1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Prince!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Letting people know in advance there will be a New Prince on campus.

Soon.

I know some of you have already begun to plot your own ascent (and I like it, 'tis good, and is what Vampire should be). However I'll be experimenting with an NPC Prince first. Being top dog comes with some responsibilities and restrictions (such as being able to easily get into plots) and I'd rather not hinder / hamstring anyone's fun.

Of course, none of this will stop you plotting against the Prince...

2. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Oooh... Orianna this is going to make our plans even more exciting!

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

BP3/Pre2/SL2:Wholesome/Pro3: Aspect of the Predator

I would say that it will make for some interesting reactions to having an unknown taking over for the Prince. I can't imagine any domain member is going to be happy about it or follow blindly. So definitely will make for some interesting tension throughout the domain.
    Gangrel/BP3/Pro3/SL2:Wholesome
    "Given only the health of the soil, nothing that dies is dead for very long" -Wendell Berry

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

So I’ve been thinking and I think I have some concerns Yumyumcrow

Given the level of planning that Twist is at with Alessandra - if they walk into court in less than a week and find an outsider claiming the title of Prince, her reaction very much might be to kill the invading usurper.

I’m all for the OOC reasons of having an NPC Prince but I’m concerned that at this stage the introduction of one will create a ‘civil war’ in Sacramento if you will. Which could be a fun plot but also a not so fun plot as it would very much push our small player base into PvP situations.

I don’t necessarily want to have the IC surprise ruined but maybe you can help assuage my fears in this regard?

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Orianna liked this post

Deltaomega I can see how it may lead to some PvP conflict... but those don’t have to necessarily be deadly. I mean, ultimately, surviving the nights is still a character motivation. The Vamps probably aren’t going to risk Final Death unless they think they can come out on top. Probably. #honeybadger

But that’s just my opinion. I know you’ve had Twist going for a good minute.

Vauban

I would not be surprised if quite a few characters in game were to immediately (And possible violently) try to depose the new Prince that shows up. Kindred don't traditionally look up to newcomers who show up out of nowhere claiming they are the new boss in town.

Also wrong Delta Travisc06489 :P

Derp. Well, no one listen to me, then. XD
    Can’t even get my Deltas right.

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

I've kept quiet because I didn't trust what I would say. But I agree 100% with deltadream . This is going to be a mess. Ale will not support some interloper who could very well be a Brood or Hunter. I'm all for adding a bit of drama to the whole Prince thing, it's Vampire, drama goes with it. But at this point, I foresee Initiative being called for very early into the scene.

And Travisc06489 yes, surviving the nights is always a motivation. But giving what the Domain has gone through with Brood and now maybe Hunters, there are Kindred that will view this as a threat. You don't bow down to some random Kindred off the street who thinks they can sit on the throne. No. It doen't happen. And while Ale wouldn't want to meet Final Death, defending the Domain trumps that. If you don't think Ale won't grow her claws and go all out to remove this joker, than, well, you're in for a huge surprise.

I see where you’re coming from. I guess it’s a matter of character prospective, then. The more established, respected members would have a lot to lose and see the new guy as a threat. The little guys (like mine) might not be happy about the sudden regime change, but feel powerless to do anything about it. And fear being destroyed if they voice their opinions...

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Thank you all for your thoughts / comments.

I only considered the option to give characters maximum flexibility.

However, if you don't mind Alessandra stepping up Orianna then I won't get in the way of people's entertainment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread