(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

After a quick word at the tail end of the Tournament Court, Alice was apprised of their newest arrival, the Deava Cadence Behr , who was also a Carthian.

Alice didn't know what to think of her. The Domain had a long history with the Movement, and the kindred that arrived claiming them as their Covenant. They also had a long history of those kindred jumping ship and joining a new Covenant, or even fleeing the Domain...for various reasons.

Alice didn't know how her Acknowledgement went with Vivian, since the Doll had been busy at the time with Gilroy, if the Succubus had told the new arrival of the mutability of the Domain, and of her Covenant, or if the women had left that for her to be told by someone else, or to discover it on her own.

Alice after being informed of Vivan telling Cadence to contact her or His Majesty Alice decided to take matters into her own hands and made time, some weeks after Court to meet with the Carthian.

A message was recorded on the women's phone to meet the Doll in her office at the Nox.

The door was open awaiting her arrival, the lights on since the slight ghoul sitting on one of the couches needed them to see, and tend to her own work.

The scent of sage and other aromatic herbs greets the deava's nose, she might note the piles of ash where incenses have burned and crumbled. Curiously there looks to be trailing patterns made by slim fingers in the piles. Her eyes are drawn to a magnificent dark wood desk, it's legs were carved to display scattered leaves, weaving vines. Predators and prey of all sorts, and among it all were the signs and sigils of the gods Alice had sworn her unlife to.

Alice sits behind the desk, fingers trailing over pages as her head points forward. In her sanctum her amethyst sunglasses have been set aside, leaving the gaping maws of darkness free to the world.

Once Alice feels the presence of a new Beast, a rival! A threat! Her head turns to the door, it takes a moment -- wrestling with the Wraith -- before Alice opens her mouth and in her oh so hollow voice, "Good evening Miss Behr, please come in." gesturing to the chair across the desk from her, "Unless you'd rather test out the couch?"
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

C
    Cadence Behr

Cadence made her way through the club and to the office of the Seneschal. She was pleasantly surprised when Alice took the initiative, though they had met only briefly during the tournaments, it was a short while later that a voicemail was left asking for a meeting. Cadence couldn't help but feel a little bit like she was heading to a job interview. The Seneschal was the highest ranking member of the local populace she would probably meet, making her sort of Cadence's boss.

She was equal parts nervous and excited. This meeting was ostensibly to discuss her intentions as the de facto highest ranking member of the Carthians in Sacramento, but since arriving and making small talk and hearing the local gossip, it seemed as though the Carthians were viewed as somewhat of a joke. The thought had occurred to her that perhaps she was sent here not to proselytize, but rather to divert the wrath of the Invictus against the Carthians for poaching one of their members.

All of these thoughts were weighing heavily on her as she stepped into the Haunt's office. There was a ghoul sitting on a couch, and the room smelled strongly of incense that reminded her of her time in college. It was a great relief to see Alice sitting behind the desk without her Beast stirring. It was a great kindness to mask one's Beast. She was glad, however, that the Seneschal couldn't see the momentary startle Cadence felt seeing the pale, eyeless Doll sitting behind an intimidating eldritch desk.

Taking a seat across the desk in a chair, she replies. "Good evening, Seneschal Hart. Thank you, I'll test the couch out another day, though it does looking temptingly comfortable. And please, call me Cadence if you'd like. I am not a stickler for formality."

The Pragmatist smiles warmly, though she realizes it is a wasted gesture. Hopefully her tone would convey the sentiment better.

"I'm very glad you reached out to me. As you are aware, I find myself in an interesting position. I am both the newest member of the domain, and technically the highest ranking member of my covenant. I was advised to seek council on this matter. I'm well aware of the stigmas associated with the Movement, but I'm hoping my time in Sacramento can be a positive thing for both myself and the community at large."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Then I'm Alice, at least here." behind closed doors that is. Court was another matter entirely.

Alice sets her papers down, closing the binder they were in and sets it aside. As Alice hears the women cross the distance from the door to the chair she pointed at first.

As unobtrusively as possible, Lyssa stands, closes the door and returns to what she was working on.

"With a Domain the size of ours, and with the scant number of kindred of note your's is a position that happens frequently. Were you Mekhet, you would be Priscus as well." Alice informs the daeva. "And, the Movement isn't seen as a joke-well yes, to some it is. But, it's just that those of the Movement, don't stay. They make their proclamations, with their pretty words and then as soon as we wait for them to work at whatever their dream is...they're gone. Or they've...well. Fucked up something fierce and met their end, fled or any number of things that suddenly require them to not be here.

"In fact His Majesty, Prince Clarke used to be a member of the First Estate before he turned to the Ordo Darucl, and he enjoys debates between himself and Carthians."
    Alice tells the women, wondering how she'd take it. "Though, sadly in my time here I have never seen the Movement as a whole shine."

C
    Cadence Behr

Cadence's heart would have sank if her body was still capable of the physiological reaction. It was disappointing, and extremely daunting, to hear about the history of the Carthians in the city. It confirmed what she had heard: She was alone, relatively powerless, and representing a covenant many considered to be a joke.

"That is unfortunate, very unfortunate. I always knew that I was throwing my lot in with the misfits, but my induction into the Movement was with the assumption that there was something underneath the reputation. I suppose if I had stayed in Fresno longer, I could've learned for myself, but set adrift here with no guidance ..."

She trailed off for a moment. She was talking too much, probably. Almost certainly. But she had grown incredibly lonely during her journey to Fresno, and maybe she was not as guarded as she should've been. But she needed friends. She needed to establish herself, even if she would be trudging uphill the whole way.

"But I digress. I am always fond of a good debate, should I be lucky enough to have a chance at it with His Majesty, Prince Clarke. Although I fear I wouldn't put up as much of a battle as I would like."
    She laughs, somewhat bitterly. "I can appreciate the lack of faith one might have in pretty words and lofty ideals. One's actions can speak volumes, yes? If there is some way I can be of assistance to the Court or the community at large, I'd be honored to offer my service."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"There is always something underneath the reputation. It takes time to discover it." A new initiate, set upon Sacramento with no guidance, or at least nothing she was admitting, yet. "Luck or fate might bring more Carthians here. They tend to come and go, as I said."

Though when there was an established Carthian around they tended not to appear as they were wont when there wasn't anyone to spearhead their...organization.

"Were you specifically sent to Sacramento, or did you chose the River City for yourself?" Asks the Doll after a moment.

"As long as you are secure in your point of view and your augment's better then I'm a Carthian and so I'm right, then you'll do fine." Alice nods, smoothly inhuman, to quick to be natural. Like invisible strings were expertly loosened, and pulled taut once more.

The smoothly inhuman nod gives way to a too-wide-too-fake smile.

"You are in luck Miss Behr-Cadence. We need kindred who will take action. The summer of 2016, the Brood attacked. Firebombing the Crone Farm during a public Rite, the Summer Solstice. Since then we've been tracking them and trying to root them out. Now, we know their leader. Dirge, once a member of the Domain. She had many accomplishments to her name, she won a Regency through combat, and was named the then Reeve's Deputy. She threw that all away. Her Grace the Archon Twist will Summon Dirge, and we'll deal with her....and whomever, and whatever she brings with her.

"Taking part in the battle, for there will be a battle, might end with all, none, or even some of us ash....are you still willing to offer your serves in this?"

C
    Cadence Behr

"I fle -- I was, uh, sent. To the city, I mean." Cadence was stuttering over herself a bit here. The atmosphere of the room and the Doll's facade were getting to her. Again, she was grateful the Seneschal couldn't see her uncomfortable fidgeting, but now her anxiety was creeping into her voice. It was terribly rude. Cadence could feel anger welling up inside over her poor manners. She cleared her throat and added, "But I'm happy to inform you there is no sinister plot. I am merely a humble purveyor or alternative ideas."

At the mention of the Brood and Dirge, Cadence tried to hide her surprise. A prominent member of the domain turned traitor like this was unheard of, at least in her short time among the Damned. She was also surprised at how quickly Alice had thought of something. It sounded very dangerous. She had only heard rumors of the Brood, but they were supposedly ferocious and bloodthirsty beyond compare. She had always considered the stories to be exaggerations to frighten fledglings, but she couldn't help but think of them now.

Cadence was not much a fighter, never has been. But she had offered her help sincerely. It was not her place to judge what was asked of her, even if she feared for her unlife. This would be the first real fight she had seen since her death. Her composure returned with her certainty, and with a clear and even voice she replied,

"It is my pleasure and honor to accept this call to action. I couldn't live with myself were I to ignore this threat, if you'll forgive the expression."
    She laughs heartily. "Where shall I begin?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

An artificial brow raises at the fumbling words, but Alice doesn't comment on it. "Truthfully Cadence, I care not for your Covenant -- not that I don't care about Carthians, but I don't care what Covenant you claim as yours. I care about actions. Proving your own merit. I had a friend he was the last Carthian who had been within the Domain for years, and he fled a Blood Hunt on his heels, and that wasn't because of his allegiance to the Carthians, but his failures as the Gangrel Priscus.

"So, purvey your ideas, it's been...stale around here lately. I hope, you have more then just ideas though."

The silence grows as Cadence hopefully thinks over her words. Alice sits in her chair, still as any corpse, though she doesn't move her head -- her eyeless sockets -- from pointing towards the Daeva. It wasn't like Alice could see her, or whatever thoughts were visible on her face, but the Doll knew she was probably unnerving the succubus just by being herself, which Alice was tired of catering to everyone's sensibilities, specially in her own office.

Alice laughs at the words even as she give the women another too smooth and too quick nod.

"Thank you for agreeing. I know that facing such a foe when you've only just arrived is a daunting thing." a pause, more to pace the conversation then need of breath, "We will be meeting [here] at [date, time]...do you have any mortal contacts that you believe could be use? Weapons dealers or the like?" If Ale couldn't get this or that, maybe the Carthian could.

C
    Cadence Behr

Cadence was quickly warming up to the Seneschal. In fact, her welcome to the city had been far kinder in general than she had been expecting. This meeting was supposed to be an opportunity, a strictly professional affair with a valuable high-ranking court member. But the Carthian found herself enjoying the conversation. She scolded herself once more for her initial discomfort, and allowed herself to relax a little bit.

With a small chucke, she replied. "Oh, gosh, no. I'm afraid I haven't any such connections. My talents lie more in the realm of negotiation, although that may not be particularly helpful here. Can't exactly talk the Brood to death." Wait a minute, can I? No, no. I think my sire would've mentioned something that big. But you never know ...

"Although, if you're aware of anyone who can teach me such a skill, I'd be eternally grateful,"
    she added, half joking.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods her all to quick, but still smooth and inhuman nod. She hadn't expected anything like that from a new arrival, not really. It took more then a handful of nights to cultivate such contacts.

"Have you skill in Majesty?" Alice asks, "Because I'm sure, if you work it a certain way, you might be able to cultivate such a skill." her lips twisted into a parody of a smirk. "Devotions are created, discovered, or rediscovered because of one's needs hmm?"

After a moment of quiet, "Id there anything else you wanted to discuss Cadence?"

C
    Cadence Behr

Before she could dive any further into daydreaming about rending her opponents with snarky remarks, Cadence thought about whether there was anything else to discuss. Who knows when she'll get another chance to sit down with the second-in-command to the Prince? Although truthfully, she was developing a fondness for the Doll. She even seemed like the type who wouldn't let her lofty position get in the way of getting to know a lowly Carthian.

After a few moments thinking about it, she couldn't think of anything. "I believe that is all I have to discuss today. I am very grateful for your time, Alice. And don't worry, I can appreciate public decorum. I wouldn't dream of referring to you in so informal a manner outside of this context. I have heard the Invictus can be especially harsh about poor manners." She laughs as she says this, but a trained eye (or in this case, ear) could catch the twinge of pain behind the statement. Her sire had been especially brutal in teaching her this lesson.

As the Pragmatist leans forward to stand up and leave, she suddenly remembers something. Something very important. She scolded herself for almost forgetting to bring up something so vital, so near to her heart ...

"There is one more thing, actually. Would you happen to have a phone number for the Haunt in the Goth getup? I'd love to, uh, discuss philosophy with her." If she could do it naturally, Cadence would be blushing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread