Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick's head turns to Sasha at the mention of his name - only to offer an awkward smile. Wouldn't be the first time his nickname became the unintentional pun. "S'alright. If it were me, I'd choose the prettiest one." He says, unapologetically shrugging. "Looks aren't everything, but they catch the eye. Which color's your favorite?" he asks the Winter Sovereign. His own cupcake, with a single bite taken out, is a lovely deep purple. He'd actually hoped it would taste like plums, though plum-flavored sweets are few and far between. Or maybe that's just Ingrid again. Subliminal influence of her fragrant mantle. She's quick to follow up with a cupcake in hand, removing the need for Sasha to decide.

"Management, huh?" The Springs here seem to have their hands in everything. He doesn't voice the opinion aloud, but he would have thought another Winter would fill in that role. He smiles politely at Ingrid, looking back at Sasha for feedback. "Did you have help before? Staff or anything?"

Circe's surprise is met with a concerned look. "I never told you? Picked up 'Quick' on the road. Easier than giving out my name. But I was born James. Don't mind still using it." He shrugs. "Or Jimmy. Whatever works." Jimmy certainly has that familiar feel to it. Maybe this Freehold really is warming up to him. Circe certainly has.

Donovan's admission elicits further frowning. "Wouldn't be comfortable with that either. Ever thought of going back? Like... really planned on it?"

Thomas' odd way of speaking and intense interest irks Quick a little, but he's in too serious of a mood to focus on it. "Crime of passion. Used my hands. It was a good mimic, for sure. Lost gazing out from the docks. Just like I would do. So it hadn't seen me. Not till I was right behind it." He can't help but pantomime the moving of wringing it's neck. "It didn't take long. Felt like forever, though." The Levinquick gives Thomas a hard stare, half wondering if he enjoyed the thought. Creepy little man.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Quick asked if he'd told Circe his name she responded intelligently: "Nope."

She thought that was interesting at least for the explanation, "Eh that's fun. Circe my second name. Beats the first one, which was cause my friends didn't know Italian. Ha ha ha, they were basically calling me a bird brain the whole time," a evil grin then crossed her features, "So ya got many names then? I suppose Quick would get some odd questions, especially if a wing woman called ya that while tryin' to help ya," that got her to laugh, "Huh? Maybe I should come up with a name de jour for talkin' the normans."

Circe seemed cheerful about it, "Quick in private, James and Jimmy is fine. How do ya feel about Jimbo? Or just Jim?"

And the subject was fetches still. Circe knew plenty about the thing wearing her old face, its reputation preceded it. "Sounds like you were lucky Quick. It could'a been something powerful. Instead you got the drop on it and got some revenge on Them. Kudos!" She might have muttered something about being above her but it was lost in the cupcake she went back to munching. And Sera was still quiet.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Sasha

The Fairest was kinda sad she didn't get to partake in it, she was looking forward to it. Alas, perhaps she'd come back some other time and play with some others.

Shaking her head to Circe. "Uh, I don't think she has any sort of food allergies." But a Lost without Flashbacks was rare. "I don't think she has a gun, that I'm aware."

Taking up the glowing dessert from the Vernal Sovereign, she looked at it to admire it. "Thanks Ingrid." Full on licking a small top of the frosting off before she swallowed and spoke again. "Yes, Brigid was to be an assistant manager of sorts."

Nicknames weren't a favorite of the Winter's. As much as they were to be sort of personal or in fun, it never seemed that way. Yet, she'd wait to hear how Quick responded to all the questions from Circe.

"So, any other tasty things over there that I should try?" For some reason, Sasha was excited by all the glowing confections. She was never like this. But, it also gave her a tiny focus while she listened to Thomas and Donovan.

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

The Woodwalker shrugged when Thomas said replacing the fetch would be hard. Wasn’t unexpected and it wasn’t like his plan had been to not replace the fetch in the first place. Nothing gained, nothing lost. “I guess talk another time then.” Not a lot of new information but Thomas didn’t seem that bad. Bit skittish but from the way Alex had talked he’d thought he would have bolted or something. “I’ll be around. Just find you at the library?” he asked before reconsidering “How many libraries are in Sacramento. Assume you don’t work at all of them.”

He gave a slightly quizzical look “Back where? ‘My’ life? Not really.” He didn’t seem particularly shook up about it. “Never considered it an option.” Still wasn’t but he didn’t want to appear ungrateful. A high school drop out taking the place of a lawyer? Plus all the missed years where he hadn’t aged properly. He’d be satisfied so long as his family was safe.

He listened with a little interest when Quick explained his name was actually a nickname. "Never really got the whole choosin' a new name. Least not for fairy stuff. I figure there are enough Donovans out there, me comin' back ain't goin' to trigger any alerts."
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

6. Likes Travisc06489, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

Oh, what a wonder. To wipe your doppelgänger from the face of the earth. To wrap your hands around that usurper's throat and squeeze and squeeze and squeeze until...

Thomas seems to come back from a far away place, beady eyes still on Quick.

"And, hm, what happened then?" He asks in a small voice, keenly interested. "Did it...stay human or, um, human-like? After you...?" Thomas is suddenly, acutely aware that this line of questioning is not entirely appropriate for their current context. But he can't help himself. He has to know.

Those small, Mole's eyes, burning with curiosity, cut to Donovan. "Oh, um, very good. I work at the Sacramento State library, as a subject librarian. History. You can find me there, certainly. Or here." He gives the Woodwalker a poor approximation of an inviting smile, then looks back to Quick.

8. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

Sasha asks for another cupcake, and more than one Lost obliges, with Circe first to play hostess. Forgiveness and permission, huh? Well, the elf gets it. It is pretty disquieting what she says about changeling with flashbacks plus guns "You are not speaking from experience... are you?"

Sera remains silent and almost motionless. The natural host instinct is to go over there, ascertain if everything is alright, maybe help her get some air. Their last meeting ended less-than-pleasantly, however, and whatever aid he might offer could be interpreted as assault or being slick. There's her Autumn friend beside her, she'll see to her if needed.

Thomas' and Donovan's discussion winds down as the two prepare ground for a future meeting. Not needed now, Alex at least hopes he could offer something later, lest his sense of self-worth might never recover.

"My advice would be: try a bit of everything. We handpicked the food and can attest to its quality" He replies to the Winter Queen

So Quick was a killer? The man proved to be even more multi-faceted than the Darkling imagined, and there was no doubt in his mind the Levinquick will just keep surprising everyone.

4 Days to go! There's room for one more round if you feel like it, otherwise: thank you all for the Scene!

S
    Sasha

The Dancer shook her head. Not that she was all that concerned about looks, but, yikes. "I don't know, a bit of everything, someone may need to carry me home." She laughed modestly. "Okay, perhaps a couple of small things. I appreciate finger foods more now, you can sample a tiny bit of everything and not be concerned with wasting food." After all her time volunteering, she really hated to see food go to waste.

Quick's story didn't effect her. It may have long ago, but, not anymore. There was something about the Levinquick that seemed like he had repented for all he'd done so far.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shrugged at Donovan's indifference to the names, "Well Donovan names are pretty things but I didn't mind. My motley mates though were pissed when they found out." Circe tweaked her left ear up as she was thoughtful, "Eh I've had a few work names though, convenience."

Circe looked over at Alex, head tilted with a goofy grin, "Weeeeeell," she straightens her neck with a pop, "nope. It'd be stupid." Circe had a little trouble keeping her focus on Quick or Sera. The former due to curiosity and the latter out of concern.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.