Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Studio One's Open Saturday Sessions

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

The Fairest was on a break with children’s performances, and during this time, she was recruited to hold open evening dance classes. Since she was one of the few who could teach anything, she was often working during these times.

She had arrived earlier to prepare a playlist with several different genres music for different dance styles. Often, she would refresh the list with the current music so people could relate to it more than old classics, or music that wasn’t popular anymore.

It was in a large open classroom that Sasha could be found. She wore her practice outfit which was basic black and contoured to her body, with the addition of a free flowing skirt. Currently she was already warmed up, but bouncing to the beat of a newer song on the radio. The open studio was moderate sized, surround sound music and a corner stereo base on the opposite side of the room.

picture

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Finally, after years of telling herself she would, Aurora was actually going to a dance studio. She wasn’t sure why, but for years she had been wanting to take dance lessons. Maybe it was just wanting something new to focus on.

So when she heard a local dance studio was holding open evening classes, she jumped on board.
    While she wasn’t sure she’d be good at it, she wanted to try. And maybe she’d surprise herself and be good at it!

She threw on some yoga pants, a pink sports bra and a white t shirt. Which was her usual workout and training attire. In a messenger bag she threw a change of clothes, some water and the shoes she used in her performances. They were super comfy!

Arriving, she walks in, she sees Sasha, bouncing to the music. The blonde was stunning, and seemed to have a natural grace in her movements.

Smiling, a hand was raised, as the messenger bag was placed on the floor.

“Hi, hope I’m not too early or something.” Says the Shaman.

S
    Sasha

The sound of someone entering a room of music usually changed the balance of the reverberation and echoing. The Dancer turned the ball of one foot and smiled. As she walked toward the blonde, she took stock of her attire, particularly her footwear. She'd been meaning to look into those, but hadn't had the time yet.

"Hello, please come in." Waving her in further.

"No, not too early. I usually give it about 10 minutes after until I begin. My name is Sasha."

Pointing her finger to the woman's feet. "Those are marvelous. I've considered them myself. They look a lot like lyrical shoes." If she wasn't familiar, the Fairest could easily pull out a pair from her bag.

Most people didn't just happen to have those laying around. The Onyx would be curious to know what the need was for at some point. For now, she maintained a professional curiosity.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The smile was returned and with a nod, she continues into the room.

“Hi Sasha, I’m Madison.”
    She greets with a warm smile. Wow! Were her eyes purple?! Holy shit! But were they real or contacts? While she was very curious, it was beyond rude to ask. Especially someone she didn’t know.

Though it was strangely comforting to know she could very easily change her eye color with a simple spell. But to have your eyes naturally that beautiful shade of purple, that was pretty damn amazing.

“Oh, well that’s good. My concept of time is a little off sometimes.” She says with humor. Though since becoming a Shaman, her time had been off.

Looking down, “Thanks! Not used to someone knowing what they are.” Not many payed attention to her feet. Nodding, “They’re similar, but give me more overall protection of my feet. Which is great for work because I work on many different surfaces and these have been a life saver!” rather it be dirt or a stage, the shoes were amazing. “So I totally recommend getting them. This is my second or third pair, I go through them quickly.”

S
    Sasha

The woman was smashing, it was odd to the Fairest why she hadn't seen her in other avenues around Sacramento, performing or otherwise. Madison seemed to have her stuff together, at least on the surface. That's what counted most to those who we didn't know.

"Pleased to meet you Madison." She smiled, but didn't shake hands. It wasn't really the Dancer's thing unless it was a formal affair.

"No worry at all. The session goes until late in the evening, if I have a lot of people."
    Which only happened on one occasion in the past.

Smirking gently, Sasha replied. "Well, I am a dancer, so I typically look at people's feet before anything." Most of the time, she didn't mention the shoes someone was wearing, or anything else. But, given the class tonight, it was an acceptable thing.

"What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?" Since Madison brought up work, she couldn't help but be curious.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “So I wasn’t too early then.” She says with an easy smile.

A pleasant surprised look, “Ah.” That would explain her outfit. “Well, I know they’re meant for dancers, but I love the snug fit and comfort of these.” Glancing down at the shoes.

“Are you teaching the class or are you here for fun?”
    seemed a legit question.

“Oh, I’m a performer. Mostly side show though I did a couple years traveling with the circus and various Ren Faires. And these shoes are amazing on wooden or dirt surfaces.” She adds with a grin.

“I don’t have much dance experience, aside from with a hula hoop, but I’ve always wanted to take classes. It’s such a beautiful art.”

S
    Sasha

The Fairest was surprised when Madison mentioned she was in the circus. "Not always solely meant for dancers. I've heard of some people using them in other professions." There could be numerous people who would benefit from them. Even window washers for better balance and grip.

"I teach classes here. Usually in January and February we have more open classes for adults. I teach almost anything. Although, I mostly work with children's groups." She was very proud of this, and it probably shown clearly on her face. If she held any of her accomplishments in any regard, it would be molding the little dancers into something spectacular.

"Oh, what did you do in the circus?" Now, the Dancer was fully intrigued. Perhaps it was something gymnast related, or even more exciting. "I was in the Cirque du Soleil for many years. I traveled with them through Europe and then in Vegas."

Hopefully an insight to her fellow blonde would give a stepping off point into how to teach her some moves.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “I can see how dancers would like them. The grip is amazing.” And it saved dirt and wood from tearing her feet up.

Smiling, “That must be very rewarding, to work with children’s groups. It feels like as I get older, the younger people lose interest in the performing arts. So glad to hear it’s still alive and well here.” And it was obvious that she enjoyed working with the children. It was all over her face.

“Though I must admit, my routine gets a mixed reaction from kids, mostly depending on their age and how their parents react.” It was an interesting thing.

“Do the kids get to put on a show at the end of their classes?” that was usually the most exciting part, showing off to friends and family what you had learned.

A pleasant surprise appeared on her face, “Wow! The Cirque?! That is quite impressive and I’m sorry to say that my time with the circus wasn’t nearly as fabulous or amazing.” If this woman was indeed with the Cirque for many years, it spoke volumes of her talent. “I come from a family of circus and Renaissance Faire performers. My specialty is contortion, though I do work with fire and swallow swords. Even got to attend a college up in Montreal for more professional training. Mostly balance, manipulation training and acrobatics. Both floor and aerial.” It’s true, you can totally get a degree from a circus college. She has one to prove it. For some reason, she felt the need withhold the more sideshow aspect of her show. “But I’m jealous! To get to perform with the Cirque and travel through Europe is, just, wow!” she couldn’t put into words how envious she was. That was more performers dreams, to work with the Cirque.

S
    Sasha

“I think that’s why I do this instead of performing myself anymore. To encourage children to want to dance, and to keep at it. And now, it’s much better to have more loose programs, instead of only ballet, or only tap dancing.” She smiled as she nodded in agreement with Madison.

“Yes, the kids do three large performances a year. The Nutcracker is done every three years, if done yearly, it has a tendency to become boring. They also have recitals, mini-performances. The older dancers have some input on what to perform, often choosing helping to choose the larger shows and then assisting the younger ones in their roles."

Sasha never realized that the Cirque was that big of a deal, now or even while she was doing it. It was a means of constant travel, and constant escape per say. She was so blasé about it; it hardly hit her when she'd say it. “Acrobatics. Such as tight rope walking or something similar?” Those were some of her favorites when she’d watch the Shrine Circus in the smaller towns as she traveled. It was such a curiosity to her. The Dancer had no fear of heights, but they didn’t call to her like dancing.

“So, what would you like to learn today? If you are that accomplished in movements like those, there are almost no limits to the style you can try out.”
    The Fairest could relate to contortion, she enjoyed it immensely, yet, it wasn’t exactly her favorite type of performance.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Sounded like she was a do gooder who honestly wanted to help kids. Not something you see much these days.

“That’s great.” And she meant it. “I either seem to get kids who are fascinated by what I do, or are terrified.” There was a shrug and a laugh.

“If the Nutcracker is done every three years, is there another winter or holiday themed show? And I totally can understand it becoming boring if done every year.”
    A smile.

“Never tried the tight rope, but I have done aerial silks and hoops at various events. But my main focus was always contortion and different side show type things.”
    She hadn’t done the aerial silks in quite a few years.

“Well, I think I have a little bit of rhythm, I usually dance with a hula hoop on fire in my act. But I’d like to branch out.” She couldn’t perform her whole life, her body would give out at some point.

“I’ve always admired ballet and the control they seem to have on their bodies. Or maybe something with a lot of movement and passion to it." she says, "But that's all that's coming to my mind. What do you recommend for someone new to dance?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.