Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Investigations

Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Peter, wary of his target, follows her with the intent of gathering information. She fascinates him, even as he very readily realizes this is a very dangerous situation.

Note to self... don't let her kiss me.

As he approaches her on the dancefloor, he glances around at the mass of people, listens to the overwhelming sensory assault of the music, realizes he had been texting his companions because it was entirely too difficult to be heard. He mutters, "Enclosed space, no one can hear you scream..."

With that, he moves towards her.

If she's stopping here, Peter will actually move behind her, putting his hands on her hips. This, he feels, will accomplish a few things. First, it gives the impression of club business as usual. Second, it puts him in a superior tactical position... he can talk into her ear, she will have to speak up but Peter can try to make sure those lips don't get close enough to actually make contact (who knows how she really focuses whatever spiritual power she has, but if you go by mythology, a kiss would be a reasonable method). Thirdly, if need be, he already has his hands on her... it would be easy and about as discreet as possible for claws to dig into her midsection with a firm grip.

As Peter approaches, the Asian woman turns her back to him while moving closer. Though she is quite a bit shorter than Peter, her heels add several inches to her height, so that when she grinds her hips back against him, the motions have a strong effect. She doesn't resist when Peter puts his hands on her. In fact, after a moment she takes one of his hands in hers and slides it upward to her breast. Peter can feel that her skin is hot, almost feverish.

She smells of perfume, a combination of jasmine and some sort of musk.

Peter resists moving his hand upward, pushing it back downward to her hips. He also focuses past the dancefloor antics of his target, having all but planned on them happening. Putting his mouth close to her ear, he speaks to her.

"Who are you?"

B

I close with Aesop and test if he can read my lips by conveying Peter's message without forcing air past my lips. Lipreading seems consistent with his displayed interest in mimicry and mannerisms and it would make this a whole lot easier. If Guide Aesop can't or won't read my lips I show him Peter's message and wait a moment for his response before conveying my own information.

The Asian woman leans her head back against Peter's shoulder and turns enough for him to hear her as she says "I'm called Silk."

She reaches back with one hand to stroke Peter's face as she continues to undulate against him. He notices her long nails are painted the same shade of green as her top, her lipstick, her eye shadow and her eyes.

"Seems like a fitting name," Peter responds. "You're different... not just because of your eyes or penchant for green... what makes you so... different?"

Her hand still on his face, Silk turns her body smoothly to face him, staying very close. "Different than what?" she asks, a playful smile?

Peter uses his grip on her hips to turn her back around, pulling her to him and holding her so she can't turn around again, nuzzling into her neck to give the impression it's something more than what it is.

"Different than everyone else," he replies. "You seem to have a certain... Spirit... to you..."

I
    Innerlight

Aesop mimics Eleanor speaking, from a distance, though he doesn't hear the words come out. He keeps his eyes Peters direction cautiously. He wondered if things were so loud he couldn't hear Eleanor or she was attempting to signal him. After mouthing the words he decided that she was talking just to him and he comprehended and nodded to relay that to her.
    Ooc

For the record, Lip Reading can be a Specialization to Investigation or Subterfuge.

"I'm just me," Silk tells Peter. "But if you'd like to find out about what makes me who I am, you should come with me to the upper level of the club. It's exclusive, but you can go up there as long as you're with me."

Against his better judgment, Peter finds this idea somewhat attractive. He can also feel his body again start to respond to her closeness.

Peter needs to roll either Resolve or Composure + BP, target number 1+

Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread