Ended
Watch

Totem and Pack Stuff

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

0 Scenes

Lets do that stuff OOC. Or we'll be debating it in IC for... a long time

I was under the impression that Kid, Viola and Hector - possibly Tristan - were starting to see each other as Pack anyway. We just need to get Cayce's PrP squared away into Continuity and then we can move forward with that.

Unless anyone has a better option, lets go with a Territory centring on the Sacramento rail yards but keep it undefined so people can do what they want. This would have the added bonus of situating the Pack in the down town area, close to the action (Old Sacramento, the river, Downtown, and the new developments north of Downtown).
    First off this is just a place to go back and forth OOC about our Totem, and other Pack stuff that would take for-fricking-ever if we did it all IC as YYC pointed out.

Also my vote for territory is a big fat yep to the rail yards, we've killed a Magath for our rail yard, it's ours!

(Or at least we will have once Cayc's PrP is in Continuity )

As for our Totem....I don't know what I want it to be, I kinda want to hear what y'all are thinking for it -- I do have some xp to throw at our Totem to help makes it awesome. And a Pack name! We should totally have a cool one! Buuuut I don't know what would be an awesome name, what did the wolfies of the past do when they named their Packs?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Previous Pack names:

The Crusaders (largely Blood Talon pack, with norse flavours, that was deeply invested in going after the Pure).
    The Shadow Seekers
    The Sworn (one of the longer lived packs that claimed east Sacramento).

The important question is to think about what we want a Pack Totem to do. Apart from flavor and deliniating some RP through their bans, Pack Totems are bonuses for the group. I was originally thinking Essence but once we have a Pack up and running the Essence costs vanish and that should leave us all with a decent amount.

Personally I'd go for Attribute increases (very expensive) or Skill boosts myself.

3. Likes , Travisc06489 liked this post

I third the rail yard territory choice.

As far as function is concerned, I think we could get more out of Skills than Attributes (unless everyone but Tristan has a stockpile of XP to spend) - but if we can afford Attributes I'm for them. For a skill, Survival could be extremely beneficial as a Given dot, seeing as how it ties into so many Uratha dice pools. If we can work the 5 point cost that into the total I'd be sound as a pound.

On the subject of bans... A severity 2 Ban with a behavioral standard could be interesting, relatively easy to work with, and offer a nice chunk of Totem points. Under the same line of thought, a monthly service would be a neat way to work in some cool Glimpses in the style of the Harvest/Feeding Glimpses in other venues. Either way, a severity 2 is probably a good choice. I'm willing to put in the effort for a Severity 3 if you guys are leaning towards it, but that kind of Ban would require unified commitment from each member (and probably the player that controls them).

5. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Just wanted to chime in to say I'm all for the rail yard as territory. As for pack name and totem, I have some thoughts to add, but won't be able to work them through until this evening. In other words, more soon!

7. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Travisc06489 liked this post

0 Scenes

Skills sounds great, but yeah Attributes sounds better. I haven't spend any of my xp on Viola yet, because I've been saving it for our Totem

I have enough for 2 dots right now, and by next month I should have enough for 3.

As for our Totem's Ban...I'd love to get some RP out of it, Glimpses, or even something we'd have to focus on in normal scenes, but Werewolf isn't the venue I know the most about in all honesty. So I'll defer to you guys who obvious have more experience then me playing. I've only ever had one wolf before Viola, and that game crashed and burned.

As for Pack name stuff, would you guys wanna tie in to our Totem? Or a theme of what our Pack's focus will be?

9. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

If we finalize this after this month's XP is awarded, I will have enough for a 1 dot's worth.

What's everyone else's feelings on the severity of the Ban? Since this determines how many points we get and how hard it is for the Pack to adhere to... (also so we can put a definite number on the points we have to distribute). As before, I'm up for a severity 2 or 3. Which basically means I vote 2, but I'll change mine to 3 if there's interest. Saber Sloth is more or less neutral on the vote? So Yumyumcrow and unlimited sink 's opinions will nail it down.

I like the idea of tying in the Pack name with the totem. And the totem, coincidentally, will help shape the focus of the pack. So I feel like it will be a little of both. My brain tells me we need to iron out the other details first, so that the name will make sense. First finalizing the dots going in (through XP and Ban); then choosing how to allocate; then fleshing out our totem's nature, other stats, ect; then picking a Pack name that feels right based on what we come up with.

I'm leaning toward a severity two ban, though I could be talked into a three. Either way, I think that a service-based ban would provide for some very interesting and engaging RP/glimpses.

After this month, I should have enough XP for a dot in totem. And I agree that an attribute bonus would be best, but a skill bonus would prove more economical. I also like Travis's suggestion of the bonus being applied to the survival skill in the latter case.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Same here.

I'm leaning toward a Severity Two ban. Severity Three might start requiring too much effort and I'm tied up elsewhere, as a player, to do that.

Given the XP available I think skill bonuses would be the most effective way to go. I can probably offer up 2 Totem points at this time.

So with Merit points purchased (7 next month?) and a Severity 2 ban, we've got 13-17 totem points to distribute. A Given dot in an attribute, BTW, is 18. So yeah... they are expensive as hell.

Also, I frakkin misspoke: Severity 2 suggests a weekly requirement. But I'm pretty sure combining a monthly requirement with a behavioral modifier can give us the effect we need. For your convenience, the examples of the behaviors/restrictions for Severity 2 are: Always enter Urshul at least once in combat; No member of the Pack may have a Harmony score of less than 6; The Pack must always protect young females of any species. I'm guessing we have to run our Bans by West, considering WtF has no ST. But if we make a monthly service as a Glimpse + another static restriction we can probably max out our Severity 2 Ban's point bonus to 10. At 17? We could get 3 Given dots for Skills and even a Skill Specialty to boot! Das a whole lotta meat. But there are other options for the last floating two points. Or, you know, Saber Sloth can just contribute 1 dot, we max our Ban out to 10 and end up with 15. Three dots in Skills for all.

So I'm not trying to railroad anyone, but if we're all keen on getting three free dots in Skills - and two of us like Survival - what should the other two be? Also, since this is a group effort, anyone feel free to blurt out a thematic representation of out totem based on the skills. I love getting creative, and will gladly offer suggestions based on the consensus, but I won't steal the spotlight. This is that semi-awkward way of saying 'Throw ideas out there, unless you don't feel like it. Cuz I will if you won't'.

0 Scenes

So I'm gonna take the lead in Nameless Pack (super dupper scared/excited about that!) but first we should decide if this is the scene that we find out Totem and if its not just a wild goose case, just what Spirit we're seeking and wanting to put points into.

15. Likes Travisc06489, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread