(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft watches the Irish woman with interest. She'd covered for her ruse gracefully enough. The corners of the Shadow's mouth curl up slightly. Then the giant speaks on the matter. Chiding Taft, perhaps? Or simply trying to be the medium for peace.

"Of course. She can share her beliefs if and when she chooses. I must admit, though," his eyes briefly break away from the large man and land squarely on Naimh's "to no small amount of curiosity on the subject." It is, after all, the reason he's come here: to observe and study other schools of thought. Sharpen his own mind for the experience.

The giant's next bit is a tad confusing for Taft. Why he would continue to pressure for peace from an already agitated Takeda is beyond his understanding. If he'd been in the man's shoes, he'd have excused himself from the conversation.

But if the big man is as strong as he looks? He could just as well hold his ground.

Taft's attention is drawn to Takeda's wordless reply. He doesn't recognize the gesture, sadly, but it's certainly entertaining to watch. He doubts very much that it's the sign for 'friendship'.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

Takeda view and Niamh nods. Accepting her words, and savouring the oriental's and the men's shock of her mind.

Quick of wit and glib of tongue. Not what many and most would think of a savage.

Then her brows climb as the behemoth haunt smoulders baying for pease - on her behalf!

...when she clearly didn't see a reason for him too. His cousin didn't apologize nessisarly, but she accepted Niamh's words and choose to take them to heart. Or at least chose silence over escalation.

After a moment of her own bemused silences, the shadows words cause her to speak, "I think I'll keep my silence, and your curiosity Mister Taft." spider he may be, easily crushed under boot, but every spider spun a web and if he needed her alive for these answers then she wouldn't find herself caught in it.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

3. Likes liked this post
    K
    Krieg

As peace was tenuously attained, the Acolyte took opportunity of the mounting silence. "Here is something to ponder. Do any of you contemplate your dreams? I certainly do."

"I can recall from my own dreams, as fragmented as they are. I find myself having visited a variety of lands. I only know this because of the change in terrain. I am never close to a city. I am consistently out in what once was the endless wilderness. A woman walks beside me every time. She speaks, but, I cannot remember her words."

Takeda Katsumi

Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

NOS
    PRE

The giant asks his question, but his wish has been granted. Takeda is silent, and still, the only motion being the flow of air into her lungs and the brief flutter of lashes to keep eyes moist; the mudra does not change. Whatever was to come next, it would be up to the Spider, the Water Demon, and the giant. The Killer would watch, and wait, until her opinion was once again requested.
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

Her lips press together as Takeda offers only silence. Niamh didn't know if it was a flaw brought about by the giant's Blood, or if this was something innate within him and she suspected the male species, but a women stewing in her anger, seething in silence was far more deadly then one releasing her vitriol so it dosen't fester.

Time would tell if his insistence on silencepeace would spell his end.

"Dreams?" once her own musings, "Nightmares, for me. All to do will water." and from their lengthy conversation at Court the behemoth at least would understand, in part. None would truly know that at night she was visited by her memories and all the monstrous things she was a part of under the waves.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"Nightmares? Oh dear, that's awful," Krieg remarks. Casting a glance to Lawrence Taft , for further contribution, he continues. "I kept a journal, up until it was lost in a flooded basement. Terrible, terrible tragedy. I tried to salvage it, but alas, all for naught."

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft nods slowly at the drowned wench, his eyes betraying the hunger her secrecy produces. "It would appear so."

Dreams? Where to begin? Or, rather, where not to. Taft can't be sure which dreams are his own and which have been... 'collected'. "Best not to talk about my dreams in polite company." he says with an almost coy smile.

To the giant, "Paper is such an unfortunate medium. The world's voices miraculously made physical and stored on something that will fade with time." His smile, now, is likely unpleasant uncalled for in light of the subject. His eyes alight on the assembled monsters in turn, as if disclosing in front of a jury. "There are truths that exist that I would never commit to paper, for that reason alone. I believe only the soul itself is capable of housing our treasured thoughts and dreams."

"Do those friends of yours,"
    he says to Takeda, indicating the two robed monks she'd mentioned before "put the same value on the soul?"
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

10. Likes Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

Pleased that she had finally been invited back into the conversation, Takeda let the mudra drop, though she made sure to hold Krieg's gaze with her own muderous glare as she did so.

"Yes, they do,"
    she began, turning her attention to the Spider. "There is a reason why most sacred texts are written in what many consider to be riddles, or philosophical exercises. The Soul has to uncover the path to Enlightenment on its own. The soul can be guided, but the answers must be discovered in order to truly be learned, the answers cannot simply be given. After all, what is true in one realm and one life might not be true in another, but what is true to the Soul is always true. Once that wisdom has been birthed in the soul it can never be lost, and thus there is hope, even if one is forced to walk in the realms of Hell."
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

12. Likes liked this post

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"Paper dosen't hold my dreams, or nightmares, rather. Where I sleep...there's not room for much." the savage admits.

Questions are asked once more and Niamh falls to silence, pulling her words once more into practice, though those hungry muddy waters trace the lips that speak, better to commit them to memory.

K
    Krieg

The Giant shrugged. "Neither of you keep a record," it seemed disappointing to him. Looking to Taft with an assessing eye, "Paper has endured for far longer than individual memory. In absence of that, it is the retelling of tales from yesteryear, that it is preserved. Although it's details invariably become modified." Once more, widening his attention, "In that case, then, do you have any oral traditions?"

In the contest of intimidation, the first to blink was the loser. Krieg refused to blink in the face of a prey. His visage held firm upon Takeda's stare.

"Tell me, what of these multiple infernal realms does the Soul venture through? What tribulations must be overcome for enlightenment?

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread