Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Dead eyes watch Kid. Whiskey clings to him, and the smoke fills the air. He might be open, affable. With his easy drawl and natural way, but drinking enough, in a short enough time to actually get drunk.

Fuck.

"Grass is always greener." she grumbles out as she snatches the whiskey for herself. She plants her ass back on the grass, and holds the bottle. A noise of agreement leaves her throat. Their lives were complicated and painful.

Viola does not like that look. She really, really doesn't. But, she doesn't flinch or look away. "Ain't that the truth." a fucked up truth, but it was one.

Viola nods as Kid tells her about his old totem, "Sounds swell." that might sound sarcastic, but she didn't mean it that way.

"Yeah. Me too." Viola says, meaning it. A new totem and a new pack. It meant that she was moving on. She takes another swig of the much diminished whiskey. Fuck.
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Affable)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Pleasant Drawl)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Kid

Cahalith
    Hunter in Darkness

+1
    DV
    PRE

"That it is. That. It. Is," he replies. Breathing smoke with each word. The whiskey bottle is given up happily. He's always one to share. "When there's grass at all."

Swell? Not exactly. "We got along OK. Things were never peachy. I mean, spirits are strange things. And one as old and as...murky as that Catfish? Well. It was hard to understand it sometimes. But the Father had needs and we saw to them. Vice versa. What was your Totem like, your old pack's I mean?" He asks it out of genuine curiosity, not thinking of their game.

Kid gives his head a little shake. "Drunker'n I thought," he half-mumbles. "Should prolly get goin' soon. Sack up for the night." He gives her a crooked, sheepish smile.
    Meninna | Cahalith
    WP: Essence: Primal Urge: ●●

4. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

"Sure. But when there's no grass, think of concrete. Like the not cracked kind of whatever." Viola says, wondering why she was the one saying something like this.

"Least you and your totem did get along. Hear a fair few who never got on with theirs." which Viola thought was fucked. "But yeah. It was a Spirit, so yeah it was weird. Since. Yeah." Viola rolls her eyes again. "Fathomless Shadows." Viola intones. "A bird, a falcon. Who's wings spanned the sky...never saw-her-saw-her, just her shadow. Think she was that shadow. Flew over us as we hunted. Every hunt, the choice pieces when to Her."

Viola shakes her head. Shaking away the memories.

"Yes you are." She pushes herself off the grass again. "I'm keeping this." waggin' the bottle, "I'll give it back,"

Turning around to slip deeper into the dark. Then over her shoulder

"...when we get into the next eight.

Good to wrap?

Presence
    (Affable)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Pleasant Drawl)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Kid

Cahalith
    Hunter in Darkness

+1
    DV
    PRE

Kid nods, looking distinctly sleepy now. Grass, concrete, whatever. He feels like he could lay right down and knock out.

"Falcon, huh?" How funny is that? Here his old pack ran with a spirit that dwelled in the murky depths, and her's had kept company with one that soared in the clear, blue sky. Ain't life strange? "S'cool..."

Then Viola's turning to leave, taking the bottle. Kid doesn't seem bothered by that. "Oh, yeah...Well. Hold on to it, finish it. You buy next time."

Yep. Gonna stretch out right here.

And he does, laying back on the grass, perfectly comfortable in this little patch of woods and scrub.

As she walks away, he calls sleepily after her from his prone position, "Thanks for the talk, Viola. Don't be a stranger. And don't go getting into too much trouble..."

By the time she's out of sight, Kid has fallen fast asleep.

Yep! Thanks for the great scene!
    Meninna | Cahalith
    WP: Essence: Primal Urge: ●●

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

"Yes." a nod, then a smirk. "She was a mother fucking bad ass."

A snort, "You sure you wanna let me buy?" it'd answer what her taste in alcohol were. "Fuck it. Whatever. I'll buy."

Her steps stop and she lets out a light laugh, "Fuck it man, you know me. When am I gonna get in trouble?" as full of sarcasm as she'd go. Fuck. Would Kid remember in the AM? She didn't know.

With no more words and the sounds of Kid falling deeper into sleep, the Rahu walks away.

This was super fun! Viola's soooo F-ing different then my other toons! Interesting to see how this plays out.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4