying - to live another's experience as your own, only to lose a part of yourself. Forever." He grabs the pages of the report and sits back now, skimming over them as he speaks. "I regret that this is beyond me, but you would not be wrong to assume it is something I aspire to."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Yes, I agree. While I’m weeding out my contacts, any information on these locations would be greatly appreciated. If this fire was set by someone not of the Brood, then things may take a very interesting turn. But knowing the state of the location as well as any, lets say, weird going ons, would be useful. I won’t send Kindred into those locations without a clearer picture of what is going on.” She would not risk members of the Domain. It wasn’t happening. “Now burning the locations had been on my agenda, driving the Brood into the open. But I can’t take credit for it this time.” Had the infighting grown to the point where they were setting fires?

So what he offered really wasn’t useful right now.

That was fine, she could work with that.

“But that’s not to say that it couldn’t be beneficial to your skill to have someone to play with?” surely it would help to have a Kindred to practice on per say. “We got one to talk using less, though watching someone she admired and worshiped ashed was a good incentive.” She said nonchalantly.

“My previous life had me skilled in many, many ways of gathering information from unwilling people. I’ve had to tweak those skills for Kindred, but there are still ways.”
    Kindred required one to get creative. “So knowing when a subject was feeling fear could be very helpful.” She wanted to give this guy a chance. But it was only so long as he played by her rules and didn’t go off doing shit on his own.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Dark eyes widen at the mention of her actually desiring to burn things, but her Clan doesn't share his own weakness. Still, it's an effective way of preventing Kindred from coming back. Take away their resting places and they run out of options. "Credit or no, I'm sure we're all better off for it."

Taft nods once more, with an appreciative smile forming on his face. Then, candidly he adds "I know this isn't an interview for you, but you certainly sound resourceful. Truth be told, I hadn't even considered the possibility of using the bond to measure fear. Such an interesting interrogation method..." He seems to trail off with his words, briefly. Wonderful and dark ideas percolate inside the shining dome of his head.

"I do appreciate your time, Highness, but one shouldn't overstay their welcome. You've given me many things to ponder. And, I hope, I've given so to you as well." With that, he stands and offers her another bow. His eyes linger on her a moment. Waiting, of course, to be properly dismissed.

Sorry for being a slowbie, but I did enjoy the thread. Care to wrap?

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread