Ended
Watch

Voices Past, Voices Present

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    O
    Oculus

The elder mystagogue is obviously distraught over the Athenaeum's disappearance. Desperate to find a silver lining in this context, Oculus bursts out "Well, the Bismark was thought to be lost, too. But if we really find nothing... I bet the local Seers have a lot of trinkets we can loot" Where the Moros was glooomy, the Thyrsus was vicious, like an awakened cobra. When Campanella explains their relationship with the Bay's Consilium he boils over and stands up, turning away from the gathering. Arms crossing and breaths deepening, he needs a moment to calm down.

"Right. Politics. Motherfuckers" The others can hear him, if barely. He's not talking to any of the three, really. More to his constant amazement at the depths of pettiness the 'Awakened Nation' can descend to.

He remains silent as others comment on his idea of archive restoration, intent on answering all doubts simultaneously. The mystagogue produces a warm smile as most voice their general approval "Yes, diversification of sources will be good. Different media accentuate different things, making a fuller picture. And I'm not sure about the others, but including a stele in it certainly sounds interesting. Plus it's much harder to steal away"

Oculus turns to Sand "You're certainly right, an archive is not an answer to all our problems. We should - and I'm certain we will - fight back whenever possible. But the point is the Seers will pass and the issue of collective memory will persist. We can't effectively tackle dangers if we're not armed with the wisdom of the past"

And finally to Tuesday "You're talking counterspells. I was asking if something can be cooked up using Fate or Time that would... anchor an object to a specific timeline or destiny. Like Space Wards, but against all that subtle tampering" He looks expectantly. Maybe he's hoping for too much. But he can at least be clear while he does. "And I'm not one to belittle oral history, but... memories kept in heads are vulnerable. Mind magic. Alzheimer's. Simple forgetfulness. You are bound to miss a detail. Then another, and another... until you have nothing left" He takes a bite off his sandwich "And that's before you include people leaving or..." It's fairly obvious what he was about to say, but for some reason the word won't leave his throat.

"Everyone needs a push in the right direction from time to time" He replies to the Unicorn trying very hard to look and sound mysterious.

And then some cabal talk follows. Although he's in no way opposed to them being one big Fox family, it's not his call to make. So he waits, silent, looking where it will flow.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella stirs.

"I daresay such things are possible to one degree or another. Mastery is probably our greatest enemy in that regard. To do such as you suggest... I think we may be pushing into the realms of Archmastery."

A pause. A breath.

"A Thaumium tablet inscribed with our history could be the way to go. In theory. I do not have the skill nor the Art to accomplish such a feat as refining raw Thaumium from the dross of the Fallen World. So unless one of you has a secret cache of the metal I am afraid it is beyond us right now."

A hand touches his temple as he thinks.

"But speaking of caches, perhaps one method we could use would be to use multiple media with multiple caches, scattered across town. Here, for example, with our letters. Perhaps we can risk a hard drive with our notes written on it, secreted somewhere... safe. Maybe someone with an artistic bent blends our history into a graffiti tag that can keep appearing on walls across downtown. My point is... low level stuff, low key and using what we can commonly use in our daily life. Nothing special - but enough to hint at our story, to hint at the Truth."

He hits on a thought, and smiles.

"A trail of breadcrumbs. That might help with an Awakening. Or lead mages unaffiliated with our enemy to us. Maybe even create the impression we are much more than we are. Maybe, if we cannot fight them head on, we should look at becoming an idea. One that simply will not go away."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Suddenly and without warning Oculus leaves.

Tuesday's brows climb. "So. That happened." she shrugs. As she waits for her text. Quickly a ding rings in the air.. Surprising that she could get anything in or out considering their location. Almost lucky... "So. Y'all invited for dinner....you wanna go do that? Or you wanna...stay here for a bit and do the exploring....or what?" Tuesday asks, leaving it up to Campy and Sand.

"We can finish this convo up....there." vaguely she points up, "Plus dinner. I'm cooking. Since. I can do that. But if you don't want that. We could pick up take out. Then head to the Theater."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Ah."

Campanella clicked his tongue and ran a finger along his cheekbone. A tell tale pulse started up briefly and was then stilled. The Moros Mystogogue let out a long drawn out sigh.

"Yes. I guess we should move on. We do need to finnish this conversation and 'up there' as you put it sounds best. Especially if we are talking about collecting ourselves together as single Cabal for the time being."

He drained his cup and set about gathering together what he could.

"I still think Oculus' ideas had merit. This place really would make a good secondary or back-up meeting place. Its not like the place gets that many visitors."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A huff of laughter, covering confusion?, at the disappearance of their host.

Turns to Tuesday and Campanella with a why-the-hell not grin, "I'm in. This time I get to bring something though."

Leans in to help Campanella clean up. "And I like the idea idea you had. That could be fun."

Sorry guys! Totally skipped this one! New scene for dinner/cabal plans?

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Sounds like a plan." Tuesday turns and gathers some to the things that Oculus left when he did. "Sooooo if we're thinking of a single cabal, prolly should invite Khysmet too. Since. Then he's be the odd man out. Which. Defeats the purpose."

"A something? You wanna bring a something?" turning to Sand, "Color this Unicorn confused. But also intrigued."

"Cool. Since. Welp. We're loosing. Bolt holes are a necessity."

End Scene! (or I'm assuming it's done :P)
    I'll get the cabal planning/dinner scene up ASAP!
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, deltadream liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.