Ended
Watch

A Walk in the Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    C
    Cadence Behr

Cadence deflated a bit when the Haunt slid away from her. It seems her childish crush was as off-putting as she imagined it would be. Especially among the damned, the Anarchist had never really become accustomed to the seriousness with which most unlives are lead. The brevity she clung to was a living luxury ... A lesson she hadn't yet learned.

Her shoulders slumping slightly, she began to walk alongside Cynthia, keeping a respectful distance. "Yeah, that's my bad. I'm a little high strung tonight, I guess. Moving is always stressful." The park was relatively quiet, only the occasional passerby or faint "Got any change?" to interrupt their wandering. Cadence wasn't sure if Cynthia had any direction in mind, but she was happy just to have company.

"So where'd you call home before Sacramento?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yeah I know that feeling." The Artist said as she kept pace with the Anarchist. The faint sound of wind in the air was blotted out by Cynthia's boots. "You come to a city and you worry if your extended family is gonna give you the boot or greet you with open arms." The flat way she ended it left the question of which was worse unanswered. There was little rhyme or reason as to where the Haunt was going in the park. Only deciding factor was if it had a path and which way had the least vagrants to tempt her. "And then there's everyone else you need to meet, worry someones gonna beat the crap out of you because you said hi to them. Exhausting really."

The question of her past elicited a shrug from Cynthia. "San Francisco. Not far from Sacramento really. Personally I wouldn't exactly call it home but it wasn't the worst place I stayed. Hell I was there for quite a while." The haunt switched sides with the succubus. The breeze was blowing another direction and she did not want Cadence to get the brunt of her curse. "But I felt like I needed to move on again. What about you? Where did you come from?"

C
    Cadence Behr

As they walked, the Daeva mostly listened and occasionally gave a nod or word of acknowledgement to show she was still listening. This is the most Cynthia had talked to her, and Cadence didn't want to interrupt the Haunt seemingly finally warming up to her a little bit. And besides, she was calming down, becoming more introspective as she relaxed. And so it wasn't until she was asked a question that the Anarchist spoke up.

Unfortunately, it was a painful question. But the circumstances of her departure from Fresno was weighing heavily on her, and she felt as though maybe Cynthia could be confided in, just a little bit. She had no connections to the court or another covenant, so it seemed unlikely that word would get around.

"I'm from Fresno. Not originally, but that's where I spent most of my life before coming here. The city was not kind to me. I was hoping that Sacramento would prove ... quieter, maybe. Less tumultuous. More opportunities to find allies and establish myself ... to, well, to find friends. Fresno had too many strings attached. I guess you could say I needed a new start."
    She smiles at the Nomad, but there is a sadness in it. Her words are sincere, and while she isn't divulging all her secrets, she is being ever so slightly vulnerable. It was uncharacteristically imprudent of her, but her feelings were overriding her good sense. She wanted to trust Cynthia. Moving to be downwind didn't go unnoticed, and that kind of small, thoughtful act was surprising to the Carthian. Oh, goddess, I hope you never realize how bad you got me ...

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

There was a hint of sympathy in her eyes as nodded. "That's something I understand well. Kinda why I left New York." Cynthia said, her face looking a bit disgusted for a moment. A few fleeting memories of her first nights came to the surface again. She pushed them away once more. "Terrible place by the way. Wouldn't recommend it." She waved her hand as they turned down another path.

"Hopefully things will be different. Well...When that brood problem has been cleared out." She said with a shrug. She got the impression most had nearly been cleared out with the exception of their leader. "This place's more open to outsiders so I think we'll find something." A hint of optimism from the goth. One got the feeling that was something she did not normally do. She forced a sigh out though. "Suspect we won't escape strings though."

C
    Cadence Behr

"I was very fond of New York once, I had some connections there. Been a long time, though, another lifetime ago." Cadence trusted Cynthia would know what she meant by that. The Anarchist didn't specify that the connection was her brother, still living and breathing in NYC to this day. The thought of him made her wistful, for a moment getting lost in nostalgia, wondering how he was doing, how his wife was, whether they had had that child they always wanted.

The mention of the Brood made Cadence perk up. "I've, uh, I've been asked to assist with that particular issue. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid ..." The Daeva was hoping that Cynthia would pick up on what she was referring to, if the Haunt was even involved with fighting the Brood's leader. Cadence wanted to talk about it, wanted to have someone to commiserate with, but she knew better than to just blurt out what the plan was or what info Seneschal Hart had given her. It wasn't wise to speak about such serious matters out of turn.

"There's always strings in our world, eh? But this seems like a young domain. Not too much old money to be pulling us this way and that, is there? Seems like a good place to find peace and quiet, if we look out for each other."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"New York is more of a place for the Living." Cynthia said, eyes downcast on the paved path. She hated that place. She hated it more for how it made her miss it in some ways.

She eyed the woman then nodded. "I was asked to Volunteer. Not much of a fighter myself so I'm not sure what they are plotting on that front." She had guessed they were going for a final strike against them. Stealth and scouting did not have much of a place in a fight with a few exceptions. Was fire going to be involved? The thought alone made the Beasts teeth grind and gnash within. The artists eyes came back into focus as she realised she looked like she was drifting off into thought again. "..Yeah. I can understand. You did just get here and already you're offering to rush the Brood. Its a lot."

The path came to a stop. It seemed they had crossed most of the park already despite the winding path they took. A small frown appeared. "I dunno. Place seems to be a lot older, just seems to change enough it feels new." Cynthia's gaze was fixated on the cities skyline as she spoke. "Think it covers up some of the crazy that's happening. At least theres not a lot of money in play yet" She turned back to Cadence with a slight smile. "Don't see anything wrong with keeping an eye out on each other. You don't seem too bad." Early craziness aside. She added mentally.

C
    Cadence Behr

Even the slight smile the Haunt gave her was enough to dispell the dark fear of the Brood looming over her, and Cadence turned to Cynthia with her own smile. This time, however, she did her best to keep it subdued. She had made a fool of herself quite enough tonight. So it was with a slight grin and a nod that the Anarchist said, "I'm glad. Thank you for coming out tonight, it has been a welcome distraction to the otherwise stressful nights spend settling in."

They had turned back where the path ended and found themselves near another exit. Stopping in front of it, Cadence looked to the Haunt with a warm, friendly smile. "I think it's about time to head home for the evening."

If Cyntha agrees, Cadence steps out of the park and turns down the opposite road, waving to Cynthia and making her way back into the night.

Feels good to end it here.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Eh. At least the powers that be don't have us jumping through hoops of fire. That's the last thing we need" Cynthia added with a smirk.

"Same here. Feel like I should get something to eat." The homeless hiding in the park were giving her ideas... "You need anything or just want to talk again, you have my number." The artist made a mental note to be aware of surprise phone calls in the future.

The haunt gave Cadence a small wave when she looked back. If she looked a second time, it would seem Cynthia had completely vanished from sight.

Feels like it. Good scene.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.