Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1710) Sanctuary 11

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

The Circle is a large, imposing building of Gothic Architecture. It is an almost perfect replica of Westminster, but no one ever notices. Sleeper eyes slide over the ruins of what used to be, and only Awakened eyes can pierce the subtle occultation.

Tapestry of History woven upon stone walls, flickering memories of else-when flutter on the periphery of Acanthus eyes. Time stretches out and out and out-! The Circle will stand, a bastion and a beacon hidden from Sleeper sight. A hidden place to cradle the Awakened of Sacramento. A place that has stood, despite the very Tapestry's unraveling and attempts of their enemies to weave if back together -- in their image.

Faye remembers a time when she went to a hotel instead of the Circle, going there has revealed the extent of Time's changes...because according to building and it's occupants, both physical and not. The Bismark has never once, been a place to welcome the Awakened.

It is here, and now that those who've investigated the building that wasn't a hotel will discuss what they've discovered...maybe the other Magi of Sacramento will happen upon them. Mayhaps it's time to include those new faces, for they might have fresh ideas. Those unburdaned by memory.

Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

O
    Oculus

Oculus hadn't slept all night.

He may not have uncovered all that he was hoping for - in fact, the clues he's found are few and far between - but it makes the excitement that much greater. Ideas and possible scenarios buzz in his brain like bees, waiting to be freed and migle with the other hives - no doubt stored in Faye's and Tuesday's minds.

When he pushes the heavy Circle's door open the building appears empty, save for the Unicorn. Overjoyed at the possibility of discussing their findings, the mystagogue fast approaches.

"Hey!"
    He smiles at the woman "Missed you the other day at Bismark. You and Faye had any luck?"

Well, of course they had Luck. He's talking to an Enchanter, after all.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella arrives early. How could he not? He had driven the group out to the Bismark building; then later, he had collected them from the surrounding streets. The energised silence had drawn him in. Certainly, things had not gone as anticipated; but they had come away with something else. It had taken all of his self control to not ask the question then.

So here he was once more, dressed in his now familiar suit and coat. His footfalls were loud, echoing off the stone floors and walls. Tuesday and Oculus were here before him, he noted as he moved into the interior. How small they all looked: a ghostly echo of a much larger Consilium.

Something had changed in their attitude, however. The itch to know why started up, just as it had in the car. Once more the Moros bit his lips. He chose not to speak as he approached. Instead he nodded to his fellow mages as he claimed a pew, folding his coat neatly beside him to calm fidgety fingers.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye wasn’t sure how she felt after their trip to the Bismark. While on one hand it left her feeling empty and that her memories had all been based off lies, she also felt excited. There was something there. In the basement. And it needed to be explored. That was exciting.

But the emptiness was still there. The knowledge that she had memories that were false not sitting well with her. But who knows? Maybe the basement held answers. It was that small glimmer of hope that she clutched to.

Walking into the Circle, she was dressed for fall. Or what she considered fall clothes. A short wrap around leather skirt with a green jacket. Black booties click on the floor as she walks in, sun glasses taken off and placed in her purse.

It was time to talk this out and make a plan. Plus she had some questions about the Gauntlet, and hoped one of the others knew a bit about it.

Blue eyes settle on the others, a hand held up,

“Hey you guys.”
    She greets as she got closer, her tone not carrying the usual carefree tone it usually had. “We have a lot to talk about. Well, at least I do, and I need some help figuring a few things out.” The Shaman cutting right to the chase, not beating around any bushes. She wasn't usually this direct, usually allowing someone else to take charge.

A hand slips into her purse to pull out the piece of paper. The other hand absently plays with the edges of it as eyes look to those around her.

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Steps. Tuesday count's 'em until they stop before she raises herself off the stone floor.

"Well....we all had some Luck. I'm awesome and me, and I Lucked y'all before we left the car." Tuesday points out helpfully with a grin. "But yeah. Wanna wait for - " more steps. This time she turns and sees a wild Campy appear!

"Him and Faye." Tuesday taps her Walmart cheep boots on the floor in a faux-impatient manner for the once-acanthus to appear magically as Campy had. "Hi." she waves at the Moros in the midterm. Then offers another wave at the blond when she's totally magically appeared completely magically. And not just mundanely by the way of the door.

"Well. I think we all have stuff to talk about. Since. All of us did a thing. Or a bunch of things. But. Yeah. I got us an in. For Later. We're like gonna pose as a paranormal ghost hunter group. I think. And Dick. You were totally made. Guard I was talkin' said something about a guy with your looks appearing around when the lights went flickery with no ID. So. You're prolly need a disguise. Or hair dye. Or Faye? Can you Life disguise him?" Would probably work better then a shave and hair dye. Since. She watched Fisher go from Fisher to a basic white bitch. 1912 style.

"But yeah. Guard's gonna let us and some gear. 'Cause. I said we'd have some...anyway. He's gonna let us in to poke around the basement since. Wonky shit's goin' down. Randomly flickering lights? Yeah. 'Parently that's happened before. Or something else from a cliche horror this or that."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The sound of voices could be heard and they were not from the podcast currently playing in her ear. Pause was pushed, earbuds removed and she pushed open the door to wind her way toward where others already gathered.

"Whole party here- did I miss a memo?"

Earbud cords are wound in a pointless gesture of futility and tucked into her backpack. She herself was dressed for nothing in particular. Chucks, jean shorts and a tank top that had once been a t-shirt.

O
    Oculus

More people appear and each receives a welcoming nod. Oculus is not trying to be rude, he just can't help it - lost in the world of May Be. The fact that the whole Consilium is here and so the examination of their escapade can appears only as a footnote.

Campanella remains silent for now, so Faye is the first to be directly addressed by the Thyrsus mystagogue: "Figuring things out? Like what?" Sure, he doesn't have a handy library and is not a scholar per se but he wasn't skipping magical theory classes either.

"Was I?" 'Made' he means, as Tuesday becomes the center of his focus "Maybe, but I got us a meeting with the guy you've probably talked to. I'm hoping he'll loosen up a little, he seemed to have quite a lot on his mind. Well, technically he only expects me to show up, but I'm sure there are ways for you to be there" He takes a moment before continuing "And Tuesday, not that I'm belittling your achievement of bluffing your way down there, but the bluff will have to be flawless. I'm hearing the people got really wary of protocol after someone beat us to the basement".

K
    Khysmet

Khysmet looks at his phone and looks up at the large building in front of him. The eyes of the Sleepers seem to slide from one side to the other as though not really seeing the cathedral in front of them. 'Well, its the right address.'

He opens the door and steps inside, seeing the other mages and recognizing Tuesday. Wearing a pair of slacks and a black t-shirt, he has a book tucked under his left arm. As he walks inside he does his best not to interrupt the other's discussion until he approaches the group.

"Umm...sorry to interrupt, but Tuesday said there was a meeting today? or a possible meeting anyway..."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella twists in his seat. He remains silent for a beat or two more while his eyes run over the newcomer.

"Yes. That is correct. This is the meeting."

Normally he would be more guarded but Tuesday's name was dropped. That was enough for the Moros, knowing of the Unicorn's affiliations.

He stood and gestured in a welcoming fashion. "Why don't you join us...?" He let his sentence linger in the air, pregnant and inviting the question who are you?
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a small smirk, “Paranormal ghost hunters huh?” a nod, “Well, that kinda fits cause I spent my time talking with a Spirit, a rather friendly one, with some interesting info. And some of it I can’t make sense of, so I was hoping someone would know something and help me make sense of it.” Though she could study Spirit more and know it herself. But whatever. The piece of paper was unfolded and held up. “Some stuff I jotted down that sounded important.” Stuff she wasn’t sure about.

Eyes flicker to Oculus, “I have the ability to do it, sure. I just haven’t actually done it before. So maybe we can practice it a couple times, make sure I can get the spell right. Or if you can do it, then yeah, you can.” Cause casting something like that on the fly, while at the place and failing would suck.

“And the basement is where it sounds like something is going on. At least from what the Spirit said, even it won’t venture down there, and cautioned me against it. So yeah, we’re going down there.” Or her and Tuesday. Cause she couldn’t force anyone to poke around in a basement. “Do we actually have to go pick up some official looking gear? Cause I’m willing to throw some money at it if we are.” Why not?

A smile and wave was offered when Sand appears, “Hey Sand. No memo that I know of, this was just a good place to talk about the Bismark. Or what was the Bismark and what we found.” She hoped the blonde would be joining them on the second trip.

Looking at Dick, “Well, the Spirit had some weird terms they were using. Ones I hadn’t heard before, so I was hoping one of you might have heard of them. Also, tried to look at the Spirit, cause it mentioned eating it’s friends and that had me a little nervous, but couldn’t see it. It was the Gauntlet I should have looked across. Never done that, not that I can’t, but was just, I don’t know, odd? This was my first time really using Spirit. So yeah.” Though maybe that was the best way to learn, to just use it and see what happens.

There was then an eyeroll. “What the hell does it matter who got us the in? We have it.” Seriously guys, no one cares. “It’s not like we have a score board hanging up somewhere. But if you guys want one, I’ll get one and then you can really go all out.” Another eye roll. But she also has more faith in Tuesday being able to bluff her way into a place then him.

Door opens and a new voice talks. Blue eyes turn to look, yup, new face too.

“Possible meeting kind of underway. But welcome.”
    There was then a small wave. “You are?” questions the Shaman. He mentioned Tuesday, so maybe he knew her?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread