(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

This was a new office.

And one she was struggling to get used to. She had moved her things over, but it still felt weird. Having been in the same office a few times in the past to talk with Asa.

Where was he? Was he ok? Twist hadn’t really said, but she still wondered.

The desk was still a dark mahogany, only larger.

The butterflies had been moved over and placed here and there, bringing her a sense of calm.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, and a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

Behind the desk sat the Prince, papers scattered around. Tonight she wore a gray oversized sheer shirt over a pair of leather pants. Her long dark hair was down and falling around her shoulders as she focused on her laptop. Hanging on her chair, within easy reach, was her duel holster. Two .357's were nestled inside each side, spare clips tucked under them.
    Travisc06489
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes , Travisc06489 liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Tables and tides have turned, haven't they? All without his help. Taft has been bitter about it for days. He could find details to satisfy any excuse for how it had been unavoidable, but in the end... he can only blame himself. What had he accomplished in two months? Nothing.

Time to remedy that. There is a new Prince in Sacramento. The first he's had the opportunity to meet. He straightens on his jacket and politely raps on the door frame leading to her office.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes snap up at the sound of the knocking. And Ale realizes she really should invest in a Ghoul soon. Someone to help around the office and all that’s stuff. Alice and Twists Ghouls seem to be very useful to them.

But that was an expense she wasn’t sure she could afford. Yet.

And so it begins.

“Come in.”
    comes the Italian voice.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Half a moment later, the Shadow enters. His eyes scan the room then snap back into place on the Prince. The Spider tucks away in an imagined place inside him, and for half a second he doesn't move. But he hasn't come here to grovel in fear, has he?

The new Prince strikes a lovely image of power, with tattoos exposed where her shirt and pants allow. They could represent anything. Memories. Ideals. Kills. Among the Kine, tattoos walk the line between taboo and trend. Here, in this room full of butterflies, they simply are. An extension of the figure wearing them.

Taft stops a few feet from the desk. Far enough to show respect - close enough to speak in comfortable tones. He bows, this time with one hand across his waist, the other upturned. As before. "Your Highness." He says, after rising. "I imagine the decor is your brainchild? I never met the previous Prince, but I can't imagine the man is responsible for the butterflies." He smiles a thin-lipped smile.

The Shadow tugs on the sleeve of his blue jacket, smoothing out any imagined wrinkles there may have been. Where to begin? "I was hoping to discuss matters with you. My role in the Domain. And the services I can provide." No smiles now. Instead, the Shadow is very still. His attention unwavering from the woman behind the desk.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The door opens and her Beast snarls in response.

The weaker Beast enters, and hers wants to redecorate the room with his flesh.

But not tonight. The Savage shoves her Beast back to its cage, ignoring it for now.

The intense Shadow stands before her. Which was ok with her, she hadn’t had a chance to talk to him yet, get a feel for him.

Closing the laptop, she focuses on Taft a small smile,

“They’re a hobby of mine.”
    Says the Italian in response to the comment about the butterflies.
    She gestures to the chairs, inviting him to sit if he so desired.

An eyebrow was raised, his role in the Domain? So he wants to be useful.

“Your role in the Domain and services you can provide.” She says, a single nod of her head, “Color me intrigued, please, continue.” What services could a Shadow provide? Sure, they had some fun parlor tricks, but was there more to them?

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

A hobby? One has to pass the time, he supposes. And, of course, he accepts the seat offered. It might seem rude otherwise.

From the chair, the shadow clasps his hands in front of him and leans forward slightly - his best posture for explaining things. "I have disclosed, in the past, the full implications of my abilities. With the Archon. But, seeing as how you've stepped into power above her," he smiles and pauses for effect "it seems right to let you know what kind of monsters live in your backyard."Why mince words? He is a monster. As are they all.

"This monster hasn't spent a great deal of time committing violence. Not out of cowardice, mind you, but simply because it is not my calling. As my Sire taught me, our Bloodline's talents would go to waste in the hands of a brute. The realm of the mind is my playground. My forte. And all of it is strengthened through the most mundane of our nightly activities."
    Another smile. "Feeding."

He stops to lean back somewhat, looking somewhat resigned. "But many fear that my abilities are the gateway to Amaranth. Prudent thought, perhaps, but based upon paranoia rather than truth.' He'd drawn on for a bit... no doubt the Prince would have feedback.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes watch him, his mannerisms, how he spoke. It all was a tell in who he was.

So whatever he had to offer, he spoke of it with Twist. Interesting.

She never mentioned it. But maybe that was because it wasn’t worth mentioning. She trusted the Daeva, more so than most Kindred within the Domain.

Then a smirk, stepped into power? She supposed that was one way to look at it.

“What kind of monsters huh?”
    amusement in her voice, “Aren’t we all monsters on some level?” though it went without saying.

His words caught her attention.

“The hands of a brute? Tell me, what classifies, to you, as a brute?” she was a brute of sorts.
    Sure, she had learned the hard way about letting her temper and Claws lead her. But she was still a violent person.

Her brain works to piece together what he was saying. The mind. Feeding. And the last key word.

The Amaranth.

Eyes narrow as she too leans back, “So piecing together what you are saying without coming out and saying it,” which was aggravating to say the least, “you have a mind trick that is activated or requires you to feed off someone or something.” Which was bizarre.

