Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
[PrP] Bismark Memories

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

([PrP] Bismark Memories)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

It was a pleasant day. A cloudless sky and just enough breeze to circulate the warm air. The tail end of summer; if the air had a particular quality or resonance (and the Moros was not about to Scrutinise it) Campanella felt it would have to be contentment. The rush of the early summer months was long gone and the hot, heady, days of midsummer were now fading away; what was left was the peace of having done everything that one had set out to do. Of simply being and enjoying life.

Oh! What a bliss to be ignorant!

Campanella raised fingers to massage the unwholesome thought away.

For the Sleepers, yes! Summer was a time of quiet enjoyment. But for the Pentacle there could be no relief. Hunted. Hounded. Heirs to a lost legacy and an empty Sanctuary. Even memory had been stripped from them. Memory of place and person; memory of deeds done and battles won. The Moros Mystogogue was no longer even certain his fragmentary notes, hinting at an Athenaeum under a museum, were even authentic anymore.

His one hope was Faye. Their one hope was Faye. The Acanthus Thyrsus claimed to retain the ghosts of memory about a place of power: a holding of her Order. A hotel called The Bismark.

It was high time they laid aside theory and put memory to the test.

Campanella waits for the others to arrive. He leans on his car, face now turned to the azure sky. The sun caresses him; the gentle breeze ruffles his hair timidly. So pleasant. He takes the few moments of peace when and where he can, these days.
    Orianna Faye Oculus Woland Tuesday Saber Sloth Sand deltadream Vigil roadnottaken

Prepared Spells:

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-09 03:07:08 Campanella to cast Shielding rote rolls 10 to Intelligence + Occult + Order Rote spec + Matter (10 Again) 10, 5, 8, 10, 7, 4, 7, 5, 3, 1, 3, 7 3 successes

Equipment:
    Car; Magical Tools: Knife, Book; Smartphone
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

O
    Oculus

This post basically fell apart for some reason, will create a new one shortly

O
    Oculus

The call was made, finally!

Oculus had decided to take a walk towards the meeting point, despite the significant distance. Or maybe because of it, since this is going to be his first serious commitment to the local Awakened community. Well, maybe 'community' isn't the right word - it sounds like there's more than just a few of them, and that they form any kind of organized structure. So no, not community. Family, then, maybe?

These considerations soon gave way to much more practical concerns: what are they going to find inside of Bismark? The place's been off the radar for so long, it might as well be housing the Great Old Ones by now. Thankfully, the shadows of doubt are cast aside when he sees the familiar shape of Campanella, leaning against his car. Oculus' own hoodied and jeans'ed persona approaches.

"Hey boss!" The friendly words escape his throat and a hand is extended in greeting soon after. Although Faye and Tuesday are nowhere to be found, he is certain they will show up. Here's hoping Vigil and Faye will, too.

Prepared Spells:
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-09 04:29:55 Oculus rolls 8 to Shield rote (Stamina+Athletics+Life+High Speech) (10 Again) 1, 6, 10, 8, 7, 2, 5, 4, 3 2 successes
      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-09 04:46:33 Oculus rolls 8 to Shield rote (Stamina+Athletics+Life+High Speech) (10 Again) 3, 5, 3, 10, 7, 10, 5, 1, 2, 8 3 successes

Equipment:
    Brass Knuckles, Generic Shotgun, Magical Tool: Coin, Smartphone, kevlar vest (thin)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

And so the day had finally come. After talking the subject to death, they were making their move. Time to look for the Bismark.

Would they find it? Would her memories lead them to it? Were her memories real? There were a lot of questions going through her mind as she drove up in her car. And she hoped there would be answers. But if not, well, at least she hoped it would be a fun adventure.

Shutting the car off, she steps out. Giving the beautiful weather, she had opted for white shorts and a loose fitting blue shirt. She loved summer, best season there was, cause shorts!

Smiling to Campy and Oculus, “Hey guys.” Greeted the Shaman, shoving her hands into her pockets. “Hope I’m not bringing us on a wild goose chase.” And she really hoped she wasn’t, she’d feel horrible.

Smart phone, dedicated magic tool(bracelet) car

Monthly spells of Mage Sight and Shield

5. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Feet were booted, and legs were jean'd, and her bewbs hidden by a bra! (it was yellow...there might be a Pikachu on it)

...which was hidden by a tank top.

"Sup~!" she sing songs, pep totally in her step, since. This was actually happening! Finally! Whoo!

....or maybe it was the ice cream sandwich she had for brunch.

"A chase, goosely wild, or not at all. At least it's better then gabbing about it. Since. Totally like a dead horse at this point." because zomg. Like seriously.

Since I'm back, I hope it's not to much trouble that I just hopped right in, if it is, Tuesday can get a Guardian phone call and will be Called Away, and if not, here's her Equipment!
    Magical Tool, phone, brass knuckles, active spells in minisheet
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

7. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella's eyes widen when Oculus arrives. "Welcome. Welcome. Glad you came... ready for... anything." He gives his fellow Mystogogue the once over. "Eh. I'd suggest the back seat. And eh... Try and hide the magic wand." He gestures to the longarm. "I'm hoping that this will be a fact finding mission only. But thanks for thinking ahead. We have no idea what me may face."

He could not fault the Shaman's preparation.

The Moros keeps an eye out for the others, inclining his head deeply when Faye arrives.

"This is not a wild goose chase. We need to know, one way or another. Whatever happens we learn something. I simply hope that what we learn is something we can put to use. Please." He gestures to his car as well.

"Tuesday!" He barks a laugh, caught completely by surprise when the Acanthus pops swaggers into view. "Join us!" He gestures to his car. He himself is moving around to the drivers side.

The interior is dark and leathery, smelling of polish and pine scented air freshener. There is heat in the interior, which thickens once people begin to pile in. Campanella leads by example, strapping himself in with cool poise. He rests his hands on the steering wheel before struggling round to look at his companions.

"I believe I've found your Bismark hotel. Its in downtown Sacramento. So... I propose that we drive over there and take a look. We can cruise the city streets and make a couple of passes if you want, so you can get a feel for the resonance. Then I could drop you off... I'll drive around a bit in case I've picked up a tail... And you can inspect the place on foot. I'll have my phone set up on speaker so I can come pick you up if... things happen."

He spared Oculus and his longarm a glance but said nothing. His fellow mystogogue did have a point, after all.

"What do you think?"

9. Likes liked this post
    O
    Oculus

And there they are, the two Lady Foxes in the flesh. So now they not only get to do the job, they get to do it with style. And a lot of quirkiness. For a second, Oculus wonders where is Tuesday's super soaker hidden. Smiles and greetings are returned as appropriate. Faye appears to be concerned about the validity of the whole thing and the mystagogue is about to answer, but then the Unicorn steals the words from him. So he simply nods. "Word"

"Yeah, sure" is his reply to Campanella having doubts about the boom-stick. Next thing you know, the Shaman is seated and strapped out back, shotgun tucked away safely out of sight "I know it's only recon, but you'd be amazed how much fact-finding you can do with shotgun in people's faces. Plus, like you said, we never know who shows up uninvited" Oculus waits until everyone else is in the car and the head mystagogue starts speaking again. The plan looks sound, especially given that are basically walking into the lion's den. Or are they?

"Plan works for me. In the meantime, how did you find the place? Did you learn anything about it in the process?" Unknows. Too many of them for any semblance of comfort.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Turning when she heard the unicorn,

“Hey! Love the shirt!” she was going to have to go clothes shopping with Tuesday soon, she always seemed to find the best shirts.

Nodding, “That is true, and yeah, kinda is a dead horse now.” They had talked it to death at the Circle.

Looking back to Campy, she smiles, “I hope we learn something too.” Her tone grateful for his trying to make her feel better about the whole thing.

Guess they were using his car, which was fine with her. The keys were taken out of her pocket and she pushes the button, the car beeping as the doors locked and the alarm was set. She was kinda in love with her car, it was a thing.

Keys go back into the pocket and she opens a door, sliding in. Seat belt was put into place as she looks around the car, “Nice car. Looks like you take good care of it.” She compliments, even though she thinks hers is better, but his was still nice. Quietly she wonders if his would stand a chance in a street race against hers? The thought brought a sly smile to her face.

But then Campys words bring her back, eyes widen, “You did?! Wow, how’d you manage that?” cause she didn’t even really remember where it was. “I’m game for being dropped off and wandering around. Maybe going inside will trigger some memories or something. Least I hope it triggers some memories, I’d really like to know the memories I have are real.” The last part was said a little more quietly. “But uh, Oculus, the gun is a no go for me. Not that I’m against them or anything, but yeah, lots of attention from that thing. And the last thing we need is extra attention while trying to figure this out.” She wasn’t trying to be a bitch, but a shotgun was going to stand out. And draw attention, and probably not get them into the building. “Though I like you thinking ahead.” She says with a grin.

“While I don’t doubt people being forth coming with a shotgun in their face, I’ve found being charming and batting some eye lashes gets a lot done.” It had always worked for her.

“And yeah, what he asked, I want to know how you found it.”

12. Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

(Bestow E-Luck)Mana 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Thank ya, thank ya." nod, nod, "I internet'd this one." it was hard to find awesome unicorn stuffs randomly. You hadda go out and finds it!

"So I'm not seeing things." When words were said about the shotgun. Because Shotgun. "Dude. Go in with guns you should expect to use it. Right meow. Recon. Investigation. Quiet. Not shotgun. If you wanna gun. Maybe something smaller. With a silencer. Or something." concealable plus quieter. "Ooooor since trying to covert." eyebrow arch. "Coverts."

Slipping into the car, "Since. Guns. Sleepers. Picture the crazy."

"Oh, and here." fingers work, glyph work expands, crisp and blue. Threads find the three other mages in the car. The spell takes, it's not a lot, but I might be the thing between life and death, a yes and a no, ice cream or broccoli.

"So, we two and twoin' this? I could go in after Faye, watch, wait, be poss back up etcetera." instead of asking how Campy had done it, since. Asked already.

1 suxx Bestow E Luck on Campy, Faye and Oculus
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-11 11:42:06 Tuesday rolls 1 to Dox 1 (10 Again) 5 failure
    2017-08-11 11:37:15 Tuesday rolls 6 to Bestow E Luck (Faye, Campy, Oculus) (Manip 3 + Persuasion 2 + Fate 3 -2 targets) (10 Again) 1, 9, 7, 1, 2, 6 1 success
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

14. Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella focused on his driving, heading quietly away from their meeting place near where the Circle stood. It was a leisurely drive and the Moros appeared intent on avoid as many of the major thoroughfares as possible till he reached the heart of the city.

"I figured it out the hard way. Internet searches. Many, many of them. Then went through the most common responses that came up... Whittled them down. Did a bit of research... Backed it up by going through public access archives at the library. Chasing up references in cultural articles and old news clips. Very hard to do. Mind numbingly dull. But... I think it was for the best. I didn't want to trip anything."

He spoke calmly and did his best to avoid look back at Oculus through the rear-view mirror. He could not help a feral grin as he felt Tuesday's spell settle into his Pattern.

"So I managed to find a few things out. Broad strokes. Nothing about an Awakened history or anything like that. So. For arguments sake, there is a building in downtown Sacramento. It is still called the Bismark... As in, the name is carved into the entrance way. It was a hotel. A long time ago..." And his mouth turns into a grimace as he says the words.

With a sigh, he continues. "But it isn't any more. First, a hotel. Then a Department Store. Then it was an office building for a time. Now its mixed retail and residential. Luxury apartments above; shops below. The building... Or the shell, I should say, has some heritage listing. But thats about it. No hauntings or spooky strangeness that many grand old buildings often pick up."

He lapsed slowly into silence once the traffic began to thicken.

16. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread