DISPLAYED
(Blood Ties) Strange Procession

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The man and his daughter vampire remained close together.

"I never gave up, Liz. Never. Not when the police gave up looking. Not when your mother took a turn for the worse. I had to look after her, right. But when she passed I started looking again. Took me years. Decades. The club was gone. All the people were gone. Private Investigators... Bureaucrats... They all tried to stop me. Lost my job. But hey! With you and your mother gone it wasn't like I had a life."

"You found me..."

"Like a needle in a haystack..."

"We are everywhere daddy. Tobias... My Sire... The one who did this to me. He moved. We moved a lot in the Sanctified..."

"The cult, you mean."

"Yeah. All over the west coast. Tobias said..."

"Hush. No more..."

"Be so good not have a demon eating at my soul. I feel it always..."

"Hush, child."

"How did you destroy Tobias?"

"About five of us broke into his... er... nest. Not enough. He had thralls of some kind - animal and human, I guess. I feel shame, Liz... Better men than me died in there and I ran. But it was part of the Lord's work - on the way out I caught up with this Tobias of yours as he tried to flee. Cowardly creature let his own followers (or what they be) fight and die for him. I knew him and he knew me. I was lucky and the Lord showed me the path. I knew I had bought along that old flare gun - you know the one we used to take on camping trips? - and I fired it. He burned like a shooting star..."

"Good." The Kindred wept.

Behind them, the sword wielder rose, cradling his weapon. He looked to the first man.

The father nodded absently and raised a hand to touch his daughters cheek. He flinched at the cold, unyielding flesh of her face till she Blushed. She smiled back and a great sigh seemed to escape from her and not just the effect of her atrophied lungs pulsing once more, however tepidly.

"I love you, Elizabeth. Always will. Now go on, you go in peace."

His daughter, the Kindred knelt. Blood oozed from her eyes artfully.

The sword wielder gently moved into position...

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable felt for the girl. It was obvious that she didn't want this life. And she wouldn't stop the final death. The father needed it for closure. But now there was a new problem. Hunters. She didn't think the father would stop until all kindred or um... cult leaders were dead..

When she was alone again she would call Ale and alert her. The Reeve should know what was happening.

As the sword started to swing, Mable closed her eyes to the sight and held beast at bay. No need for her to risk any sort of frenzy.

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia grimaced. She backed away slowly from the man and his undead daughter. It was a story as old as the kindred themselves as far as she knew. At the very least she knew the source of the arson attacks that plagued the news over the last few nights.

The goth slipped behind one of the tombstones, her vision of what was coming blocked by the cold, weathered marble. She did not want to see this. Already her thoughts were turning to something else. Alessandra. The Sheriff was going to need to hear about this. A cold, unseen hand gripped the stone and she closed her eyes.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

And so it was all over.

Two thuds and a man's strangled sigh. How awful those sounds were when amplified by proximity, closed eyes, and certain knowledge.

After a pause that seemed to the two hiding Kindred obscene in length, the sword wielder spoke.

"I'd like to say that she is at peace now. Rest. I gotta say your daughter died a long time ago. Tonight you put her restless body down. It won't rise again. She is gone now, and you can rest easy." The sword wielder's voice faltered as he stared at the hollow eyed features of the other man.

"We laid her to rest. Tonight." And more quietly still. "You sum'bitch."

The swordsman took that in his stride and even bowed his head in contrition. "Fair enough." His voice and face (if anyone deigned to look) were impassive, professional. "You probably don't want to hear this right now, but we could use you. I think you've more than proven yourself. And this town could sure use some help... Your wife and daughter rest here, is all I'm saying... I wouldn't be supporting the cause if I didn't ask..." He took a step back, expecting the father to explode into rage or violence - he did neither.

"Leave me be. For now. Alright. I know you helped when some of those others wouldn't."

Unless stopped, the swordsman will be cleaning his blade and packing up his belongings. After a while the pair will return to their car. The body will, of course, slowly dissolve to ash.

If either of you wish to do anything, now is the time

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable slips away from the scene and makes her way towards the street. Her intention is to get the license plate number to give to Ale.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Please have Mable roll Intelligence + Composure to memorise the license plate Mable Wood Psychangel

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-26 10:03:25 Mable Wood rolls 6 to memorizing licence plate (10 Again) 3, 9, 2, 4, 10, 7, 7 2 successes

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia peered over the tombstone, the grisly task done. She winced a little at the sight of the dissolving body. Sounded like she wouldn't have lived long among us much longer anyway... Her mind told her, offering some sort of assurance about letting that happen.

She followed close by the men, trying her best to commit everything about them to memory the best she could. Clothes, weapons, anything that would make them stand out. Even their car. Anyone that devotes their lives to hunting kindred are usually loathed to part with vehicles when the job pays so little.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-26 19:08:46 Cynthia Weiss rolls 9 to Memorize (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 1, 3, 3, 8, 3, 6, 8, 4 2 successes

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

And so it is done.

Cynthia and Mable track the pair of hunters to their vehicle. They commit them to memory: the haggard and drawn father; the sword wielding hunter with his reprobate air, tangled hair, and weeks growth of stubble.

The hunters, unwitting and unknowing, head back into the city.

Yep. License Plate details noted. Description of the two hunters, noted. Hope you enjoyed this little scene.

13. Likes Psychangel liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread