(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The Shadow's face is thoughtful. Calculating. The Killer has struck a chord, and the note is part of his own song. "I can't say whether it inspires hope, for me, but I think your brothers are right. The soul never forgets its wisdom; even after death. Those truths remain in the... 'universe'. To be rediscovered."

The same from the Savage? He can only wonder what her motivations are. Privacy? Fear? Or something as simple as not caring to hold on to the memories.

Taft can't help the particularly wicked grin that spreads across his face at the Giant's question. "Oral traditions? Yes... something like that." If they weren't surrounded by breathers, he might just have elaborated. Instead, he simply chuckles under his breath.

The standoff between Haunts continues, leaving him an excuse not to divulge more. And the Giant's question is interesting enough. Taft's intense gaze rests on Takeda again, almost seeming to say 'what infernal realms indeed?"
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

2. Likes Ruach, , Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

NOS
    PRE

"The only tribulations that the soul must overcome are desire and attachment. Desire and attachment lead to suffering. It is only in the realm of Man, Nindō, that our souls are able to truly understand the wisdom of this and cast off the chains which keep us from Enlightenment. However, as our souls struggle to transcend beyond our emotions and our judgements, our passions and our hungers, we pass through five other realms. It is the lowest three realms that teach our souls the greatest suffering, however," Takeda explained, a note of self-satisfaction creeping into her voice as she explained.

"In the realm of Chikushōdō, we are like animals, ruled by our basest instincts, servants to punishment and reward, as was discussed earlier. Higher thought is stripped away, leaving us with the devastating existence of mere survival. However, no matter the instincts that drive the souls of Chikushōdō, it is in the realm of Gakidō that we begin to learn of true suffering as we are beset by eternal starvation. Hunger without end eats at our souls, driving us mad, endless faminine stripping us of even the meagre nobility of the animal kingdom. Yet, if this were not enough, the foulest of souls are cast into Hell, or Jigokudō.

"This,"
    Katsumi, explained, gesturing between them, "will sound most familiar, for it is in Jigokudō that we are embroilded in the seething tides of unending hatred, bloodlust, sadism, and every other vile instinct or thought that has ever been imagined. However, even in Hell there is virtue, and thus we are still able to claw our way back into the higher realms. I shall leave their description to my more learned colleagues, however."
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

4. Likes Ruach, , liked this post

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"Paper might endure, but not if its buried over and over." giving more if a hint to her sleeping arrangements, the poor Haunt looked so disappointed, Niamh couldn't help but throw him a bone.

A brow raises at the Shadow's noncommittal answer.

Niamh's focus shifts as Takeda starts talking, the Savage's eyes of muddy waters trace the Asian Haunt's lips as she speaks, attempting to soak up the information her Coterie mate provided.

The accent once brought thoughts of derision have been replaced by a ever growing fondness,

"Dose your soul need to travel through a of them to achieve enlightenment?" feeling inadequate even as she speaks, in the face of all the knowledge and wisdom the others have shared.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

6. Likes Ruach, Cayce, liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"You make a good point there, Lawrence." He remarked to the Mekhet. "Perhaps I ought to chat with you later on. I'm curious to learn what you know."

As his Cousin elaborated on her perspective, he remained quietly polite. "An interesting perspective on the soul's journey. Does your interpretation delve deeper into the details of these Hells? I ask only because I know with other mythologies - specifically the co-opting of Dante's Inferno by Christianity - that specific punishments exist for a foul life."

Looking to Niamh, "As others seem to find paper a troublesome medium for record, fine. A record inscribed upon stone can theoretically last for eternity. Only three years ago, was the oldest customer complaint found, from 1750 BC. It was complaint about copper ingots. Tell me, that's worth something, is it not?

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft's mouth rests in a subdued, amused grin as Takeda delves into her deeper truths. Only when she is finished does he add "I see. That is rather hopeful. That no matter how far you plummet, there are ways to redeem yourself." His tone suggests fascination, though, rather than agreement. "I don't really know what I believe, now. But I think everything and anything exists in the realm of possibility."

If Spiders were known for luring others with honey, the Giant's interest would seem like a... natural response. In truth, there is only a web - one which he ambles towards willingly. Or unaware. "I would never turn away the curious, of course, but the answers I have might prove unsettling. Take that into consideration." he says with a nod and a thin-lipped smile.

But, then, the seriousness is stripped away by Krieg's description of the tablet. Taft chuckles. "A fair point. What I'm really suggesting, though, is that written word isn't the only form knowledge can take. But that is a discussion for another place."

9. Likes Ruach, , Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

"For my personal interpretation of the hells, I'm afraid we would need to be somewhere where everyone is less excitable over talk of demons and monsters," Takeda shot back, unconcerned that some part of her was so childishly pleased at having been able to use the giant's words against him.

"As for the interpretations that are often shared by other Buddhists, there are many texts that go into quite vivid detail. Of course, those texts vary depending on which country they originated in. There are concepts in the Buddhist texts from India that I will admit I do not fully understand. I am curious, though, how much of that is due to the difference in culture, and how much of that is due to the gulf of years between myself and their author. How many truths do you think have been forgotten, even with something as simple as a customer care complaint because of how radically the world has changed?"

11. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"It's not that I find paper bothersome, it's just where exactly shall I keep sheafs of it?" she asks pointedly, trying to remind him of their overlong conversation in court.

A chuckle escapes her as the Haunt continues, "What a find that must have been,"

Listening to Shadow and her Coterie mate, leaving a trail of hints instead of breadcrumbs,

"Then might us take this conversation elsewhere?" they could get away with speaking of things under the guise of myth or hypothicals, but if the learned Shadow and the keen Killer evaded then neither could imagine a way to speak while also cleaving to the Masquerade. "Or perhaps leave these threads of conversation for another time, it is growing rather late..."

Shall we wrap? I think we've hit the month mark
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

13. Likes Ruach, Cayce liked this post
    K
    Krieg

To Niamh, "Yes, I do recall your circumstance. My offer still stands."

Upon further consideration from Lawrence, Takeda and Niamh, he nodded once. "So," both eyebrows raising in inquiry, "Where shall we take our conversation, eh? I have a place I discovered. Unless one of you has an suggestion."

Good for wrap up. Great scene. 5/5, will antagonize again.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

It's almost a pity that talks of demons and devils would put the Kine on edge. Half of him wants to prod that bee-hive and see what comes out. But no... not tonight.

"Many."
    chimes the Spider at the Killer's query. He gives her a stiff nod. "It would be irresponsible to ignore that. But life's all about discovery, isn't it? Finding what's lost and forgotten and all that." And ends in a half-assed flourish of his hand - as if it's all been said before.

There seems to be some consent to go into... deeper details. As always, Taft would most certainly bite take up the offer. "Where did you have in mind, friend?" he inquires, intense gaze accompanying an amused smirk for the Giant.

Wraps it up!

16. Likes Ruach, Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

"Perhaps," Takeda suggested, "it is best that we continue this discussion in a place of peace. While I am sure that it is not necessary, I do not believe it to be unwise, either."

With that, Takeda followed the others to the exit, leaving the kine to ponder the benevolence of their priests teachings, and the bliss that could be found in the afterlife...

If y'all would like to continue this conversation, feel free to open a new thread and tag me in

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread