Watch

A Sea Wolf and a Giant Niamh

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    K
    Krieg

@Niamh Sionnaigh

The giant approached the Gangrel. Inclining his head downward, he greeted her, "Hello. I am new in town. I am Krieg of Clan Nosferatu and Acolyte to the Circle of the Crone." His large gloved hands remained at his side. "I saw you toward the end of Court last time. I did not get a chance to meet you."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

Stepping away from her Priscus to speak up at the behemoth, Niamh tries to hide an uncomfortable shift in her stance.

"I am Niamh Sionnaigh, of Clan Gangrel. Unaglined," institution is given and the sea wolf wonders if she should extend her hand.

Deciding against it, "Yes, it's a little hard to miss you in a room isn't it."

A bear it two, "Was this an introduction or is there more conversation to be had?" a might belittle flippant , but the haunt was an Acolyte and Niamh had enough of Acolytes.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

K
    Krieg

"Such an interesting question," he quipped in response. "I am always eager for quality conversation."

A moment's pause passed between the two of them. "Where are you from? I came to the U.S. in the aftermath of World War II. It was such a dreadful time to be anywhere in Eastern Europe."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

Niamh nods, but dosen't smile. Of course things couldn't go her way.

"The Second World War...?" there's a hint of a question in her tone, but that might just be the lyrical quality if her accent. Niamh knew the disastrous moment in time, Sindy and Ralph were quick to sketch out a history for the time she'd missed while or sleeping to them.

Awake and aware, but sequestered in the ocean's frigid embrace she'd missed both World Wars.

"Ireland, originally." obviously, "Lived in England for a while..." with Richard and their boys. "Then I boarded the Titanic, and everybody already knows what happened after that." hint of wry humor, would he be satisfied, would he know she died on that Nightmare Ship, or would he assume she was older then that?

"Been in America for not quite ten years now. Mostly nomadic. Staying in cities is hard. Mostly learning about the technology. I just don't like it." if he wasn't pleased with what she'd offered, mayhaps a few token bites more with please him.

5. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"I never had the opportunity to visit Ireland, nor England. The infrastructure was blasted to bits only to be rebuilt and blown apart again. Perhaps I'll make it there, some night."

The giant clasped both gloved hands upon his chest in surprise, "The Titanic," he replied with curiosity. "Pardon my interest, if it appears macabre. What was that great ship like?"

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"It was beautiful. When I was there, but haven't been back to either." an admittance, perhaps of actual guilt. "But to see debris and damage..." Niamh shakes her head. Would she have seen the remnants of her life in those streets, or would have time taken even that from her before man destroyed it all..."Don't think I coulda done it."

Still wary, but surprised by her continued conversation with the behemoth, Niamh nods and dosen't to end the conversation....

...just yet.

"Surprising actually. Quarters were better then what anyone would have expected. But you're also talking to a girl who was in steerage. Ride wasn't to pleasant, even before the iceberg." did the world even know what happened, or was all the death enough to wipe away a murder? The fact the ship couldn't function, always veering side to side that terrible night...

K
    Krieg

"I would not fault you in the slightest," he offered a compassionate gesture of an open gloved hand. "There are some experiences that are best left buried."

Krieg kept silent for a moment, allowing the tragedy of their respective homelands ease.

"That had to be a great nuisance. The heave-ho of an uneven pace was nauseating for me back in the daylight. I can only imagine what that experience was like for you."

The Haunt was a bit more inquisitive. He bent his knees, to bring his upper torso down to be approximately equal height. Such proximity to her potent Blood brought a thrill of danger to his dead heart.

In a low whisper, he quietly asked, "I again beg your pardon on this subject. May I be privileged to learn of your fate aboard the ship? If not here, then perhaps, another time?"

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"There is that." a nod, then something that could have been a smirk, "Suppose after that, it might be a little insensitive to ask if you've been back home since you left."

She nods and remembers her boys, they couldn't take it. Neither could her husband, but her father was a sailor, and she inherited the same ease on the water as he. "There'd been lots of little faces, tinged green. Huddling over buckets, or the side if the rail."

Craning her neck to see his face hadn't been a chore. She was dead and felt no pain from the continued angle, but she appreciates when the colossus of a man bends his knees.

Then she hears his whisper. Thankful suddenly, that his voice didn't match his height. That it wasn't a booming, rumble heard everywhere in the room.

"Have you not figured it out yet?" she could leave it at that, she could lie to his face. She could play at being older then she is like she did with Sindy and Ralph, but eventually all lies caught up with you, "I died."

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"It is not at all insensitive to ask. You have been honest and courteous to my inquiries, and it is only fair to reciprocate." An appreciative nod followed. "When the conscripts of Order 227 marched through across the Eastern Carpathians, into Bukovina, life had simply gone from bad to worse. The Eastern Bloc was as every bit of nightmarish as one would expect."

"One night, I will return. Just not any time soon."

Another contemplative pause followed when Niamh answered his question. "I do not practice assumption. Such a habit feeds upon prejudices and results in more convenient falsehoods than hard-earned truths."

"You have deepest sympathies for enduring such an ordeal as that."

Seeing her ease in posture, "Would you like to sit down?" the tall Haunt gesturing to a set of couches. "I know it can be difficult for prolonged conversation at my height."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"Oh, is that something youbfonoften then?" lips quirk, "Reciprocate, I mean."

Did she just do that? It seems she had.

"Bad, to worse..." Eyes soften as she nods, not understanding but knowing she needs to telephone Sindy again, or maybe just consult a history book. "Nightmares are certainly made of that."

"We all make assumptions. We all just did." She begins, a wry smile twisting her lips, "Her Grace might be standing behind Her Majesty now, but the Duchess and now Hound-Archon, sorry, wasn't there when our new Prince shed the mantle of Sheriff-Reeve, rather. We all made the assumption that, that women had the right to sit in that chair." a murmur, lips barely moving. Niamh didn't want to lose her head over some commentary. "But I do thank you all the same. Many kindred have the opportunity to return to their lives, if on the outside. Watch it go one. Guard their children. See what they make if themselves." muddy waters grow cloudy, "It's safe to hm...assume that I didn't get that luxury. When you take whole life and everyone yiu live, and put it in a boat, if it goes to shit it hose to shit hard."

The muddy water clear, "When I talk to someone I like to look at their face, so ain't going to say no to the couch."

Once they both sit, Niamh takes in the behemoth's dimensions, hard as it was to focus on anything else. The Couch was slight and fashionable, and the haunt took over much of the space.

"So, where were we?"

13. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.