Watch

Changelings By Night

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    J
    John Doe

"If I happen upon a k-cup, I'll drop it off for you."

Dark ripples appeared upon his cheeks. "Oh uhm." He had not anticipated Circe's reaction. His gaze upon the Elf lingered a bit longer than he was able to control. "Uhm...sure...boss..." Back at the bottom of the totem pole. "Just pay me in food, if, that's okay."

Lastly to her question about the Courts, "I'm a chilly fellow, if you catch my drift." He chuckled for a moment. "I love puns, too."

Turning to Verne , "Brother, what's your specialty?"

V
    Verne

He watched the women and the faceless fellow. The exotic lass noted she had called dibs at maintenance tasks. Perhaps Verne had less to bring to the table then he hope. But then Hope was ever the Meat of Fools. Still she found the idea of fellow craftspeople a pleasant one.

"Like you... John..." His name was John right? "I find myself favoring colder weather. Knee deep in snow, in fact. As for specialties. I can still tinker some as I may have mentioned. Other talents have been... uh... lost, I'm afraid."

"Not sure how much help I'll be at a Park. An able gardener, praps but not exactly a green thumb really."
    Verne confessed but saw no reason to mention his Hedge Garden. It was of a different nature entirely. Wasn't it?

"Pray tell, Mistress Circe. Is Summer your own favored Season then?" He eyed the others warily as he turned to the woman who suggested pledges were unnecessary, "And you... Mistress Ingrid? Do you have a favored Season as well?"

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Darkling moved her cigarillo artfully away from her mouth and blew a cloud of fume.

"Well, if you didn't pick up on the scent of plum, I'll tell you. Emerald Courtier and proud. Spring is my Court." In more ways than one.

"So. A maintenance man and a gardner. Oh! And another tinkerer to boot. Yeah. Funderland sure could use those skills. I got a bit of influence with the place so I'm sure I could swing something." A little bit of discretion from the Director.

Smiling again.

"Well. This could make things interesting. If you stick around, that is." There was a hint of excitement in her voice, tinkling like a little bell. She was right about that: if the two Onyx Courtiers made their home in the Freehold they could potentially double the power and influence of the Winter Court. They would, after all, have numbers.

Ingrid was up for the challenge.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe grinned as the faceless man's gaze lingered on her. She'd not been able to get that kind of reaction from the last Lost boys she'd tried it with. The elf was still a little miffed at the waste of time that'd been. "Awww Johnny mah boy," she leaned forward at the waist with a friendly smile, "Its ah theme park. If ya work there ya can snag leftovers at the end of the day easy peasy," then straightened up. "Well, nobodies bitched at me for doin' it. Really it'll be good to have ya around John. I may work fasta alone but many hands make nice work," the elf giggled as she twisted the proverb.

And the boys were...Circe openly pouted, "Aww, so yer not the Boys of Summer? And Hell yeah Verne, despite my sunny disposition," Circe gives a thumbs up with a huge smile on her face as her Mantle blasts heat around her, "I enjoy the hottest months. The time of year with bathing suits," the elf began rubbing her hands together in front of her, "and angry drunk fist fights. Sometimes together. What's not ta love?" The Summer Queen sounded giddy as she bounced on her feet throughout her little speech.

Circe then focused on Verne, giving him a flat look. She then pointed at Ingrid, "What she said buddy. We'll find some way ta give ya a paycheck, no worries. Though clear somethin' up will ya. Johnny here is gettin' inta my pad without a coin toss, right?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

V
    Verne

Blinking blankly as he sorted out the exotic Summer's question about coin tosses, Verne answered calmly if uncertainly, "Yes, Miss Summer. No need for coin tosses. John wins... by default."

Was that the best answer? 'Pad' meant her residence, hadn't it. Not a euphemism for something... else?

"Well. Funderland. Yes. Will there be chance to meet the Winter's Court there. Or do they... have their drunken fist fights... elsewhere, then?" The cool tone did little disguise his wariness, not even with the muddled remains of his posh English accent.

He took a half step back. While there was advantage to following this pair, now trio, it seemed they felt he was homeless and bereft of resources. He wasn't sure what exactly a Theme Park was but by the name it sounded dreadful. FUN-derland? Not exactly his native element. Still. If this was what The Beyond had to offer in terms of Freehold and Allies, Verne would just have to put on a stiff upper lip. If he could survive Endless War, certainly Frivolity would be easier to suffer.

"Very well. When shall you be available to reconnoiter. At this... Themed... Park?" Verne asked, deciding his bag of scavenged treasures needed to be secured before dawn and the Hollow needed to be checked in case one of the Hobs had decided the idea of a small fire was brilliant again. "Pleased to rejoin you at a time of... uh... convenience."

J
    John Doe

The Faceless shifted his head toward Ingrid. The cigarillo smoke and scent of plumb intermixed into a unique smell. A nod of his head followed, "Thanks, I'm very grateful and appreciative."

As Circe leaned forward, John's face rippled like a pebble landing in a pond. The indentations upon his face, the "arches" that mimicked approximation of eyes raised upward. "Ye-yes, boss. That sounds easy...peasy..."

The thought of the Monarch of Summer, in a bathing suit, had warmed up the Winter Courtier. A low whisper of "better mark my calendar," escaped his lips in regards to her time of the year. Upon realizing his thought being vocalized, he passed a hand behind his head. "Uhhhh, better mark my calendar....to get in shape, and get ready for a bar fight...ya know."

The double-entendre of the Elf Queen's pad further teased his imagination. Twin circles of dark silver appeared upon his cheeks. Turning his head to Verne, "'ey thanks brother." then back to Circe. "Sounds good, boss."

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid nodded, seemingly satisfied with the way things had turned out.

"Its possible. We call it the Funderland Freehold but in many ways the theme park acts as focal point or beacon. Some of us work there. Some don't. We gather at Funderland for meetings and stuff. We in the Emerald have a Hollow in the Hedge right by the place - and everyone is welcome there. And I know the Ash have the 'haunted house' as a kind of Hollow."

She gestured with both hands whizzing.

"Now Winter don't have a Hollow that I know of. But Sasha the Onyx Queen does own a jazz bar called the Blue Note. And we often end up there for functions, know what I mean."

The cigarillo found its way back between her lips.

"Now. Anything else or shall we get going? Funderland is that way, down the road and beyond the trees."
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

<span style="color:#ffd700;">"Cool,"</span> was her sole response to Verne confirming John's housing status.<br><br><span style="color:#ffd700;">"Winters that drunken fist fight? Oh Hell ya Verne, yer cool man! In the summer its usually drunken college boys doin' it. Glamour and some eye candy,"</span> Circe laughed. Then the elf caught on, <span style="color:#ffd700;">"Ooooh, ya don't mean ya do it, do ya Verne?"</span> She raises her free hand and gives a tiny wave at her wrist in the negative, <span style="color:#ffd700;">"No no no. I'm talkin' about the mundies doin' shit like that over summer, not us. I mean, yeah,"</span> she nodded with a frown, <span style="color:#ffd700;">"I'd jump inta a brawl for laughs. And I did suggest a coffee shop with bikini clad servers,"</span> then she laughed, <span style="color:#ffd700;">"but I did NOT suggest cage matches. I prefer laser tag myself. Pew pew." <br></span><br>John's words didn't miss Circe's ears. Said ears bounced in amusement as she grinned at his compliment,<span style="color:#ffd700;"> "Aw don't worry about it. Ya just gotta pick out the right suit for that time of year. I find red compliments my tone good. Especially when its a lil' bit o' red and a lotta skin," </span>she giggled at first but frowned at how badly her last attempt to use it for flirting went. She shook it off.<br><span style="color:#ffd700;"><br>"I got nothin' but one question Ingrid." </span>Circe dug into her back pocket and pulled out her car keys. <span style="color:#ffd700;">"I'm drivin'. Who's callin' dibs on&nbsp; shotgun?!"</span>
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

ooc I have no idea what happened to the last post. Re-posting without coding error.

"Cool," was her sole response to Verne confirming John's housing status.

"Winters that drunken fist fight? Oh Hell ya Verne, yer awesome!"
    Circe laughed. Then the elf caught on, "Ooooh, ya don't mean ya do it, do ya Verne?" She raises her free hand and gives a tiny wave at her wrist in the negative, "No no no. I'm talkin' about the mundies doin' shit like that over summer, not us. I mean, yeah," she nodded with a frown, "I'd jump inta a brawl and did suggest a bikini coffee shop," then she laughed, "but I prefer laser tag myself. Pew pew."

John's words didn't miss Circe's ears. Said ears bounced in amusement as she grinned at his compliment, "Aw don't worry about it. Ya just gotta pick out the right suit for that time of year. I find red compliments my tone good. Especially when its a lil' bit o' red and a lotta skin," she giggled at first but frowned at how badly her last attempt to use it for flirting went.

"I got one question Ingrid."
    Circe dug into her back pocket and pulled out her car keys. "Who's callin' dibs on riding shotgun?!"

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Verne

Verne nodded. The others were preparing to depart. "Thank you. Look forward to visiting later. Is there an optimal time?"

"I love to join you now, but there are... things..." The wary veteran held back information about his bolt holes in this world and the Hedge. That sort of information would be best left until it was necessary. Still Verne regretted not just tagging along but he had a bag of a fine nights scavenging to sort out and the Hollow to check on.

"Pleasure meeting you all. Ladies. Gentleman," while he might be wary and distant, the clockwork ling was sincere as he stepped back toward the security of shadows. "Tommorrow, then?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread