Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Studio One's Open Saturday Sessions

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

The Fairest nodded. "Yes, sometimes there are other winter requests. Recently, the children love to do a Frozen themed piece." She chuckled softly. "But, it doesn't always leave much for the boys or other males who are involved."

"We've done Christmas themed ones, such as A Christmas Carol in dance form. Think of it as a dance opera." She smiled widely.

"If you dance with a hula-hoop, what type of music do you use? Pop, classical, alternative?" These were valuable pieces of information, enough to gauge where to start Madison off at.

"Ballet is beautiful, it truly is. I started when I was a child. It isn't something that can't be learned as an adult, despite what people say." Of course, not always would point shoes be involved.

"So since you already dance with a hula hoop, contemporary may be where to begin. It's free flowing, and mostly just lets your body move with the music."

"And since you're a contortionist, you have no boundaries to movement." Which the Dancer knew rather well. To dance without the boundaries of human figures was something she always marveled of herself. Sasha turned to pick up the remote, and paused the music so it would be easier to find something that was the blonde's tastes.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “That does seem to have taken the child by storm. Seems everywhere you look there is something from Frozen. Are you able to create roles for them? Add something special and unique to it?” it’d be something she would do, add something to make everyone have a part.

“A Christmas Carol in dance form? Well, I’m going to have to keep my eyes open because I would love to see that in dance form!” yup, she wanted to see that.

“Oh, it’s alternative with dark rhythms. I usually use Massive Attack’s ‘Inertia Creeps’. It has the perfect beat for me. Plus, it has a darker undertone which blends well with the hula hoop and fire.”
    She’s changed the music up here and there, but that was her go to.

There was a brief look of disappointment, “Oh, that’s too bad, I didn’t realize.” Guess she should have perused it when she was younger. But then again, there was time. Her parents were always moving them around from city to city.

“I like free flowing. I don’t have much structure in my everyday life, the whole being able to set my schedule and all. Is contemporary more alternative music type dance?”

S
    Sasha

"Oh, yes, I have no problem with creativity and helping to keep things fluid so many have an opportunity. But, you're right. Frozen has taken everything by storm and it has gotten old rather quickly." She laughed loudly. Sasha was grateful no children were around to hear that, it would break their hearts.

Seeing the disappointment, the Dancer moved her body a little and shook her hands to dismiss Madison's overall expression. "Oh, I think you misunderstood me. You can learn ballet as an adult, it's just a little more difficult to do so. Ballet isn't all about point shoes and pirouettes though. Some ballet movements have nothing to do with that." Turning to her laptop to pull up a search for the song.

The Dancer found it and listened to it for about half the song. If you were to see her face, she wasn't looking at the youtube screen at all. Her eyes were closed, absorbing the song. Pausing it halfway through, she turned partially to the blonde. "I can see how you could hula hoop to this. It has some great depth to it."

Sasha tapped on the edge of the laptop a moment. That was a song she'd have to work with a lot to create something out of, but it was doable at another time. "Okay, I'm going to play a song for you. I would like you to tell me if you like it first before we go on."

Pulling up a song in her queue, with no video, Sasha hit play and turned to Madison to watch her reaction. Dark Waltz by Hayley Westenra was a unique song she heard many years ago.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Chucking, “But I bet the kids still love putting on a Frozen themed show.” Once kids found something they loved, they seemed to overdo it sometimes.

“For me it’s about finding something I can practice alone, but something that will give me something to focus on. I hold little faith in mastering it, but I thought some basic moves might be a good destresser.” She was actually trying to get away from using suspension for that.

Grinning, “Now add fire to the hula hoop and it just all seems to flow as one.” It was a crowd pleaser.

There was a nod.

The song was, unique. She wasn’t sure what type of dance would go with it. Maybe some waltz, was that what it was called? Or something like that.

“It’s unique, cannot say I’ve heard it before. Though I’m going to show my lack of dance knowledge here, but what type of dance would pair with it? But I do enjoy the unique sounds, it’s beautiful.”

S
    Sasha

If the dancer was familiar with anything, it was solo dances. For so many years being partnerless, she had become quite the expert at it.

"Now, I will show you how to solo waltz. A lot of people begin their contemporary training like this. The tempo is slow and simple."

The Fairest began the music again, but faced Madison as much as possible, making eye contact to demonstrate how to fluidly move. "For any song, or dance, you must find the timing, or the count. Waltz's are in three-four time. So it's one, two, three, one, two, three." She moved in a wide triangle as she kept eye contact with the blond. The Dancer's feet were on the front balls, despite having no heels on. "You will naturally want to let your feet only touch with the balls of your feet, no heel. Your feet will know when to put your heel down." It was lucky that she was wearing an outfit that revealed her feet, which she normally did while having classes.

"Now, many have problems with what to do with hands, while their feet move. Waltz's are about grace." Her hands and arms were free flowing while she kept her steps in check. Then she began to fully move, waltz style and let her arms out and flow with her body.

Instructions

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

From her body language, Aurora was watching the dancer.

A head was nodded and mental notes taken as she spoke. Though she had to admit, she was a little intimidated watching how easily the other blonde moved.

Then it was her turn.

Could she do this without looking like she had two left feet?

Only one way to find out.

Ok. Timing.

She listens to the music, attempting to match her start when Sasha did. Her body began to move, her mind counting as instructed. One, two, three, one, two, three. While her triangle wasn’t as neat or fluid as the dancers was, it somewhat resembled one. Maybe a lopsided one, but she was obviously trying.

The Shaman did get the urge to stay on the balls of her feet, though it felt odd to her, she knew it went with the movement and music. Finding that when her body dipped, her feet knew to put the heel down. Like a natural thing. But her movement was not as fluid, there were a few missteps, but that was probably to be expected.

Now the arms. She found if she listened to how the music changed, her arms wanted to move differently. And while it wasn’t as graceful as the Dancers, she was clearly trying. Not as free flowing, perhaps a little stiff.

S
    Sasha

The Blonde had rhythm, whether or not she chose to admit it. Someone who did what she explained as a gig, certainly was capable of learning. The proof was right in front of her.

Her violet eyes watched as Madison moved in a very obtuse triangle. She would need work, but it was there. Her heels rose from the ground naturally as they were expected to do if one had any grace at all.

"Excellent." Moving to position herself in places that her student could see her always, the Dancer began to slowly waltz with her. "You are doing very well for a first timer. Fluidity will come in time, but you have the broad basic steps down."

She turned so that she would be a moving mirror to Madison. "How does it feel?" The song was on repeat, it would probably get frustrating in a while, but it was needed to continue and not get interrupted. Digital music was wonderful for that.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It felt different to be watched trying to dance. It made her a little more self conscious than if she was doing her routine.

Maybe because the dancing was new?

A smile then, she was doing very well?

“Well thanks. You make it look effortless and easy.”
    She compliments.

Blue eyes follow the dancer’s movement, her body trying to replicate what she saw.

And while she knew it would take lots of practice before she was anywhere near as good as Sasha, well, ok, probably never as good. But she thought she could get somewhat more fluid in her movements with enough time.

“Won’t lie, getting the arm movements will take a little practice. I’m not used to doing much with my arms. But the counting is a huge help.”
    She continues to move, still attempting to mirror what Sasha did.

While it wasn’t as perfect as hers, she felt each step getting a little easier. It wasn’t fluid, but there were hints of improvement.

S
    Sasha

"That's my job, Madison. To make students feel comfortable learning. I know I have encountered some instructors who seem to belittle new students, worse if they are not under the age of 18. I don't know where they left their patience, but it certainly was not within any studio." With how the Dancer spoke, those events didn't seem to take place at the Studio they stood in.

Nodding as the Blonde explained the difficulty with moving her arms. "Have you ever been swimming, or at least treading water without touching the bottom of the pool or lake?" She remembers someone explaining this once in another class.

Sasha was unsure if she should wait for an answer, but, she did stop moving her feet and stood at a decent space between herself and Madison. Gently, she moved and swayed her arms around her, there was an un-timed rhythm to the movements, no actual beat could be felt; but it was there.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It was oddly comforting to hear that she didn’t promote belitting. She’d seen it a few times in her years in Montreal.

“I have to say, that’s awesome to hear. I’ve seen it a few times while at school in Montreal, and it was heartbreaking. The students striving to please the teacher, just a little encouragement, only to have it crushed in a matter of seconds. Those students didn’t succeed in their studies. So I’m glad you make sure your students are comfortable.” She watched some promising people retreat into themselves and not put in the effort.

“Swimming? A few times.” She says with a smile.

Eyes watch as the dancer stops and demonstrates, so she copies.

Standing still, arms held out, attempting to duplicate the movements Sasha showed her.

The smile widens, “Hey, that’s a neat trick!” arms freely moving about.

“Can we add this to the dance?” an eagerness to her voice. She wanted to see if she could incorporate the movements into the dance now.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.