“And feeding off a Kindred is not allowed.” He wasn’t stupid, so what was he after?

Leaning forward, “Obviously Archon Twist made you aware of the Laws of this Domain?” she knew Twist did. “And as such, you know where the Domain stands on Amaranth.” She kind of wanted Twist in here right now.

“I don’t think I need to breakdown how powerful and dangerous that is.” She’d seen it in action. "I hardly view it as paranoia, it is a powerful compulsion. So you not view it as something to fear?" surely he knows how dangerous it was.

“So what are you after?”

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

A simple nod is his answer. At least she acknowledges the same. Monsters. All of them.

"That is simple. A brute is one who lets fists and teeth fly before reason. Act first, think later."

But there it is. Again. Was everyone in this Domain so closed-minded?

"Of course. She didn't need to show them to me. I'd read them before."
    Careful. Patient. The Shadow keeps his voice steady. "Forgive me for using such colorful language. I merely wanted to paint a picture, your Highness." How can he level this? Make her understand? Taft steeples his fingers and attempts to elaborate.

"I find it boring to go into discussions without a little flair, but perhaps that isn't what is needed. I am of the Mnemosyne. A powerful, yes, and misunderstood Bloodline. We do not feed habitually from other Kindred. We strengthen ourselves through artificial Kinship. A single offering of blood - from the safe medium of a decanter, let's say - is all that is ever needed to forge this. Once we, who hold this power, form this bond we can access the memories of the blood. Racial memories. Kin and Kine. Then, just as easily... this bond can be severed. It would be as if one snapped their fingers." Which he does with his right hand. "And the kinship is severed."

But then, there till remains her final question. And, again, a direct approach might serve well. "All I am after is your blessing to utilize this gift. Should such a bond of Kinship benefit the Domain. Your Domain."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hand waves dismissively, “I prefer colorful and to the point language. Keeps things flowing.” There was a time for pretty words and long explanations. She just liked to avoid them.

Mnemosyne? She wasn’t even going to try and pronounce it, not with her thick accent, she’d butcher the hell out of it. But she does look interested, listening to his words, filing bits of info away for later.

“So there are Kindred who willingly offer their blood for you to spy on their memories and gain inside knowledge into who they are? Not trying to be rude here, but that simply amazes me.”
    She wasn’t about to offer her blood to someone with that type of ability. Her memories and past were hers and hers alone.

“Even from a decanter, the risk of addiction and Vinculum is still present. And you want me to believe that that bond can, as you say, easily, be severed?” was this a joke? “That your bloodline has found a way aside from the obvious way, to severe a blood bond?” surely this had to be a joke.

“There are reasons for not allowing everyone who feels the urge to form this bond. Surely you are aware of the implications of such a bond.” Haven’t even been Prince a week yet and she had someone wanting her to bend the Laws. “I’ve seen those bonds in play over my many, many years. Seen strong Kindred brought to their knees, seen Princes use the bond to punish those who disobey.” The Vinculum could be a strong punishment against an insolent Kindred, bringing forced obedience.

“I’m going to blunt and to the point with you on this.” Not that she needed to justify anything she said.

“Tell me how this benefits me and my Domain. Because I’m having a hard time seeing how this is of any benefit. The risk of having a blood addicted Kindred running around with bonds to other Kindred just isn’t sitting well with me. Aside from seeing how this little gift can be used against our Brood problem." cause it could be a powerful tool against them. "So please, explain.” And why would a Kindred willingly want their memories read?

12. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Let her be amazed, then. Taft imagines it won't be the first time this evening she feels so. Even if she's used the word to describe her incredulity.

"We have."
    he says with a slow nod. "Is it really so hard to believe that those with the power to create these bonds can also dismiss them?" He lets that question float the air between them for a moment.

"And I understand your apprehensions about someone gaining secrets. Trust is an issue for our kind. But, then, one's true memories are safe from this bond. Only the eldest and most powerful have learned to actually read another's thoughts."
    He turns his palms upward in a placating gesture resembling a shrug. "I am not such a creature. The bonds I create do two things: create an empathic link like those shared by Childer of the same Sire, and grant insight and knowledge."

Perhaps an analogy is in order. "I, for example, am not a trained physician. My knowledge in this field is limited to applying bandages and ice." Ironically, things his own body have little use for. "And perhaps I feed upon average people living average lives. One man, in particular, might be an empty-headed drunk. But his ancestors? Three, four generations back... one might have been a renowned doctor. The Vitae remembers. Suddenly, my hands seem to remember the intricacies of surgery."

The Brood? The phrase had been tossed around at Court. Here is proof, positive, that the new Prince needs someone with his insight. Cunning foes would require even more cunning to overcome.

"Here is the answer. Bonded to one of your most trusted lieutenants, I can sense when they are in danger. Send aid to prevent a regrettable loss. Serving alongside those within the bond, no knowledge is beyond my grasp. And," a very humble smile "as I said, I'm not suited for violence. It's almost comical that anyone would worry about a man like me 'running amok' among Kindred who could rend my flesh like tissue paper. You mentioned, yourself, that other Princes have used the Vinculum to command obedience, did you not? If you truly feared I would pose a problem, your Highness, you already have the means to a solution." He wouldn't go into the fine details or how no Vinculum even need exist. She's well spoken for a Savage, and of considerable position. Surely she already knows that using someone of thinner blood than his own would practically negate the risk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread