Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1709) Cadence and Vivian

THREADID
    V
    Vivian York

After moving a little away from the crowd of Kindred, Vivian gave her undivided attention to the new Daeva. Now, she may not have quite looked like the typical sort of Family, but, Vivian realized long ago, that judging a book by it's cover wasn't proper.

She was about to invite Cadence to call her by an informal name, yet, since joining the Invictus, she passed on it for now. Perhaps in a family meeting or one she got to know her better.

"So, where do you hail from, Miss Behr?" Of course she was intrigued, new blood always made her cautious and curious.

"Was there anything you found curious about Sacramento? Are you staying long?" Pausing, before asking many more questions. "I have so many questions, I so enjoy new people." She was her typical vivacious self, but this time, with a purpose.

C
    Cadence Behr

"Well, I'm Fresno originally," Cadence replied, following the Priscus off to the side. This was hopefully the final hurdle before Cadence could at last breathe easy and settle in to her new surroundings. She wasn't sure how much she needed to lie, but it was unwise to lie unnecessary, lest she draw suspicion. And so she answered honestly, more or less,

"Curious? Well, when I decided leave Fresno behind to make a name for myself somewhere new, my comrades in ..." She pauses here for a moment. Could it hurt to say? "The Carthians advised me that Sacramento was full of opportunities, whatever that means." She laughs. "I thought I'd make it my new home."

Cadence hoped her sincerity was disarming. She was taking a chance, certainly, divulging her affiliations. But she wasn't here to riot, pillage or disrupt. "It certainly is a great pleasure, a new face, a new story to learn. I look forward to learning yours as well, Madame York."

V
    Vivian York

"Ahh, Fresno. I've heard of the city. It seems to be bouncing with many tales, none of which I can recall right now." Vivian laughed slightly. She had at least heard of the city, and things that went on. Sadly nothing Vampire related.

The Daeva hadn't anything for or against Carthians. For all she knew, they were rivals of the Invictus, but it depended on the Domain.

"Well, you are the first Carthian in a long while, Miss Behr. In fact, I don't recall the last time we had any in the Domain. I'm not saying that you wouldn't do well here. However, you would be reintroducing the Covenant. Best to be smart about it." She shrugged slightly.

"I recently joined the Invictus. It took me many years to decide on what I finally wanted to join. I finally determined it was the best fit for me. I was raised proper, although, I let it slide quite often." Chuckling softly. "Probably a little bit of rebellion in my ways for years I suppose."

"How did you decide to join the Carthians?" It was necessary to ask. If there was something dreadful about the woman, she may not be a fit in their Domain. Chances are, that was not the case at all.

C
    Cadence Behr

"I've heard there was a ... vacancy," Cadence laughed, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some ambitions in that regard. But I'm not here to ruffle any feathers. I may have been a bit of a firebrand in life but I have since learned the value of prudence."

Cadence was surprised by the civility of the Priscus. She had grown accustomed to being slighted by the Invictus. Sometimes, there was outright hostility. But the courtesy of the conversation was a promising sign that Sacramento would suit her well. Hers was a quiet and peaceful revolution brewing.

"Congratulations on discovering your place in the Invictus. It is a valuable thing, finding where you belong. I joined the Carthians because they most closely fit my philosophy in life, to evolve and adapt, to question, debate,"
    Cadence explained, trying to mask her tension. She wasn't entirely lying, but she felt it wise to omit certain facts about her sire.

"But you'll be glad to know it is precisely my, well, measured approach to the Movement that has brought me here. My position is that progress must be incremental and peaceful, for the sake of the masquerade and self-preservation. I grew frustrated with my compatriots who were quick to burn down the system, apparently unconcerned that we'd end up ruling over ashes, or else becoming ash ourselves.
    She was in her element now, speaking quickly with excitement, her eyes shining. Discussing theory and politics was her passion, and she was enjoying herself.

V
    Vivian York

At least the new Daeva would possibly be smart about her endeavors. Vivian couldn't care either way as long as her Family maintained the social responsibilities. "I am glad to hear you want to approach it in a peaceful manner. I've heard stories from other times in the Domain that it wasn't done at such." It wasn't necessarily a warning, but more of an example of how Cadence was already different from the others.

"Those are great reasons. I've heard of others, but at least they are solid. You'll find that if you go through the proper channels that things may go smoothly. However, I am uncertain if you need to discuss that with the Seneschal or the Prince. But if your prudence is what it is, then you will hopefully have no problem waiting a little." She had no answers for the newcomer. All she had was suggestions. In truth, Vivian hadn't seen Asa in quite some time. She oddly missed him.

"And truth be told, no one wants to become ash." Half chuckling, even if it was something a little grim.

"Which brings me to some of the Laws of the Domain." From Vivian's pocketbook, she produced a small lock box. Inside, a larger than normal sheet of flash paper, that looked very much like thin parchment, in which the laws were written. Producing it before her new Family member, she smiled and spoke. "Please, take a close look at the rules. If you have questions, or something is confusing, ask away."

ooc

C
    Cadence Behr

She leans in a little bit and grins, "I can't imagine bothering the prince with my modest ambitions. There's no reason to hide my intent, and if my info was correct, no members of my covenant in the city to oppose me in a general election. I believe it'll be a landslide victory, 100% of the vote going to myself. Nevermind that my vote is the only one!"

She laughs, probably too loudly, at her own joke.

Cadence accepts the list of laws and spends several minutes reviewing them. Most of them were not a surprise, her old domain's laws weren't all that dissimilar. The bit about Kallisti gives her pause though. Her sire had once mentioned their own bloodline being the subject of such bans, and advised her to keep her lineage secret. To her relief, there was no ban on Nelapsi listed, however.

"I bet there's an interesting story behind the prohibition on Kallisti," Cadence remarks with a chuckle, as much to herself as to her fellow Daeva. "But I suppose it isn't my place to pry."

She hands the paper back and nods, "I don't believe I have any questions. I very much look forward to settling in here, assuming you haven't decided to run me out of town."

OOC

V
    Vivian York

"Then perhaps discuss it with the Seneschal instead of our Prince. I'm sure she'd give you the run down easily." Was Vivian against the covenant, not exactly. But first, her duty was to family, and helping her family avoid doing something stupid was far more important.

"I actually don't know why that is that way. Perhaps we should ask the Archon sometime. I'm sure she'd know. She and our Prince are the longest residents of our Domain. I'm sure the tail will be quite entertaining. In fact, I'd love to know myself." The Daeva never really gave much thought to it. Vivian now really wondered what type of history there was to tell.

Taking the paper back and securing it in the lockbox again, she flipped the combination around so it couldn't be figured out. "Excellent, I'm glad you have no questions or quarrels about it. You are hereby Acknowledged, Miss Behr."

C
    Cadence Behr

The smile falls from Cadence's face. Apparently her joking had not gone over well. "Yes, of course. I'll seek them out," she replies in a somewhat flatter tone than before. This had been an entirely stiffer affair than she was hoping.

Perhaps I'll go find that cute goth chick ...

Vivian said something else about the Kallisti ban but Cadence's mind was wandering at that point. She perked up at the mention of her acknowledgement, however. A large smile returned to her face and she bowed graciously to her Priscus.

"I appreciate that, Priscus York. It has been an absolute pleasure meeting you, and I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around, but if you don't mind I'll be returning to the festivities. I believe I heard an announcement for a tournament of some kind, which could prove very interesting."

Assuming Vivian doesn't stop her, Cadence returns to the main thread

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.