Ended
Watch

New roads to somewhere

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    O
    Odie

"Like a pack, huh? I happen to be from a long line of... Moon-Lovers." The slender young man chuckled warmly at a Hector until he suddenly realized the full impact of the crazy guy's implications.

"WAIT! ALL of YOU?" Odie clamped his hand over his mouth for a second to prevent further outburst. "Well Bless Mama Moon and my Furry Papa. That's just... wow." He glanced at each of those gathered quickly, trying to determine the Alpha without success. He rather hoped it was the big guy next to him. Cause Crazy or Angry were trouble for a pack. Especially in the City. But then every pack had their own mojo, so... the young man just sighed with a wry grin.

"I don't know Hector. I'd like to be friends. I really would. I miss it. Family. Life sucks with out it," Odie confessed without guile to the older man. "But I'm not so sure the rest of your fellow Moon Lovers would be so keen on the deal." Not being able to shut his mouth at the mean spirited accusation, he added in earnest, "And from across the street it totally looked like you guys were hassling ol' Hec here. That is not the face of someone being nice!" Animated, Odie gestures at the angry woman as if proof of his conclusion. "So slow your own rolls. Concerned citizen, here!"

He sighed. He didn't want to start shit. Especially with the she-wolf looking ready to kill somebody. Somebody who looked and sounded exactly like him. "Respectfully, so. Not the enemy here," He offered arms open but he wasn't ready to bare his neck to any of them quite yet. "Just sayin'."

He looked to Officer Hardt for some sort of support or maybe a polite request to his buddies not to kill Odie in the middle of the street. That would just ruin everyone's day. Odie knew it would ruin his.

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

All this name dropping doesn't sit well with Tristan. His own name, sure. Guy could have heard someone mention it. But Hector? The kid doesn't look like the type to hang where Hector hangs. It doesn't seem threatening, though. Just odd. With all the hints dropping that he's one of the People, Tristan wonders if he invoked some kind of gift to know what he knows.

The entire time the kid goes into explaining himself, Tristan's gaze doesn't waver. Sure, he seems the open, harmless type. So did another, sorely missed member or their group. And that guy? Shit... 'Kid' wasn't one to take at face value. This new guy'll have to be watched.

When the scruffy-looking college kid turns to look at Tristan - moral support? - he wants to laugh. But doesn't. Because he doesn't laugh.

"What'r you looking at me for? You're not in danger, here. Not unless you're bringing danger with you." Tristan turns his head slightly and spits on the ground. ​"Guessing you've got a name?"
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

A chuckle escapes Chris before he can stop it. He shakes his head and scratches at the temporary? beard. "God damn." Some things just stick around. "My apologies. I'm.. not used to dealing with" Words fail as Chris tries to find the right word.

"Exuberance? That's a word right?" A glance around, school was a good place to make friends. "Not having a family does suck." It may be more than a couple days without the two but not having a totem means the old pack didn't feel like one for a long long time.

"I'm Chris by the way. Don't think I've seen that one before." Magic would be the word if Chris didn't know better. Spirits don't play games like that. Nor do they like that word.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector continued to stare at the newcomer, his smile lingering on his face like the afterglow of a fire. The he gave a short chuckle.

"Well. Someone knows a Gift, I bet. Nice."

His attention sloughed off the new wolf and drifted back to the street.

"How about we grab those beers and move away before we all attract notice?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-17 20:37:31 Hector to Know Stuff when he see's it rolls 4 to Intelligence + Occult (10 Again) 5, 6, 1, 10, 9 2 successes
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

6. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola listens and looks mean.

The ones more comfortable with conversation handle it a d they make better and subtler attemps to see if the idiot was a threat or not.

"Yeah. Lets get that beer."

She dies not look enthused.
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

8. Likes liked this post
    O
    Odie

Odie grinned happily. Why shouldn't he be. He just might have a new pack.

"Uh... yes sir, Officer Hardt. Odie. Short for Odin. No relation," he grinned cheerfully, even as his left eye twitch at the memory of an old wound.

He grinned to Hector with a merry shrug. The old dude was no doubt crazy as they came but sharp as a well honed talon. He'd picked up on him being Uratha pretty much right off, didn't he. Seemed like it. And he'd guessed that Odie had used some sort of gift.

As a matter of fact so had the other guy... Chris. Or the young pup was guessing that as well. While it seemed like that guy had seen better days, he might just be the most normal of the four. Past the weathering he seemed like a regular guy. Odie made sure to give a respectful nod in his and Mean Mama's direction.

Officer Hardt wasn't as supportive or protective as he'd hope but that worked both ways. Or so he hope. It was probably less likely he would call Odie on any shadier antics. Or so he hoped.

And then Sister Slice, real name to yet be discovered, who happily seemed more interested in drinking then ripping Odie a new one. The young pup smiled mischievously. That practically made them besties. Or so he hoped.

Odie set himself a personal goal then and there to see what the Glaring Goddess looked like when she smiled. He briefly wondered if it could happen without blood shed. Yet another hope, but then he was a hopeful kinda guy.

As he made to tag along with the other wolves, he shook his head with chagrin. FOUR Uratha... plus HIM! Going for drinks. He chuckled quietly to himself. It sounded like a set up of a bad joke. Five werewolves walk into a bar....

Odie winced at possible punchlines.

Suddenly it hit him. If he was going to hang out with this crowd he'd definitely have to invest in a fake ID. He was a few years before he could legally drink. Odie's smirk shifted to a wry smirk. Maybe Officer Hardt had some ideas on that.

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Exuberance is right. Tristan doesn't know what's worse: Viola's attitude or the kid's energy. At least Viola calls bullshit when she sees it. This kid?

Hector confirms the suspicions then. A Gift. He'd probably whipped that one up to get them to drop their guards. Makes sense, somewhat. Tristan hadn't been prepared to meet two new wolves in one day.

"Odie sounds like a pet name." Not at all Tristan's thing. Too much affection in that. "I'm calling you Odin. It's a strong name, anyways" Not at all weird and off-putting like, well, Viola.

"Beer it is. All this idle chit-chat is making my throat dry. How bout we snag some from the corner store and walk you to your new home."

Should prolly wrap this one up soon.

Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

Anyone watching Chris sees him mouth "Odie" and "Odin" interchangeably for a few seconds. Neither feels right. Tristan is right about the pet name. Odin though.. Chris isn't on the up and up about spirits. That's Crescent and Shadow work. But hey if Tristan is ok with it.

"Gonna go with Odin as well."
    A nod to the other new guy and a look around the group. Yeaahhh.

"I'll get the beer, I have some spare cash laying around." And this way no one sees an officer buy beer for this odd looking group...and a kid? How old is he?

Agreed
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector simply chuckled.

"Looks like things are set, then."

Good call.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

O
    Odie

Odie smirked scoping out the mismatched pack. He was going to a bar. To Drink. With Wolves. Awesome!

S'all good here. Agreed as well.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread