Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe doesn't resist Thomas pushing away the bottle. She snorted at the mention of rude, "Manners are pretty when done by both," she just nodded causing the flower to bob again.

Circe nodded in agreement as he spoke about the library, "Good, I knew you were the right choice." Computers however made her sigh wistfully, "I wish I still had a computer. Wait, don't like, libraries have them for public use? Or something like that?"

When Thomas brought up the Fae stuff she blinked in confusion for a second. Oh, he meant the cat lady's place.
    "Oh right, the cat lady's joint. Yes, yes that stuff," the elf sighed in defeat as she shook her head. Flower bobbing once more before she stopped to look down at Thomas, "I admit I was overly paranoid in hindsight. But do recall I suggested it as a last option if there were none better. You and the girls came up with a better. Have a cookie,] the plate that she had previously withdrawn was offered to him now. Peace through pastries?

"Because that sounds like brilliant plan. You hit the books at your library while I check its computers. It'd be, like, you helping a library patron do research. Helping a client is a thing libraries do, right?" Circe was sure that was true. Besides that, it could make Thomas look good to be helping a "researcher" with a project. It would also let Thomas handle Freehold business during his work hours instead of afterwards. Research was research after all. If it wasn't okay Circe was sure she could figure out a way inside. "Cat lady's stuff, eh, I don't know what you guys did with that. I'm muscle so I left it to the brainy types like you."

The Larcenist awaited what Thomas had to say.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

Thomas lets Circe's comment about manners go unnoticed. No need to poke the bear. Or the elf. Even if he might want to.

The dry heat of her mantle makes him squirm a bit, starts a few beads of sweat on his Mole's brow.

"Hm. I could provide you access to the computers at the library, surely." He gives her a skeptical look. Did she really know so little about the resources on offer at such an institution? Thomas has the feeling that he'll be doing most of the work on this project.

"Yes, those materials," he answers. "And, um, no thank you," he says to the offer of the cookies. What Thomas needs is a stiff drink.

"Well, I'm not a general librarian. I'm a subject librarian. But, hm, it would still be, yes, perfectly normal for me to help you." Really, all he'd need to do was furnish her with login access. As long as she stayed...discreet, didn't call attention to herself, she'd be fine. "Can you pose as a college student?" He asks, lifting a brow.

"Yes, certainly, the woman's collection...I have yet to, well, retrieve it. But have plans to do so. Perhaps you'd like to help me catalogue it once I do so?" Might as well put the Fairest to work.

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shrugs and takes back the offered plate. Glad the guy didn't want any, he'd been rude. She ate the cookie herself, emptying the plate. The empty paper dish is easily grasped between her index and middle finger as she listens to Thomas talk.

At his question about her pulling off being a college student, that got her to giggle, "Well I'm glad you think I don't look too old to be a student. But it would depend on the kind of student ya want me to be. I'm guessing ya don't want me behaving like a party animal in there. Or one of the stoners either, right?" she was joking about the question.

She was sure she could pull it off, "Your college got a campus store, right?" The elf grinned, "I'll just buy a some logo'd up clothes and stationary. Boom! I'm student. Easy. Hell, I can probably get into the computers if ya forget your password," Circe smirked as she gave a little boast. She doubted it'd be hard on site.

Circe blinked in surprise: he'd not gotten the stuff yet? Then she looked around the Hollow, "Yeah I guess you didn't get it yet. I don't see them," she points with her, mostly, free hand at the Sprites, "playing with the stuff. I really doubt they'd have left it alone with how colorful it was. Surprising though," she looks back at Thomas, "you guys seemed so gung ho about it."

Circe washed bits of cookie out of her teeth as she drink from the water bottle. Finishing with an 'ah' she went back to talking to Thomas, "Eh I'd probably better at helping ya bring it back. Cataloging books can't be too different from cataloging machine parts, except for all the little hobs buzzing about. Adventure through the Thorns sounds troublesome then that. Not like I can or would shoot at 'em here for stress relief," Circe laughed as she shook her head causing the flower to bob around again, "I could help ya by paying for the pizza."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

"Just behave, well...studiously." He gives her a puzzled look. "And yes, I suppose, hm, some university branded clothing couldn't hurt...I can easily make sure you have access to the computers."

Thomas frowns. "Well, I've been a bit, hm, busy. No chance to recover it, you see. Not yet anyway. And I wouldn't be bringing it back here. No, I have another place where we would catalogue the contents."

He flicks a speck of nonexistent dust from his suit jacket. "And I would give you proper guidance, yes certainly, when it comes to the materials. You, um, can follow direction, yes?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe snorted in amusement at Thomas's advice for behavior, "I'll be the epitome of studious." Sounds like the Uni clothing was a go for the plan.

"Ah," was her reply to the moleman's reluctance to bring the Cat Lady's stuff here, "That does sound less troublesome then keeping the little hobs from making off with the stuff you're tryin' to book." Circe didn't think he'd had someplace else to do it. And now she knew. "Well my offer still stands for a thorny adventure. Our bosses having a tiff don't mean we can not cooperate. Plus, ya know," Circe giggles, "I don't gotta worry about being quiet with my noisemakers."

As for asking if she could follow directions, the elf could only scoff. "Uh, yeah," Circe nodded her head though her expression and tone seemed irked, "You think I learned how to fix shit by improvising? I can pay attention to teachers and manuals just fine. I mean, who doesn't follow instructions to fix shit when they've had the instructions? Well, aside from some hobs. Those things are often nuttier then, hmmm what is the phrase. Chipmunk droppings?"

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    Status
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Mien

Mask

Mantle

PRE

"Very good," the Mole-Man replies. It would have to do. He's not exactly thrilled, but Circe's proposed project is a good one.

Thomas screws up his eyes at the Fairest. Her attitude toward the sprites smacks of a certain hubris, a dismissal of things not understood. It's a completely foreign mindset to the little Beast. "Oh, them, well--they're not the problem, not at all. Fascinating beings, really. I just have my...procedures. Habits really." And one of them is a premium on privacy. And a bit of selfishness to boot.

That comment about her...'noisemakers.' She wouldn't be the first sociopath, even psychopath, among the Lost. It makes him wary. Still, her offer to help with the recovery of the old woman's collection could prove useful, so he offers Circe a weak smile. "I'll, hm, keep that in mind. I'm quite sure I could use your, um, help."

He's not inclined to believe her when she professes her ability to follow direction. Something tells the Mole-Man that Circe might have difficulty following anyone's lead but her own. But there's no point in arguing, they're set on a course. Together. "Well, in any case, let's call it a plan. I'll be in touch to make arrangements." A long pause. "And thank you for approaching me..." his voice quavers a bit.

"I think I could, hm, use a drink. Shall we?" He extends a Mole's paw toward the general gathering, an invitation to rejoin the party at large.

If Circe agrees to this conclusion, Thomas will return to the main thread.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Aw I was happy to approach you. What lady would not approach such a gentleman?" Circe giggled as a small smirk grew on her face. The signs of worry displayed by Thomas were dismissed by Circe. She figured it had to do with her noisemakers.

"Oh do lets," she nodded as they moved to rejoin the party, "We gots our plan after all. Time to celebrate that."

No objections, I'll shut this side thread.

Closed Thread