Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

The rail yards. The impromptu pack's new stomping grounds. Close to a neglected looking rail car, an agitated looking man in plainclothes kicks a grey rock down the tracks. It skits and bangs once or twice on the metal rails before finding a new home in another pile of similar, grey rocks. Tristan's hands have found his pockets, and he doesn't seem inclined to remove them. Though whether from cold or dour mood, he probably couldn't say. Hell, he doesn't even do that a whole lot. His stepfather had always gotten on his case about it. Said that putting your hands in your pockets was a sign of laziness. Probably some relic of his brief stint in the Army. It brings a half-hearted smile to his face just thinking of giving the old man shit. Even if he isn't here to see it.
    Viola Jones would show up. He didn't have to call her to know that. And thank God. They seem to get on better with as little talking as possible. Hector is another story. He's probably just as likely to 'go wolf' and chase his own tail than show to something serious. The man doesn't even have a phone, to Tristan's knowledge. He can't blame him. Which leaves Kid . Tristan can't begin to try and predict what that sly character could be up to. Probably gaining someone's trust to get some kind of edge on them. He still can't place the guy's motives... just that he could be dangerous in his own right. Regardless, Kid would be a sight for sore eyes. Hopefully he's not sore about Tristan staring him down over the kill on their latest hunt.

Another rock goes sailing. Tristan is restless. Whatever their ragtag group passes for, it's hardly a pack. Not a proper one. They would need to do something about that.
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector draws near.

The Cahalith comes in the his man-skin, dressed in ragged and tatty clothes. Mismatched boots, one slightly larger than the other; a mangy coat that will not see out the winter; a new shirt - flashy, stained, and hawaiian; the belt holding up Hector's breeches is new at least, clashing oddly with his appearance. His beard has grown but his fevered eyes remain the same.

Tristan can smell him as soon as he spots him. Rancid sweat with an alcoholic stench. Concrete dust and loamy earth. Sickening after taste of burning plastic. How the hell does the Cahalith not notice?

"Throwing stones only annoys the spirits." Hector chides with a chuckle.

"Cold winds turns. The year is made new again... I have a new shoe. And I still smell our spoor in these parts, which is a plus, right? You still hale?"

Hector's fluid face turns to serious stone, his blazing eyes fixed on the Elodoth.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

4. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

If an outsider had come through smelling like that, Tristan might have chased him off. But Hector has as much right to be here as Tristan does; they'd both faced that hideous amalgamation and lived to tell about it.

The Elodoth grunts. "Could be right about that. Unless they're the noise-loving kind."

It takes Tristan a moment to process everything else Hector says. "As good of news as it can be."Hale. Really... who talks like that anymore? The look Hector gives him robs the statement of any humor, though. Not that Tristan would have laughed. "And I might be older, but I've still got some fight in me." If Tristan had been wearing another skin, he'd have shown some tooth. Pack mentality, right? He's been alone so dam long he's almost forgotten. Almost. If he'd shown a sign of weakness... hell.

"Been busy?" he asks, not at all casually. Tristan remembers the Glory brand on the other wolf's form.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector shrugs expressively. A giggle escapes his ragged lips.

"You could say that. Some... dogs... thought they could pinch my spot. We fought several times. Had to lay low while I recovered."

He shrugged again, leaving it vague if he had won or lost. Or who, exactly, the dogs were.

"Didn't leave me much time for pack business. Hope I didn't miss anything. Important."

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola stalks forward, hands shoved into jacket pockets. Dressed as she always is. Jeans, boots. Jacket, with a tank top underneath. All of it in varrying shades of black.

A stronger nose would tell she's fresh from the warm spray of cleansing water, covered now by the rust and junk-scent of their stomping grounds. Reacquainting herself as she made her rounds.

Seeing the half and near full, Viola grunts out a greeting. "Hey,"
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

"These 'dogs' give you any more trouble... let me know." It's entirely likely the situation is resolved. Still... if it wasn't a fair fight, Tristan would be ready to lend some teeth.

"Nothing to write home about." he says with a shrug. "Which is half the problem. We haven't been carrying on like we should. We're like... a handful of wolves squatting in the same space." Before he can say more, Tristan's weak sense of smell picks up just enough of Viola's own scent. What's left of it after she's showered and mucked around the rail yards.

"Hey. Glad you're here. We need to talk."
    The Elodoth doesn't sound glad. He crosses his arms and gives Viola half a moment to respond before diving in.

"I don't know how long you two have been here, but I'm getting anxious. We haven't formed a bond with a Totem, for one. And the four of us don't even have a name to call ourselves. Well, four if Kid bothers to show up again."
    Just a hint of worry creases his features as he searches out Viola's eyes. "You two close? Did he say anything?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector is still smiling when he nods to Viola. His eyes flicker with something approaching warmth before narrowing again as the Elodoth explains how precarious their situation remains.

"We have walked. Talked. But not recently."

Head bowed he considered their parlous state.

"So. We need to hunt a Totem. A purpose though? Reclaiming this place, yes? There were supposed to be Forsaken in this town. We are the last one's left to hold the torch, I guess. So we hunt a Locus and a Totem. Then find out about the spirits. And clean out any Shartha."

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

"Yeah." dryly, "I can just feel the love." hip cocks and arms cross.

A snort. "I have has less then a handful of talks with Kid. So. If you count that as close. Sure. He's my fuckin' twin." somewhere along those worlds her flat, dead eyes roll. "Think he just fucked off. Like you said. We're fuckin' squatters. Maybe he didn't wanna wait for the rest if us to get our tails in gear. His fuckin' loss yeah?" was that a joke? It might be a joke. Didn't sound like a joke.

Snort. "Is that what we're doin' today? Sure. I'm game."
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Tristan grunts. He doesn't know if he's more concerned or disappointed about the missing pack member. Who neither Hector or Viola had seen. Viola's attitude doesn't do much to soften the blow of the loss either. "If he really left for all that, I'd say it's our loss he's gone. I'd also say we need all the help we can get. But what do I know?" The Elodoth can only shake his head.

Hector, on the other hand, seems to be talking sense. Which has to be some kind of cosmic joke. Tristan nods more than once before the Cahalith finishes. "Seems like a good place to start. Already know of a Locus nearby, too. Just might be a bit dangerous." Memories of that mist-filled forest in the Shadow come to mind. Angry, violent spirits of murder wouldn't make good Totem spirits. Even if those footprints belonged to a powerful spirit, he wouldn't relish venturing into those woods to find it. The whole experience left a bad taste in his mouth. "But if we find another in a... less ominous place? That'd give me the warm fuzzies."

"Nobody said it has to be today. Just... soon." Still... a derisive snort and a snide comment leaning towards a 'yes' from Viola might as well be a gift-wrapped affirmative. "Any takers on leading the charge? If not, I'll step in."

Worst plot device ever, but a hook none the less. If either of you want to set up a thread for the Totem spirit, have your character take the lead on the search. Otherwise, I'll volunteer

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"What about here in the yards?"

Hector shifted his weight on his feet, cast an almost furtive glance about him.

"Remember the Magath? Surely must have been a Locus somewhere close by. Probably be just as bad as the one up in those woods but is sure as hell closer to our territory. Makes much more sense to check it out, too. Maybe if we can cleanse it of bad taint we could make better use of it."

His gaze was meant more for Tristan. "Makes sense to me."

A turn to the Rahu. "Unless you picked up something on your travels?"

I am a little taped out at present. Hector will happily let Viola or Tristan take the lead on this one.

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread