(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The smiles and dry humor melt away, leaving a look of desire. Not the conventional desire the Daeva is probably used to seeing from men - or women, for that matter - but an intensity that hadn't been there before is made manifest.

"The chair? Already forgotten. I've been told you can officially grant me the privilege to call Sacramento my home." He pauses, as if savoring the taste of his next words. "And I have rather unique services to offer. Have you heard of the Mnemosyne?" Even the word feels like Vitae dancing over his tongue.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing the words behind her, knowing the confusion she left in her wake, she couldn't help but smile briefly to herself. Even if the smile was tinged with a more somber emotion than amusement.

Lawrence's voice drew her attention back to the task at hand though. Letting her private smile melt into a more generically pleasant one she noted his own shift of masks.

A single eyebrow raises, "Is that so? a small chuckle to herself as she glanced past him to those gathered still around the the center of the room.

Her eyes turn back to Lawrence, she can almost hear the man's excitement as he speaks. Deciding to allow the man the release he seemed eager to reach, she made a small motion with her hand for him to continue talking.

There were other matters to attend if he truly was seeking acknowledgment, but it seemed it would have to be pillow talk versus foreplay at this point.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The Duchess' little indication is all he needs to egg him on. If she had any idea what he was offering...

"There are memories in the Blood." he continues, pausing for emphasis. "Our bloodline has become, let's say, adept at reading them. And it only requires a single taste to access them." He leans forward a little, almost as if sharing a secret - though he doesn't lower his voice much. "I can even forge a bond similar to one felt by a Childe towards their Sire. You can imagine the implications?" He could prattle them all out for her, but she can certainly imagine for herself. It would certainly be more fun that way.

After another moment, eyes never straying from Twist, he adds "So my request is twofold. To be recognized and welcomed here, of course, and that you would consider allowing me to make this bond. I'm not asking for a decision now, just that you weigh the idea out." She's certainly the most obvious choice; the highest seat of power. A little nagging whisper, though, says it could be a waste of time.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist doesn't quite lean away as he leans forward, but neither does she reciprocate the movement.

As he finishes his petition, she is quiet for a moment, her dark eyes weighing the man before her and making no attempt to hide the fact.

Finally a smile flickers briefly, just a hint, barely staying long enough to get a read on what kind of smile it is she has offered.

"I prefer to not leave things ambiguous Mister Taft so in the interest of clarity... you wish acknowledgment as well as the gift of tasting my Blood. With that taste you will not only forge a bond between us but also have access to my memories?"

Now she does lean in, her voice coming soft, almost intimate, "Tell me Mister Taft, are you as fast when you wish to sleep with someone? Or do you at least buy them dinner first?" Pulling away, her sharp smile teasing but for the unreadable darkness of her eyes.

Straightening, she turns and walks a few paces to where the laws of the domain are laid out. Her voice when it comes again is back to its regular volume and tone, "Given this is your second evening here, I assume you have made yourself familiar with our rules? I believe most of them are fairly standard." She looks to him, the weighing look back again, as she finishes, "the traditions such as Progeny and Amaranth for example."

6. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Was that a smile she threw his way? Best not to read into it. He's still laying his cards on the table... which is a disadvantage. To say the least.

"Just so." he says, acknowledging her straightforwardness with a nod. Then a small tilt of his head and a wry smile. "But the intimacies of your past are still your own. What I would gain access to is knowledge. Things lost and forgotten by Kindred and Kine are remembered by the Blood."

What can only pass as Succubus banter brings a little chuckle from the bald man. "My lust lies in my work. I can barely remember the last time I sought out that kind of company." Though there had been more than one Daeva present in Court... and they do like to play their little games. The woman pulling away from him now is certainly desirable.

Standing somewhat rigidly now, as the Duchess approaches the written laws, Taft can only watch. Wait. The playfulness she displayed before is gone now. Taft gives her a slow nod as she looks back at him. As much as he'd enjoy some humor, here, he resists the urge.

"The Ghouls here were very helpful in pointing them out. I won't mince words here; I know the risks my proposal carries. But my aim is service rather than suicide. And while anyone can offer words to prove their loyalty... I can offer loyalty aboslute." Relaxing, a little, he adds "If you can only offer Acknowledgement, I will simply respect your decision." He punctuates this with an incline of his head.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist raises an eyebrow, surprised at how he thinks the clarification improves the suggested arrangement.

She smiles at him, "That is a shame indeed."

The smile fades from her face though, "Do you though Mister Taft? I am unsure that you do. As for loyalty and service, do not think that there are not other ways to obtain such. Ways that also would guarantee loyalty absolute." Her voice is simple, matter of fact.

"If you are willing to abide by the Laws of the Domain and those of Elysium, I will offer you the oath that will grant you acknowledgment. A verbal oath will suffice for the time being and should we find that your word is not in fact enough to bind you, there will be repercussions."

She tilts her head to look at him, "This is assuming that you already have followed the traditions and do not come to this Elysium with the stain of Amaranth already upon you?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The very first hints of disappointment cross his features. Then they flatten out again. "I can tell this line of conversation bores you, so I won't go into the hows and whys." Really? Him? Not understand the risks? A mental beat passes. "But of course. Whatever means present themselves."

One itch has been scratched, at least. The Shadow would have drawn a breath and sighed relief - in life. Then again.. she isn't making that easy for him either. "You assume correctly, your Grace. I have not met any other Shadows since my arrival, but one would not need the gift of Auspex to verify this. Of this, certainly, you have my word." Then somewhat stiffly formally, he adds "And I swear on my unlife that I will abide by these Laws."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist laughs, "My dear Mister Taft- you are speaking to one of the highest ranking members of not only the Daeva but the Invictus of Sacramento. You have offered yourself before me without any cause to call for such subservience as well as said that your drive has faded past memory." Leaning in close she lowers her voice, "Why wouldn't I be bored?"

Straightening, she smiles at him again. As he swears she listens, her smile fading into seriousness at the matter.

"Then be welcome to Sacramento," she intones with the formality such deserves.

Lawrence Taft is acknowledged.

11. Likes Travisc06489, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Thank you, your Grace. I will leave you to enjoy your evening, then." Boring or not, he'd made his foothold. Despite his disappointment, he finds himself wearing a thin-lipped smile. He inclines his head at Twist and rejoins the rest of the group.

Taft will return to the main thread. Thanks sooo much! Now I can hop into some Shard socials and such.

Closed Thread