Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(17AE) Quick and Alex

A
    Alexander Brown

Quick's willingness to catch up right now takes Alex by surprise. Sure, his electric nature probably was a factor, but this time the Elemental appeared... skittish. Off. Which is why the Mirrorskin doesn't object to being led away. The curiosity is too strong.

He barely manages to grab a drink for himself before they stop some distance away from the gathering. The Mirrorskin decides to open the discussion with the sharpest tool he possesses: a smile.

"Glad to be your escape route" Most people'd season that kind of statement with bitterness. The Darkling doesn't seem to mind, though, in fact there's genuine friendliness in his voice "Was there something that creeped you out? God knows it's easy here..." Of course, he doesn't know. He can't know.

But if the Elemental can be made to believe otherwise...

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

God, that had been careless. If Alex can tell something's up, he probably should try harder to keep cool. That's a Winter thing after all, right? Not wearing his emotions on his sleeve?

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-10-04 15:42:53 Quick rolls 5 to Composure+Subterfuge to Just getting some air (10 Again) 2, 7, 2, 7, 10, 3 1 success

He'd still need to bring something up, though. Give Alex some reason why he'd wanted to talk.

"Just needed some air."
    he says with a smile. "So... I know you're not 'Groundskeeper' anymore, but you did kinda 'bring me in'. What do you think?" He bites his lip a little bit. "Not about the Mien. You've seen that before. About me? Would you say I'm fitting in?"

00C

Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

A
    Alexander Brown

"You really couldn't come up with a better lie?" The Elemental seemed quick-witted enough, and given the 'career' he's admitted earlier Alex expected more. He makes that face mothers use when they say 'I'm not mad, just disappointed' "You have a right to your secrets if you don't want to tell. But be honest about it" How much honesty Alex's actually earned is probably up for some debate, though.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-10-05 17:34:23 Alexander Brown rolls 3 to Oh really? (Wits 2 - 1 Empathy Untrained - Rigid Mask 2 + WP) (10 Again) 4, 10, 9, 9 3 successes

"Oh yeah, rub that in my face some more" He says, chuckling, when Quick mentions the position he's lost. It's an honest chuckle, one you'd expect from someone who has moved on to other pursuits rather than constantly scheme about things he can't have "But to answer your question: yes, I think you're now part of the Freehold rather than just someone who happens to live here. People seem to like you, you've probably been making friends when I wasn't looking. And you've found a Court for yourself. Which means you must've impressed Sasha. Not an easy thing to do, surely"

He looks thoughtful, but even the Darkling himself couldn't tell you what was it that got him this way "Winter" He mutters mostly to himself "An interesting choice. Wonder what led to it..."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Alright, you got me." he says, shaking his head. "Left in a hurry. But I don't.... shouldn't talk about it. Trying to be a good Winter." Something to the tune of Hide Your Love and Hate. Sure, he's around friends. But it's good practice.

At least Alex is in good spirits about the whole 'being fired' thing. "Impressed? I dunno. Winter Court seemed a little lonely. She might have just taken the first person to ask." He frowns shortly after the words leave his mouth. Sasha deserves better. Even if Quick doesn't even take himself all that seriously, he's sure she would have turned him away if she knew he wouldn't fit.

"Really want to know?" he asks, a coy smile crossing his features. "Impulse."

Quick gives that a moment to sink in before laughing lightly. "Not really. Not... entirely anyway. Just didn't really connect with the other Seasons. Sasha has a way with words." Which is probably an understatement. He couldn't see himself in any Court when he'd first arrived. She'd given him reason to commit. Or try to. He blinks a few times.

"Know what's funny? I loved Summer the most. Growing up. But me? Wrath?" Another short laugh. "It would never work out."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

But here he is, carrying on about what isn't likely to change. Quick shakes his head. "I'm gonna get back to it."

Quick rejoins the main thread.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.