With the wonders of technology Mhairi has a copy of her initial challenge, and the note Brown sent in return, with her own note sent back, and copies out their text conversation.

Transparency at it's finest.

Copies are left for each one of the Freehold, and attached to them is another missive.

On the sixth of October I, Mhairi Ankaa Autumn Queen and Freehold Director challenged Alexander Brown to a Hedge Duel, to be held on the sixteenth of October. He didn't dictate terms, or sue for them. I in turn named my terms. To the death, or to yield which then the looser would be banished from the Freehold of Sacramento.

Alexander Brown, indeed attempted to get out of this duel by asking for one more pledge, sworn to any of the Hierarchy, which he also said that he it would be the last from him. My decision instead of waiting until Winter for this duel, for I would have called another one upon the completion of this second and final pledge was to not let this unsettled conflict linger.

Upon Alexander Brown's continued attempts to get out of our duel, I offered this ultimatum. Either he duel me, or he is banished and must leave Sacramento before sunset on this day.

As I have not received a formal acceptance of my challenge, I'm assuming he who calls himself King of Summer is to craven to fight me, and has fled.

Because of this and my clearly stated words, Alexander Brown is henceforth Banished from Sacramento.

If he is seen within Sacramento after sundown, or any other day after this one let it be known he is the target of the Ashen Hunt, and participation is mandatory.

Mhairi Ankaa,
Dread Queen, Freehold Director