Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Ink?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Not sure if people would take offense or not, but wondering if members would be interested in sharing IRL ink. Obvs not trying to infringe on privacy or turn site into some sort of knock-off adult entertainment... just wondering if sharing tattoo photos would be interesting. Tattoos are definitely a significant expression of one's personal art, and can be very telling of one's personality. West With approval, of course.

2. Likes Deltaomega liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

I personally wouldn't take offense...but that might be because I have 15 tattoos including a half sleeve...lol! And one WoD themed one :P But I'll wait upon hearing the finally say from the almighty West

4. Likes Deltaomega, Travisc06489 liked this post

Vauban

I have no problems sharing personally. I mean do not have a lot of ink to show off really but I am making plans to get more. Money is the only obstacle in making that happen sadly :(

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Ok! Here are my bigger pieces. I have a half sleeve, which I want to someday(when I have the money) make into a full sleeve. It was done over a couple years time and multiple sittings. Outline...shading...starting the color. It is all colored now, and yes...it goes all the way around and the under arm is by far IMO the most painful place. Then I have my Mekhet tattoo! Cause WoD! These are the two on my feet...we started with just one and then my tattoo artist said wouldn't it be awesome if we did a red one and called it Fire and Ice?! Hence the red and blue:P This one is on my right side across the ribs, and yes...it is a Twilight quote...don't judge This is my Dhampir tattoo...upper left shoulder. Now...I am no where near done with my tattoos. And not all have been included in this :P I have smaller ones all over the place including my left ribs, wrist, and my back. So lets see everyone elses!

7. Likes Deltaomega, Travisc06489, liked this post

Mekhet, though. I mean... I straight up would have gotten that myself if I had thought of it!

So I've only got 5... time and money are the only reason it hasn't been more. But my most recent one is worth a story.

About 4 years ago, in between deployments, a coworker of mine recommended a friend of hers who does 'tattoo parties' (if you have learned a life-lesson from an experience like this, you're probably already cringing). Me, seeing a chance to get a cheap tattoo, immediately contacted the guy to come to my house. I hadn't even decided what I wanted before I called.

So I'm scouring Pinterest for inspiration and finally decide on a raven. Cuz intelligent, misunderstood, ominous, free... all that junk. And I also stumbled upon some leaf art that I thought was really neat. I'm secretly an Autumn IRL (pumpkin spice, falling leaves, cool weather, harvest festivals), and thought it would be really cool to have a raven image done in leaf-art style. So I basically print out a picture of a raven and a picture of some leaf art and say "here ya go! make this into a tattoo!".

This is what it turned out like. Note the weird cropping around the base and the odd proportions? He'd done a tracing but the angle and definition didn't follow through. It looked, for all intents and purposes, like some sort of weird little chicken. Having a Spanish/Puerto Rican last name, I eventually earned the nickname El Pollo Negro. I was disappointed with the results, but I had to have fun with it. It became something of a workplace mascot and three of us in the workplace even entered a fitness challenge under the team name El Pollo Negro.

Eventually I got tired of it and wanted a clean slate. I looked up laser removal and a bunch of other remedies and.... basically just put some business cards on my fridge. To one day never be used because I get busy and distracted and then altogether forget things. Recently, this year, my wife was getting her second tattoo done and I struck up a conversation with the artist about my failed kitchen art. He said he's done tons of cover-up work and offered to come up with something in the same spirit as the intention of the aforementioned mistake.

Two sessions later, I've got the cover-up done. I really could have waited a couple more days for healing (little bit of peeling still going on), but here's the finished work. Still invoking all the symbolism and emotions of ravens and Autumn - but this time not a chicken. Also... the tiny part that just starts to go under the arm felt like a hot knife. I don't envy you Orianna

9. Likes Psychangel liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Travisc06489 I won't lie...the under arm was the worst. Only time I have ever had my artist use the numbing gel and it didn't really even help...lol! The shading is the worst for that, my arm swelled a couple inches and was a very interesting bruise color...lol! When I do my other arm, I will not do the underarm again. Nope.

But like the coverup! Looks good!! And totally get the whole money thing...sigh...why must tattoos be so expensive?! My other arm is going to be Bumblebee from Transformers and will cost me $800 for one sitting :( Oh to be rich...lol!!

11. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Vauban

Well I have two tattoos. I have a small flower tattoo on my left forearm. It was a bit of a stress test tattoo to see if it really was going to be as painful as I had been told. Did not really sting much. It scabbed quite a bit and faded a little around the middle. Not sure if I should get it fixed up or if that's possible.

Second one is this Steampunk Owl on my upper left arm I had finished yesterday so its still a bit raw. I like Owls and and the symbolisim attached to them and I like Steampunk designs so it was a good match for me. :P

13. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Noyce! Dig the color.

Story time! So on Saturday, my wife was in a particular mood... where its not even breakfast time and she's literally whining "What are we gonna do todaaaay!?". This is a sign that everything and anything I planned to do for myself is now null and void, and I have to come up with something entertaining that lasts literally all day. But, she'd already rattled off a dozen ideas of what she'd potentially like to do, so I simply asked "What do you want to do?"

So our first stop was a petting zoo. Because my wife and I are children, and playing with baby goats and potbellied pigs and chickens is entertaining as fuck. The farm that the petting zoo was at also had a bunch of plants for sale, and we tentatively planned on buying some herbs and vegetables. But we didn't. She insisted we check out the local farmer's market for a bigger selection. While we were there, we discovered "hickory syrup". Apparently not actually made from sap, but from an extract from the hickory bark. My wife loved it. Because its basically flavored sugar. We still didn't find any plants that sparked our interests, and she wanted to check a nursery (the tree kind) as the final option.

But.

Halfway to the nursery, my wife was like "Want to get tattoos?" I laughed. She usually isn't serious about that kind of thing. I asked "You want to pay for said tattoos?" She said that there was a special offer at a tattoo parlor at the mall: $80 for a token to get a tattoo design from a gumball machine. You keep what you get.

https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/ma...Id=YMailNorrin

I was surprised... it's not her style to be so spontaneous. Me? I joined the Navy because I was bored. I'm all about spontaneity. So we went. And I got this....

https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/ma...Id=YMailNorrin

For cheap, completely random tattoo... its not bad. I might try to use it as a base for a nautically themed sleeve!

16. Likes liked this post

18. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread