Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(17AE) Sera, Mhairi, Sasha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Sasha

Shopping, it seemed like the heart of any woman could be rooted there. It didn't always have to be clothing, sometimes auto-parts were someone's desires too.

"Well, earlier Sera had asked about my dress." Her bare shoulder shrugging slightly. "Which lead to the question of where I bought it. I'd mentioned I sort of 'field test' fabrics before I buy anything online. So, generally shopping is involved." The Fairest chuckled softly.

"So, I was going take whomever desired, on a quest for fabrics they liked and that way they'd know what to look for buying online. Plus, some shops do very good with measuring so that helps a lot to have all of those before really diving into shopping."

"Even I have been fooled by sizes from the Orient." Shaking her head. Sasha may have been skinny, but, it still didn't account for overseas sizing.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Ahh..." Mhairi breathes nodding, "It is a lovely dress, and what fabric is it? It drapes nicely, and the colors....it's dyed expertly." Mhairi's fell-flames seem assessing as she eyes the dress the Onyx Sovereign chose.

"I would love to be on that quest. I need a few new bolts, I wanted to try a new idea out and I need something to test them out on." Mhairi says.

A serious nod, "You really need your measurements, I've been fooled to by overseas sizes. I bought this coat, and a some pants, they were amazingly designed but...they were to darn small. I donated the pants...if I tried to alter them, they wouldn't have the same effect, but the jacket, I managed to fiddle with it enough. It was just to tight in the shoulders, so I let it out some." Mhairi babbles, fell-flames finding Seraphina to see if the Nix had any tales to tell of her own online shopping mishaps.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Grinning as she sipped her drink, “Well, I think I won’t be the only one to say that you always seem to have the most beautiful dresses for our various events. So wanting to go shopping with you was only a natural response.” She says with a smile. No one could deny the Winters style.

“Though ‘field testing’ fabric is a new term for me.”
    She could probably put two and two together and figure it out, but best ask.

Ah, so sizes were different online. Which made sense, she’d heard of European sizing before. But wasn’t aware it was vastly different.

Chuckling softly, “Well, I have bought things online before, but nothing that really required measurements. The normal small medium and large, but nothing too in-depth. Clearly I’m missing out though.” A shoulder shrugs, “Though perhaps I’ll get lucky hear you’re stories and always order the right size?” she says joking. “But I’ve been very lucky with second hand shops for dresses and such. And most have someone, or know someone, who can take a dress in or let it out. Cause I cannot sew to save my life! Do not let me near a thread and needle!” giggle.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Sasha

"I think it's a rayon, silk and nylon material. The nylon and silk flow nicely while the rayon prevents bunching and static." Running her hand over her dress at the hip, then picking it up, so that the Autumn could feel the fabric at the end. "I generally keep a list of blends of fabric in my phone. I snap a picture of the inside tags while I'm out shopping."

"Yeah, I generally look at the sizing charts on from the seller and read reviews. But sometimes, I've gotten something entirely off." The Fairest smiled softly and shook a finger. "Don't be fooled that everything I do is effortless. Often things take time and research. I don't always go in a shop, or quickly google something and poof, the perfect thing is right there." She offered to Sara and Mhairi. It was hard to see someone of their Seeming not flawless. A little insight could never hurt.

"Although I do sound a little obsessive about the feel of fabric, don't I?" Sasha chuckled a little.

ooc

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Me too, but I should do the same thing...considering," Mhairi smiles looking at Sera. Who by far was really the only one in the Freehold who knew her dreams.

"Those pants I bought, I thought I figured out the sizes and bought myself an extra large, then when they showed up, it was more like they were a small or an extra small. So seriously be careful when you order anything from Asia, their sizing charts are so different then what I'm used to..." Mhairi sighs, she really had wanted to wear those pants, but at least she didn't chuck them when she realized there was no way she could save them for herself.

Mhairi shakes her head, she returns to the talk of fabrics. Sasha offers her hem for Mhairi to feel and the wisp does, oh'ing as she touched the fabric. "That's nice." She tells the women sincerely releasing her hold of the fabric.

Mhairi nods, another thing she should do. "It might be weird to others, but not to me. It's something I should be doing myself." she admits, "Though, I might want to see, or even get a copy of that list."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

She didn’t know anything about fabrics. Except mohair made her itch, it was gorgeous, but you had to wear something under it. Oh, and do not put it in a washer, nope, that was bad.

And she keeps a list of blends in her phone? This girl was serious about her fabric.

Fooled? Not necessarily that, but she did make things look effortless. Perhaps one of the perks of being a Fairest? Smirking, “Oh, I’m in no hurry to get something from overseas. I like to think I’ve been pretty lucky with the little gems I’ve found around town. But from what I’ve seen you wear, it might be time to give it a try. Of course being careful with sizing.” Guess it was a big issue to be careful with.

A musical laugh, “The feel of the fabric is very important. It should always feel like magic against your skin, and to whomever might be touching it as well.” A wink added.

Nodding, “I’ve always wondered why there can’t be, like, a universal sizing chart used by designers. You know, something that coverts their sizing to a size you're used to. Like those conversion charts for foregin money. It would seem it would be more appealing to those around the world and perhaps pull in more business. Or repeat business cause you know the size is going to fit.” Shrug. Made sense to her, but then again, she wasn’t a designer.

The list again. Maybe the Nix just didn’t get fashion enough to know why it seemed so important.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Sasha

Sasha didn't consider herself a fashionista by any means. The Fairest just liked clothes, costumes and outfits because of her career.

"You know, you would think after all this time Sera, that there couldn't be something universal. I know there are 'charts' that are supposed to calculate the differences. But, those even fail a lot. Even in Europe, the sizes are strange. When I was in England, I was shopping and when I told them my size at a store, they were confused so of course I was confused." At least she wasn't treated like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, that would have been utterly embarrassing.

"I'd gladly give you a copy of my list Mhairi, but in truth, for you or even Sera, it would just be something to build on. The two of you may like different fabrics than I do. I drew my preference out of the flowing fabrics from the dance costumes I've worn."

"Although some of those outfits were legitimately disdainful to wear; scratchy and irritating. Some even gave me a rash." She shuddered and shook her head.

"What is something the two of you look for immediately with outfits?" It could be style, fabric or colors. Preferences weren't solely for fabric.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

At Sera's wink Mhairi left herself flush as she laughed. Selfconsciously Mhairi thought back to the last time someone else felt the fabric if her clothes in that way.....it was depressingly long ago.

"Thanks," a smile as Sasha offeres the Wisps her list. "and it's not really just for me, I know what I like but I need a wider sample pool."

A sound of pure sympathy escapes Mhairi's throat at the tales of the horrible costumes. "With things like that people want something quick and cheap to make, since when your performing you sweat and a lot of designers don't want their nicest thing 'ruined' or something like that."

Mhairi Huns at the question. "Structure, I like to have good bones to work off of, Rich colors and fabrics....what about you two?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smirking with a shrug, “Maybe it’s more entertaining for them to have people return items all the time. I mean, seriously, it’s the only reason I can think of as to why there isn’t something in place.” A gentle shake of her head.

“Oh wow! I bet England was amazing! Well, aside from the size issues.”
    That had to get frustrating.

Then fabrics again. “Oh, not sure what I would do with a list to be honest. I mean, I just look for things that catch my eye and look amazing on. Never really considered fabric or anything, don’t have a lot of knowledge on them. Just usually go for things that are soft and flow right. Though I have learned that mohair is more comfortable with a light tank top underneath.” Oh did mohair itch!

“Yikes! A rash would definitely make me throw something out.”
    No way, no rash on her skin.
    Structure?

“Uh, color draws my attention the most. Then it’s all about how it fits and feels. I like bright colors that draw the eyes, and of course ones that compliment and make my own eyes stand out.”
    Not that they really needed the help, “And it has to fit right. When you have curves you need to show them and use them.” She wasn’t bashful, she liked her body and knew how to work it and dress it.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Sasha

"Definitely, Mhairi. While I was in Chicago, there was a wardrobe incident with costumes that came in late. There was no time to test them and the skirts came apart. Luckily we were in leotards, or that would have been horrendous."

She smiled with memories of London. "It really was, Sera. I hope to go back some day."

Listening to both of their lists of wants and intrigue she could see why they both were attentive to what they listed. "I completely understand about both of your choices. I think this shopping trip will be really fun. Of course, we could always just go play in the costuming department at the Studio and you could see what you like. Sometimes it's easier than looking through racks. Plus, they keep track of where things were ordered from too."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.