Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She peers at him over her mug as she took a sip, her mind replaying pieces of that particular trip back in time. “I’ve heard word that Arthur helped, or was the one, who built the clock.” Now if they could only make it work again. “Wish he was here to talk to about it.” Maybe Tuesday could find a way to reach out to him?

Snorting with a shake of her head, “I don’t want help from those who would put a price on it. Or from those who looked down upon us. They can keep it.” A sharp edge to her voice. “We’ve made it this far without them, and I think we can make it the rest of the way. While we might lack in the formalities we make up for with our bond and drive to beat the Seer’s. We are still Awakened fighting against the same enemy. So yeah, while it might be nice of them to offer, I’d turn them away.” It was principle now. “I just hope they don’t expect our help should the Seer’s show up on their doorstep. Because I will happily slam the door in their face.” She’d gladly be the one to tell them to take a hike. But then there was a frown, and a heavy sigh. “Does that make me a bad person?” she asked hesitantly. Part of her almost didn’t ask, knowing if his answer was yes it would make her feel pain she didn’t want to feel. “But there is still part of me that wouldn’t want to stoop to that level, to be pity.”

But new topic, and she focuses, pushing aside thoughts of being a horrible human.

He made many good points, “But like you said, there are still those few who despite the best training and mentor, manage to fall off the path. I mean, a mentor and your peers can only do so much. Those who are destined to do bad and think they are above our Laws will find a way. Or that could be just the way my mind works, always expecting the worst.” She’d been let down too many times in her life to not help but expect the worst. Her eyes become distant for a moment, seeming to remember something, before a slight shake of her head, “But that must be heartbreaking for a Mentor to see. Are there guidelines in place for how to deal with it? I know how the Ladder would deal with such thing, was just wondering if different Orders had different routes of action.” everyone seemed to have a different way of addressing that. “Though you guys must be doing something right, rouge mages aren’t an everyday thing.” She says with a hopeful smile.

She looks at him thoughtfully, almost studying him. “That’s a lot better than bait.” She says with a soft smile. “But still, I cannot imagine how difficult that must have been. And to be able to look back on it you do, in a philosophical sense, speaks volumes about you and your character.” Which to her were amazing, and she was beginning to see him in a different light as they talked. A light that she had begun to see for a while now and it was intensifying. What did it mean, and what should she do? If she was honest about it, it scared her. But she needed to focus on there here and now, not some feelings that she was afraid of.

A nod as she took another sip, “I don’t know, it would just seem like the thing that would make someone second guess where they stood. Personally, I would, but I’ve never been a fan of being or feeling like someones pawn.” His words made sense, reflecting how she was now viewing the different Orders. “But I actually get what you’re saying about the other Orders.”

She looks down again, absently turning her mug on the table, frowning, “Have you ever found yourself feeling lost in a world you used to know?” her eyes stayed focused on the mug, her distant and strained.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella blinked at the complement. He dipped his head, slightly, in recognition.

"There is being a knowing pawn. And being an unwitting pawn. There is a difference and more of a choice."

He spread his hands.

Chuckling. "Well, yes. I have definitely felt at a loss with the Fallen World. Look at me. I have created a position for myself as an art dealer. Lets be honest with ourselves - it is really so I can keep an eye out for Artefacts and other Awakened objects. What I earn from it as regular - or irregular - income is ultimately secondary. I am wealthy by the standards of this Fallen World but that wealth is to me no more a tool than a spanner. Its the contacts I can leverage from that wealth that is really important to me."

He let out a little sigh.

"We are Awakened. In many respects were like ghosts in this Fallen World. We stand apart, unable to connect with our fellow humans because they still Sleep. How can we talk to them? How can we share with them when they cannot see as we do. We only have our fellow Awakened and that... can be a very small world. That and our studies. We should not judge so much - we are all on the Path and the Path is narrow."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, can’t argue with that.” He was right, there was a difference. “And I suppose you’re right, I know if given the chance to put my own life on the line for my Path, or even those I care about, I would do it without questions.” But she didn’t she didn’t mention her Order. And maybe it was because right now she didn’t feel like she had one.

Her heads tilts slightly to the side, a questioning look in her eyes, “Knowing what I know now, that’s understandable. But do you enjoy it? The art, dealing it and being around it. Surely you get some pleasure or joy out of being around it all day. But if you don’t, and this is just me being curious, what else would you do?” she wanted to know more about him. He was so good at playing things close to the chest.

Wrapping her hands around the mug once more, “I’ve never understood wealth. Sure, it can buy you things, but not the important things. My family didn’t have much of anything when I was growing up, so I learned to value nonmaterial things.” She then realizes what she’s said, “But that’s not to say you don’t value other things, I, um was just trying to share.” A shake of her head, her face flustered, “See, this is why I suck at this whole talking and sharing thing.” Words sometimes failed her or she didn’t work them correctly. “Maybe I should see if the university offers classes.” She tries to joke with a lopsided smile.

“So there is a legitimate reason for me sucking at friendships and relationships?” she asks, again, with a slight smile, “That’s good to know.” A laugh. “But in all seriousness, I see what you’re saying. Being able to see the magic in life everyday is such an amazing gift to have. And you want to be able to share it with those around you. But I’m glad that after way too many years wasted on the road, I have people to share it with.” She was truly thankful for those around her. Some more than others. “Because it can be a lonely world to live in.”

“So, yeah.” For someone with such a confident presence, she was sure lacking it today. “The Mysterium. What do they look for in potential members? I know there are Orders that are very selective on who they allow in.” there was then a small smirk, “I still have a lot to think about and learn, but I want to have as much information as I can get. I don’t want to make the same mistake I did with the Ladder.” She then pauses, looking thoughtful, “Well, maybe mistake isn’t the right word. I don’t know. But I just wish I had taken the time to really learn not only about the Ladder, but who I was as well.” There was bitter chuckle, “Though maybe, in some way, it helped me find out about myself. Maybe.” nervous laugh, "Need to work on making my thoughts and what I say align."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

The chair creaked ominously as the Moros made himself comfortable, hands falling onto his lap. For a long moment, he stared at the Thyrsus.

"Can you keep secrets? No, wrong word. Can you keep lore? Can you hold onto that which is sacred and give it out only to those who are worthy?"

A pauses, laden with weight.

"Can you read the book of our ancient lore and heritage? Our lore is not just in books or grimoires, although it is certainly found there. You can find it in the shape of a rote or an Imago; you can find it in a breath of wind, or the sound of water cascading down a cliff; you can find it in an interaction between people or in some old that they value - or indeed, that which they have come not to value."

Another pause.

"Can you look beyond the surface? Can you dig for the hidden meaning? The Supernal is everywhere and no-where. It is in all things and it is beyond all things. If you join the Aeles Draconis, you will come to know this truth."

5. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Him getting comfortable and staring at made her unsure of what she asked. Was it the wrong question? Or was he just not sure how to answer?

Those questions and more ran through her head as she nervously tucked a nonexistent stray hair behind her ear. And she was sure how uncomfortable she was showed, so she tried to look at her mug and take a sip. Keeping hands and mind busy.

And then finally, he spoke. The relief written across her face.

Lore?

And then the questions came. One after another.

“Oh. Um, well. I’ll be honest, I’ve never been tasked with keeping lore. I’ve heard stories of it, and find it fascinating. But I’ve never pushed the topic, and figured if I was meant to know, they would tell me.” But she doesn’t think that was what he was asking. So she shifts in her chair, bringing one leg up under herself, “I cannot honestly answer because I don’t know who is worthy. How is one deemed worthy? Until I know that, I cannot give an honest answer.” Which was probably a dumb answer, and she feels her cheeks flush. “As to keeping lore? Once the parameters, I would not have any issue keeping lore safe.” And she felt it was true. She could hold a secret as close to the vest as she needed to.

“I’m not sure if I can read it or not. I’ve never tried. But I do know that since becoming a Thyrsus I feel a deeper connection with nature and the world around me.”

Light sigh, she wasn’t expecting the questions.

“I don’t know the right answer. But I can tell you this, I have this urge, desire, to hunt for things and to have a goal. Looking for and getting lore and artifacts seems like the perfect thing to show off my skills. Surely not every book and artifact is hidden where you expect it to be. Someone with the street smarts and an ability to blend in and smooth talk her way into pretty much any situation seems like a good fit.” Was she talking herself up? Yeah. But it was the truth, she had a way with people. “Not to mention that I can change my appearance to suit whatever I need.” Sure, she hadn’t tried it yet, but she knew she could.

“Plus, surely there are Spirits who know the location of artifacts, and I happen to enjoy talking with them.” It was what it was.

Her hands rotated the mug as she studied it, “I’m sure I just gave you all the wrong answers to what you asked. And I’m sorry. But I only tell you that right now, I feel a pull towards the Mysterium and the adventures and knowledge it could give me. The chance to help preserve important things and not let them be taken from us. And maybe I’m wrong, maybe the Mysterium isn’t for me or maybe they don’t want me. I don’t know.” Blue eyes look up, searching his, “But I also don’t want to rush this. I was seeking answers and some guidance, and you’ve been wonderful enough to listen and help.”

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nodded, a gentle smile spilling across his features.

"Good. Of course, we do not want to rush this. We have both experienced hasty decisions before - and I think we have learned from that. Take your time. Explore other options. Talk to Tuesday about the Guardians as well, if you get the chance. It's all a chance to learn and sometimes the best place is not the most obvious."

He spread his hands again.

"In any case, glad I could be of some help."

The Moros appeared to be ready to draw the conversation to a close. He threw an inquiring glance towards the Thyrsus, wondering if Aurora had anything further she wanted to discuss.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She nods, “Tuesday and I briefly talked about the Guardians, but not as in-depth as you and I have discussed the Mysterium.” But she knew she wasn’t a Guardian, and Tuesday seemed to know that as well. While she respected what they did, she didn’t feel it was who she wanted to be. “I’ll give her a call and have a sit down with her. And like you said, it’ll be a great chance to expand my knowledge and learn a bit.” What people didn’t really know about her was that she enjoyed learning new things.

Smiling, “A tremendous help, I really appreciated it.” Plus it was nice hearing and seeing him talk so passionately about something. And she hoped they’d have more conversations like it in the future.

For a brief moment, it looked like she might have something else to say. There was a tug of war in her mind. But this was one area where her confidence wavered and just keeping her mouth shut won out. Without a clear read, she didn’t want to look like an idiot and embarrass herself.

A small shake of her head, “Thanks again, guess I’ll see what Tuesday is up to.”

Great scene! Did we want to wrap?

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread