Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 38
DISPLAYED
Lets plan a fight

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    R
    Robert Longstreet

Sounds like they have a plan. Or what passes for it, given the many uncertainties.

He nods appreciatively when Cross lays out his tactical thinking. It's a good, comprehensive approach, not needing any addition or clarification

"You s-" He begins to reply to the Reeve when she authoritatively states her willingness to stand at the frontline, but bites his tongue. Although there is no other expression than "needlesly reckless" for having two Domain officials vulnerable to the first strike, it is obvious there's no changing that stance.

"I'll text you or brother Cross when things are clearer" He says instead, to rub away the previous words. Other than that, he has nothing to add. They have a general way to go about things. He has a role in it. More than Longstreet could hope for when one considers the tense beginnings.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist acknowledged Robert Cross 's note that he would stay out of her way with a dip of her head. A smile tugged at one corner of her lips at Alessandra 's firm statement about her own position in the room. This fight was starting to look like it could be most enjoyable. And she could not fault Alice Hart 's idea on her own placement. Especially with her hidden beast, even if she could not cloak herself fully in shadows, that would go a long way in maintaining her as a fail safe on their own fail safe.

"While fighting a bear is impressive, the enemies we will be fighting will make that fight pale in comparison." Twist says to Mable Wood , humor faintly coloring her voice at the woman's statement. "Given that your Beast marks you out rather significantly, I do not think that hiding in the rafters will accomplish much. They will know you are there. I would advise using it to your advantage and standing in the open. Perhaps not behind me... but to the side maybe? Be a thorn in their side, a distraction so that they are forced to split their attention between us at the front and you at the side."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

It seems that his recommendations have been taken to heart. This pleases Cross, even if it doesn't show on his face.

Accepting the pictures from Alessandra, he takes a moment to scrutinize them. Noting the number of rooms as well the placement of entrances and exits in the main space. His scarred visage is a mask of concentration.

"You're right, Reeve. These secondary rooms," he points them out on the pictures, "could prove useful. Another way of splitting their force." The best way to deal with superior numbers is to atomize them, break up the pack and pick them off one by one, or in smaller clusters. "It's something to remember when we're in there: if you're looking to change the shape or direction of the battle, you can always tactically retreat into one of these other spaces. Either to use the doorway for cover as you return fire, or to lure whoever you're engaged with into a more isolated position."

Cross gives Alessandra a secretive smile when she expresses her amazement at what can be done with shadows. If she's shocked by this, then she's got a lot to learn about that particular art. Cross can't help but think of David Regan, former Priscus of Shadows, who could appear as someone else, or hide whole groups under the Cloak of Night. "Alice and I can both do that work. We'll make sure they only see what we want them to see."

With a nod, the Burned Man acknowledges Longstreet's offer to keep him in the loop concerning his scouts. And then turns his attention to the exchange between Mable and Twist, "Her Grace has the right of it. Your Beast will give you away, Priscus," Cross sure has trouble ignoring it. "But that can be used to our advantage. It'll keep them off balance, unsure as to who they should go after first." After all Twist's own, more potent Monster is kept well-hidden. Not for the first time, Cross finds himself thankful for that fact.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listens as everyone speaks, nodding and jotting notes down.

Looking to Alice, "Afraid it's not as easy as I expected to get that cane. As it's an illegal weapon, my contacts have been a little difficult. Not to say I'm not trying, but there are a few factors coming into play that I didn't plan on initially. I will get you one, but for now, I can offer you a variety of knives, bigger and more dangerous than what you have." she promised Alice a cane sword, and she would make it happen. But she doesn't have the funds to make things go quicker. Which was a problem. But not Alice's problem.

"Seems we have a tentative plan here. Which is good." more than what they had last time. "I would hate to split our numbers, but if we find ourselves in that situation, then I suppose it's best on our terms." splitting up wasn't ideal, but, that'd work with what they had when the time came.

"If we're going to be adding extra junk to the space, then I want to do that as soon as possible. Prsicus Wood, would you be able to assist in that? Of course anyone can help that can, but the sooner we do it, the sooner we can get this done with. And might as well do it while Mr Longstreet is scouting." best get everything done now.

Nodding to Mable and Twist, "Our Beasts could very well throw them off." sounded like things were coming together.

"Ok, so we have plans. Great. Now lets get things moving forward and get this done. I plan on making some calls for some shotguns and knives, see what I can get my hands on."

Did we want to start wrapping up and get things moving forward?

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

6. Likes Psychangel liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"If we divide ourselves into these secondary rooms, it'll also divide whomever, or whatever Dirge brings with her." Alice points out, "Unless of course they're smart and try and clear rooms....but if Robert and I hide them, they might not even see that there's more then what we want them too."

Alice nods her smoothly inhuman nod, accepting Ale's offer of a larger more wicked blade. "You've had other fires to put out, I know my cane sword isn't a priority." it's a fantasy, one that she hopes'll come true one day, but Alice wasn't holding her breath.

"Yes, it sounds like we have a plan...but are we going to recruit anyone else?" Thinking of those who hadn't made it to this meeting, and of their newest arrival(s).

Sure, we have something of a game plan, and I want to get kicking Brood butt!
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist shifts in her seat, a precursor to standing, "If my assistance in some additional preparations is needed, simply let me know. Otherwise, I am inclined to agree that we have a plan and should begin the steps to start it."

"Additional restrictions would only hinder our movement when the night actually comes."

Especially given that in truth they knew very little about what they would be facing. It was impossible to plan for every situation and the more one tried the more one became tangled in their own plans.

Sounds good to me!
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

"I'd be more than happy to help with preparations," Cross volunteers before falling silent, apparently satisfied with their deliberations.

He waits to be dismissed, ready to get to work.

Good to wrap as well!

R
    Robert Longstreet

"Let me know if something else needs doing" are Longstreet's last words. So, they managed to stay civil and reach some workable conclusions?

A good omen.

No objections to wrap up!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread