Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

This wasn’t good.

This wasn’t going to end well.

She was way out of her league, not as versed with Spirits as she should be.

“A test? No, we came here seeking information about what this building used to be. A memory, however faint, scratches at the back of my head that this place,”
    a gesture around them, “is not what it used to be. It has been changed, altered if you will. I only seek to understand why.” And again with Choirs, and serving a throne.

And actually, no, no one taught her anything. She was winging this whole Spirit thing and hoping for the best. Her ability with Spirits was weak at best.

“I’ve heard nothing of an accord, though I do not seek to damage or harm it. If our presence is hurting whatever the accord may be, I apologize and we will leave. We did not come here for trouble, only answers. If our kind helped you build the Choir, then please allow us to seek our answers, truths. I do not seek to disrupt you and your Choir, you have more important things to attend to.” Sure, sounded good? “We helped the Path be seen again, and only ask to be allowed a bit of time to look for our answers.” If they walked away from this she really needed to up her Spirit game.

And then Sand spoke. And her heart sank. Fuck!! How did they cross over?!

“I have fear that the barrier between my world and yours is weakening. And I don’t have to tell you the dangers that poses for everyone here. We don’t want that, the barrier needs to be kept strong, if it is weak, you will continue to be disrupted as you walk your path.”

Why hadn’t Tuesday and Sand backed away?

Lowering her head, she speaks softer, “But if you will not allow us to seek our answers, than I humbly apologize for disrupting your night, and we will stand aside and leave you be.” Her tone humble and showing respect to the Silent Metal Vortex.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The spirits behind Silent Metal Vortex chittered.

The spirit itself appeared confused. If by confused, one means that the entity moved forward a pace, delicately shuffling its shoe shod legs in an uncoordinated pattern. Thick drool plopped on the floor under its jaws. Then it spoke dismissively.

<<Such things do not concern us. Before we have heard this place was a house. Then a building of mind work which we served transporting the fleshy mind workers up and down. Then the building became what it is now and we were cast out. Then came the Place That Is Not and the Path. And the pact. If you do not know this then Miriam is failing. We shall note this when we next meet>>

At the end, Silent Metal Vortex hissed with obscene pleasure.

<<Seek all you want>> the spirit continued. <<We only hunt the rebel flesh that refuses to Bow Before The Throne...>>

The news of the Verge caused the spirit to stir.

<<This again. This will be bought before Miriam. She will want to know. This was not part of the accord.>>

The entity shivered in anticipation.

<<Now be on your way flesh thing. We must walk the path>>

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hypotheses and theories and assumptions spun.

Building of mind work with mind workers = AuroraFaye's Bismark?
    Transporting fleshy mind workers up and down = elevator? It would explain the appearance of the spirit (when one could stand to look at it)
    Became what it is now = when the history was changed?
    Place That Is Not = The room Aurora had found?

Questions and unknowns, new and already established still floated.
    Pact? Miriam?

Should they be voiced? So far the entity had only replied to Aurora and Tuesday.

Information did no good when hoarded.

"Whatever they did to the history of this place, I think the spirits weren't included. This Miriam - that's a very mundane name. Perhaps she is the one responsible? Trying to cover loose ends? Taking the displaced spirits and creating alliances with them to protect her work?"

The number of assumptions in the whispered theory was cringeworthy but so far time to refine had not been given in any way. The theory given, the advice of Aurora and demand of the Spirit was followed as a pace back was taken.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Our thanks." Tuesday says and think about bowing and wonder why she should Silent Metal Vortex isn't human, would a bow be appropriate?

Instead, she calms her whirling mind. "A s'nane. Or Alias I'm guessing." whispers to Sand as she sets out her thoughts.

But Tuesday was focusing on the larger implications. The Seers of the Throne have done fucked this place good and a Seer with the s'name Miriam, or was using Miriam as an alias was the one to broker a pact with the Spirit who dwelt here and their d-bag buddies.

Which meant...fuck. Just how many Seers were squatting on their doorstep?
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ok, so there was a little bit of info.

And another name.

Miriam. And if this Spirit spoke to this Miriam at their next meeting, then Miriam would have a leg up on them. Knowing who they were to an extent and that they were asking questions.

That didn’t sound good or ok with her. But there wasn’t much she could do.

Her main concern was getting her Cabal out of danger.

Had she made a misstep in approaching this Spirit without more understanding? Had she put her Cabal and the Circle in more danger?

Another nod of her head and she steps off to the side, freeing the path from where she had stood.

“Thank you.”

Her mind flooded with thousands of questions.

Eyes look to Sand, “It’s possible. Whoever she is, we need to look into. If anything, more to make sure she isn’t a danger to us.” Auroras quest to find answers about the Bismark needed to be put on the back burner.

As Tuesday spoke, “Perhaps, and I’m not even sure where to being to search for her. I suppose I could come back and see if I can find that friendlier spirit I first spoke with. Or perhaps the upstairs would be a more, friendly, reception. I just don’t know.” And that was hard for her to admit.

“But one thing I know, I’m not putting you guys in danger again.” Things could have gone differently, and it would have been on her.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Unless stopped, Silent Metal Vortex begins to move off down the passage. Behind it comes a writhing, shifting, lumbering, dancing cavalcade of spirits. The burning lamps fixed to the walls cough and flare brightly as the Choir passes.

The mages are left quite alone.

Alright to wrap here?

10. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday watches the Spirit leave, making sure it floated(?)walked(?)whatevered away before turning back to her cabal,

"We chose to be here." Tuesday reminds Aurora, "You didn't pull are arms."

There's a moment, the revalations had were percolating and needed to be talked over. Make sure everyone was on the sane page, "But yeah. We should head back. Regroup."

Im definitely good to wrap!
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

I'm also good to wrap and maybe do a scene discussion what happened? I know Tuesday is leaving, but Aurora doesn't know

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It does seem that we need to research more before attempting a second investigation." said softly as the parade passes and vanishes.

A smile as Tuesday voices the truth.

"What she said. And also... we haven't gotten hurt yet. And we did learn something."

Many somethings.

Miriam. Choirs. Spirits. So much new stuff to ponder and poke.

A nod, "Agreed. I'm good with ending my first foray into this realm on a 'survived' note."

Sounds good!

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The group retreats, following the passage by which they had come.

The engulfing darkness was a relief when they arbitrarily blundered into it. That meant they had found the verge and crossed back over. Silence filled the darkness; the workmen had obviously retreated, which was a good thing as the trio struggled through the soothing and impenetrable black until they found an exit.

It wasn't the door by which they had entered the labyrinthine sub basement but it was an exit to the streets above.

The air was sweet in the mouths. Sweeter still was how they slipped away in the night engulfed city streets.

Done.

15. Likes liked this post
Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
Closed Thread