Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Response To The Challenge

THREADID
    A
    Alexander Brown

Unbelievable Alexander thinks to himself as he's read the Director's note once more. His response is handwritten on a piece of fine paper

"Dear Director,

I don't suppose you care to explain your position further? Call me if you do (you know the number). If you don't, please respond with the terms of this duel you so desire.

P.S. In plain English this time

Best regards
    Alexander Brown, King of Summer"

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi smirks at his swift reply, but declines to phone the man. If she did she'd end up yelling and she didn't feel like doing that, espessilly with the way his post script had her grinding her teeth.

What an insufferable ass

Alexander Brown, who calls himself King and Sun's Tongue both.

My position is clear if you cared to read my words or see passed yourself in our interactions.

But because of your small mind, I'll explain. You've sworn that you're not a Traitor to the Lost, but you've left yourself open to becoming one with the ending of your Pledge. I will not allow that possibly to exist within my Freehold.

Since you've declined to to decide upon terms, and have asked me for them. Death or Banishment.

Mhairi Ankaa,
    Autumnal Queen and Freehold Director.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

3. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

He doesn't feel like handwriting anything anymore. So he sends Mhairi Ankaa a text instead

Here's the deal. I swear a similar Pledge for another Season to the Groundskeeper or Notary. No duel. And this will be the last one.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The next isn't as much of a surprise as Brown probably thinks it is. Mhairi's just surprised he didn't decide to call her anyway.

Watch your words.
    she taps out quick. Using things like that in a friking text message. And he thought he was smart.

You don't get to make deals.
    comes a few seconds after the first one.

We fight, upon my terms. Or you leave. Those you're options.
    she wonders if now he'll call to yell at her next.

6. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

What difference does it make to you? The Pledge is binding nonetheless. If it must be you who I'm swearing it to, fine. Plus, if my luck holds I'll have something to show you soon.

Something that will prove that I'm on your side

Call him naive, but Alex still believes in reconciling with the Autumn Queen. Maybe not today or in a year. But eventually.

Besides, didn't you say something about starting to trust me?

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

She wanted to throttle him
    Watch your fucking words
    comes out as soon as she sees 'pledge' again.

Its not that you wanted to say the words to Sasha or Ingrid and not me.
    and it really wasn't
    You don't have that option anymore.

Mhairi smiles at the screen and wonders if this proof will be real, or fabricated. She knows the darkling could probably pull something like that off.

With how hard you wriggle out of lifelong commitments, and that you're trying to wiggle out of this now. I don't think I'm ever going to trust you.
    Not wanting to Pledge, and only turning to them when he didn't want to Hedge Duel....it made her skin crawl. Mhairi truly doubted that she'll ever come to trust Brown.

If you're not going to agree to the fight, then pack you bags and leave before sundown

9. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

A real Loyalist. Or his corpse, depending on how events unravel. And his gang. Will be all over the papers and police reports - I'll bring you the originals if you want.

If that's not good enough for you, then the only question that remains is: you planning on any audience?

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

She doubted his intelligence before, now she knew he didn't have any.

This is the third time one conversation I am going to tell to you to watch your fucking words
    that in itself was cause for her to do something to make the darkling learn this lesson.

I'm sure you've dealt with this all on your lonesome?
    this arrogant idiot probably thought that an affirmative would get him brownie points.

It is not. I've already said I didn't like you wiggling out of things. This is you trying to wiggle. You're not getting away with it this time. We'll fight, and yes, anyone who wants to watch can. This isn't going to be a some scheme in the dark, but a proper duel

12. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.