Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Rebranding

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella nodded along. The Cabal seemed to forming up well.

"Locating resources is one thing. Cultivating allies is another. Well... perhaps we have allies covered, unless we wish to seek out allies from the shadows like our own." He paused, thinking suddenly.

"What about reaching out to the Golden Consilium? I know my own connections are... tense and guarded. I suspect Tuesday may find herself in a similar situation, given the power structures in that city. But the Ladder - or indeed the Apostate population, if there is any? That might be a different thing."

Fingers ran over his chin as he continued to think.

"But that is more of a long term concern and we have more immediate issues. Do we have a Hallow? A source of power. And yes, I say 'we' because I am starting to see us a group now. I have no idea what was left of the Veiled Threats or Foxes Den, so Tuesday can shed light on that. Also, what of the area around the theatre? Or the Circle of Creation for that matter. Lets park the Seer question for now. We need to know what is going on in our own backyard."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Nodding. "Point of a cabal. Or a good one that's friendly. And not just lumped together."

Tuesday nods. "Kay. I can stay Hearthmaster. S'all I've ever done. Aurora for Edgetender, Sand. Doorwarden and Campy? Farseeker? Wanna double up as Lorekeeper? Or you want me to double up?" Tuesady puts out. After everyone speaks. "And yep. Nope. Not set in stone. We can shuffle all we like. And we can help each other and lean on each other. Again. Pont o'cabal."

Hazels look up to the Moros. "Like what kind of shadows? 'Cause. Might have. Some sway there. Man in Black." Tuesday figured the few times she'd seen Campy in the exclusive club that his ticket was his art dealing contacts or his status in those circles. The unicorn wondered what he thought of how she got herself in.

Another snort. "Strained is a nice way to put it." said, leaving it at that. She didn't need to air out Guardian secrets or, their stance on the Wild West that manny thought Sacramento is.

"We have a hollow. It used to be a well nurtured thing but Dick didn't...he'd draw mana but not take the time to care for it. So we need help there. Most of the Theater's closed off. With just two of use its hard to maintain. Around the Theater, there's not much. Well nothing mystical. There's grey food places. And there's the baseball stadium over there." Tuesday points vaguely in the right direction. "The Cicrle. Well each order has there place but. It's all a mess yeah? I know I need to keep ontop of cleaning or it gets out of control. But the Circle's got wards. Keepin' it safe from sleeper eyes. But it's a pretty big beacon to our enemies."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes watch Sand over her glass as she takes out a notebook and takers notes.

This girl must have been amazing in school she thinks.

Shaking her head, “Nope, doesn’t have to be set in stone.” Plus she was pretty sure everyone would chip in if help was needed.

“I don’t really have any allies to offer, I never really looked into forming any. But I’m open and willing to see what I could get.” She was sure she could get some in her field at least.

She grimaces, “Have to be frank here, I’ve never really been involved in the Ladder to the point of having any pull. I’ve spent so much of my life moving around that it never was a possibility.” Plus with things changing, her even being a Ladder was up in the air. “But I can reach out, see what happens.” Couldn’t hurt.

When he asks about the Hallow, she keeps mum, letting Tuesday explain things. This had been her Hallow longer than hers. Well, not hers per say, but the unicorn had been here in the theater longer.

Woot! Edgetender! She nods, time to learn to Edgetend. Should be interesting.

Nod as Tuesday lays things out.

“So yeah, we def need help with the Hallow and maintaining it.” Cause just her and Tuesday doing it was a strain.

“How can we make the Circle and here safer? Like I said before, I’ve moved around for a long time, so I never had to worry about making a place safe. But I’m willing to learn and dump resources into it to make sure we stay safe.” Just tell her what to do. Though it sucked ass to admit her short comings, but this her Cabal and they were supposed to be a team. Might as know what she was lacking.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Light pencil lines on previous page are retraced into dark wordsnames. Still erasable if need be, but set for now.

Current page is returned to, added to.
    • Alliances

"I'm with Aurora- not so much on the alliance front." Though the reasons differed. Lack of experience was a thing and not just for job rejections.

Even she had picked up on the situation regarding their hallow and their former cabal-mate, but it was still dissapointing to hear how deep the damage was.

Another bullet point.
    • Theater* upkeep

"I can at least start helping that aspect now. Not much," admittance of shortcoming means knowing there is room to grow? "But as I get more settled I'll do more."

Pencil is spun, once twice thrice.

"Well- I would think it would depend on what we are trying to make it safer from mostly. Like... it isn't really feasible to be able to protect against everything..." a pause, a thought about how it was but that it required time, resources and all the stuff they didn't exactly have at the moment, and moving on...

"Do we want to beef up against ... zombies? A fence and some guns according to TV is all we need there. Trans-dimensional spiders? Some really big shoes for splatting. Time manipulating Seers? That one I don't have a good quip for, but you get the idea?"

"I think if we prioritize what we want to defend against, we can get tackling that."

"Or I suppose what type of defense we want. I.E. Massive walls that are visible but supes strong or go stealth and funnel into hiding as a defense."

A breath. Another.

Ok... one more comment, and then she was done.

"And yeah- I definitely am going to start doing some investigating of the immediate areas. Gotta know the places like the back of my hand if I'm gonna defend them."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nodded along as he listened, one hand lightly curled around his glass.

"Actually, now that I've listened to the arguments, I would say that you, Tuesday, would be the better Lorekeeper. You are the link between this new group and what went before. Veiled Threats. Foxes Den. Nidhogg's Bane. You are the common link in the chain. I suppose that leaves me with Farseeker."

He allowed himself a little smile.

"I can take a look at that Hallow. Sometime. When you show me."

He turned back to his meal.

"Any allies we can get would be a help. However, I was thinking of... supernatural allies. Its worth considering. I would say that given our parlous state, we need something that can act as a leveller. Spirits. Ghosts. Astral entities, even. I'm not suggesting that this is a priority, but it is something to consider."

He let his eyes slide across to Aurora first, given she was their resident Shaman. Then his eyes passed onto Tuesday, who would likely have the most objections given her Order affiliations.

"I completely agree, Sand. We can't protect against everything. But we can prioritise. I for one have faith that the Circle is protected against mundane interference. I've never seen any Sleeper bother us and the building is quite significant. Perhaps more wards or magical defences are the way to go. I'd wager that this theatre has more immediate problems."

He paused again to wet his lips.

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

A snort. "I suppose you have me there. I could double up Lorekeeper and something. Hearthmaster? Doorwarden?" a brow raises in Sand's general direction.

"Stealth. We got that Abandoned Theatre Look goin' for us. And the deed's in my name so. We're not gonna get Sleepers sniffin' around 'cause if that. And squatters...we haven't had trouble with them either." mostly because she'd spread the word that this was her place and she might dropped the names if bigger fish. All people she'd met that the Man in Black so she wasn't really lying but if she didn't Fate it might have already chopped her in the rump. But she did. So it didn't.

"Ah." when Campy explains. "I have nothing in that corner." more of Campy's words filter through.

Tuesday frowns but thoughtfully so. "Star once told me Sacramento was like the Wild West. Not quite lawless...but rough. We've all cast vulgars. But normally we're responsible with the backlash." hazels stray to Campy. Remembering rain and Zombies and paradox that she'd rewritten. "So....if we're responsible with these....guardians....I'm not going to be a finger waggin' stereotype. But. If there's any explosions. Fallout. Bad Stuff. I'll finger wag and pull the preverbal plug." so sayith the Unicorn in Black.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Any alliance I could get would more than likely be in the entertainment front. If that’s something we can use, then I’ll get on it.” Maybe she should anyways, couldn’t hurt to have some people to call.

The mention of spiders got an eyebrow raise, “Those spiders are a real thing. While I haven’t seen one, I’ve seen where they are and we’d need some heavy-duty flame throwers for those guys. Like, industrial strength. Not that I’m opposed to that, I still have some beef to settle with them, but it might draw some attention.” She offers a wink to Sand.

Another nod, “Good point. Focus on one front for now and expand from there.” Made sense.

And he made a good point about Tuesday being Lorekeeper. One she never saw, but it made perfect sense.

“I agree with you being Lorekeeper.” She said to the unicorn.

She catches his eyes and considers his idea. “Having Spirits as an allie could be a huge benefit. And while I haven’t taken to look into local Spirits, no reason I can’t. See what outs there and if there is anything, what they have to say. Had never really thought about that, good idea I think.” It could work, if the Spirit was willing that is.

Smirking to Tuesday, “I don’t see us being irresponsible with it, but I get what you’re saying. And if things explode, I’ll take the hit for it. Spirits are kind of part of my thing now, so I should shoulder that responsibility and I will.” Solemn nod. It would be a learning experience for sure.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eraser dust is created and brushed off the prior page with the casual experience of one used to undoing written mistakes. The same names are rewritten but in new spots.

Back to the next page. The back and forth of pages was noisy but it had made sense at the time to separate the two topics. Oh well. An asterisk is carefully noted next to the alliance bullet point.

"I'm still ok with tackling the Doorwarden position for now. You have experience with this Hallow, and so along the same lines as what Campanella said it is logical for you to maintain it. If in a bit of time, you feel comfortable with handing it over we can do a swap or share then."

A formal nod, "Understood."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nodded, face turning sombre at Tuesday's warning - which was a fair one given her affiliations.

"I suggest it only because we have few options. Any alliance with other entities would no doubt entail a high price. I understand." He gave the Guardian a respectful nod.

We're way over time and I think its a good place to wrap this scene up. For now

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Sand sets their roles in pencil, causing a quirk to her lips.

To The Moros Tuesday nods, understanding and then in respect. They were few, and they were at war. Allies were needed.

Sounds like a plan, and so Nidhogg's Bane is live!

End Scene.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, deltadream, Orianna liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread