Watch
Message for the Lion Man

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A ragged note is left stapled to one of those cheap old notice boards that seemingly defy the elements. This notice board is located in an obscure spot on the grounds of Funderland.

Another note on cheap, pulpy, paper is tacked onto a graffiti thick wall near a diner across town.

The message is the same:

Time to go to work Lion Man. Call me _______.

Your friendly shadow girl :3

@Lev Vladimir
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

L
    Lev

Lev was on duty at the park, when he noticed the scrap of paper obviously mentioning him. And he actually noticed in purely by chance. His shoelaces got untied when he passed by, and after stopping to fix the issue, he took a glance at the board. Coincidence, or maybe Wyrd. Who cares. Lev came to the Freehold to avoid trouble, but trouble tends to have a way of finding him. And the Beast had no doubt that this message can mean only trouble.

Lev pulled a cheap phone out of his jeans pocket, and muttering obscenities, punched in the number:

“Hello! It’s me, Lev. You wanted to talk to me?”

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid must have been waiting for the call.

"Hi. Its Ingrid. We met at that diner. Ah... I'm in a bit of a bind and looking for some back-up. Long story... Someone got hurt and I have to follow up some leads as to why. I was wondering if you'd like to help with that. And yes, if you need to ask, it is related to our little social group."

A breath.

"So. I can meet you near where I gotta go and explain things there? Or we can meet first and go together? That is, if you are still interested. I'd appreciate your help, Lev. Not quite sure what I'm about to get into."

From the ambient sound, it would appear that Ingrid had transferred her phone from one hand to the other.

Written this up so you can step into the plot, Vladimir . Woland will be putting up the next scene sometime this weekend hopefully.

L
    Lev

Lev was not too sure who the “Shadow Girl” was before Ingrid had mentioned the diner. He sighed. He really did not want to be dragged into something that will clearly interfere with his calm life. On the other hand, he thought that after his captivity high stress and high violence situations were the only times he was actually useful. And what is a Freehold is not a group for mutual help and support.

“Oh, yeah, Ingrid. You’ve got your help. If you’re driving – pick me up at Funderland. If not – gimme the address, and I’ll find my way there myself. And, um… how extreme is your problem? Do I need to get prepared?”

The last question was out of curiosity. There’s little that could make Lev break his word to another Lost, even if that word was not enforced by the Wyrd, and he already said that he’ll help.

Yep, I was watching the plot unfold. Wasn’t too active, but that’s just because I was waiting for an opportunity to step in. Thanks for the heads up.

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It was... extreme... for the poor guy. Not sure how it will be for us, yet. But it could be quite a mess."

A pause.

"I don't have a car, but if you could meet near a magic shop. Er... Mr Cheng's Herbs and Remedies. Its here at _____. Looks like the guy who got hurt had gotten mixed up in some stuff that... eh... might impact on us. This is one lead and I'm hoping for some backup. You know, just in case.... And two heads are better than one, you might see something that I don't. Some of the others are following up other leads."

Another pause.

"I got no idea what to expect but I'm assuming this lead will just be about getting more information on what, exactly, was going on. I'm not expecting trouble. But you never know when you start asking questions. I'll tell you more when we meet, yeah?"

L
    Lev

Extreme. Could be a mess. Those are not the words you want to hear. But there was no way to wriggle out of this now. And to be honest, the Beast didn’t really want to. The job at Funderland had put food on his table and a roof over his head, but it was excruciatingly boring. A bit of excitement could do Lev good.

“Cheng’s Herbs… got it. Might take me a while to get there, though. Meet you in an hour or so?”

Lev was not very good at “getting more information”, unless violence was involved, but what he was good at is backing someone up. And Ingrid’s call felt like a request for exactly that.

“OK, I’m off. See you soon. Don't go in without me.” he said, and after a response hanged up.

Closed Thread