Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe grimaced and groaned as if Alex had made a bad pun when he brought up "alone time" in a bathroom. Double entrees. The possibility that Roberts was on the payroll had not occurred to Circe. [COLOR="#FFD700"]"Huh? She was? Thought she was just being annoyed with us. I mean, she was the one that did the trap to arrest the guy right? Her collar or whatever."[/COLOR"]

That was why Circe figured the cop's number had been on the telephone. Or at least that was what she thought Alex had meant about having the cops bust the guy: set up a sting so he had to contact the cops. Oh well, not her problem.

The prospect of keeping the police involved limited what Circe could bring. [COLOR="#FFD700"]"My own, hmm, offensive contributions will be somewhat limited compared to such a police presence. Unless we are talking about acting in the green."[/COLOR"]
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

The dealer nods in acquiescence. The deal has been struck. His eyes narrow as he whispers the next to Donovan alone. "Midnight, exactly. Look for a ruined store by the tallest tower. Close. So close to the club! I will be there." He watches the three go, practically salivating. As the door closes, the muffled sound of maniacal laughter can be heard.

As the three depart the interrogation room, the guard asks "All set? Let me know when to call Detective Roberts back."

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

Donovan makes a low grumbling sound in his throat as they leave the room and the laughing dies away. He was still pretty sure this was the right thing to do but that last manic giggle had a way of seeding doubt that he might just be doing the dirty work of a madman. Donovan shrugged and fell into step behind the others.

“Awful lot of doors in a bathroom,” Donovan commented. If this man in purple was behind this operation there was a good chance he wasn’t mortal. “Wide open space would be better.” Less chance of escape, more time to shot arrows while distance was closed. That could potentially be behind was of those very stall doors. Maybe getting him into the Hedge should be the plan.

“You sure we shouldn’t talk about this some place less…,” he glanced around the station “departmental?”

“Don’t see how you came that conclusion but a’right.” Alex claiming Roberts was on payroll seemed a jump to the Wizened but it wasn’t like he’d be trying to talk with a detective anyway. He just shrugged and accepted it.
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

A
    Alexander Brown

"We don't call Roberts, this thing's just gone well above her pay grade, if you know what I mean" He says to the man overseeing the room "We'd like to talk to her supervisor instead" He doesn't request, nor does he demand. He simply informs of the need and expects it to be satisfied. It's not like it makes any difference to the cop.

Alex doesn't seem to mind their location. They aren't in the open, the officers are busy and probably not in the mood to stick their noses where they don't belong. So he doesn't move from their quiet niche.

"The quinary, remember?" The issue of Roberts being dirty or not is not of prime importance right now, they can deal with that later (or he can, alone) but his reasoning needs explaining "It has five as the base. The name 'Cindy' has five letters. That guy there mentioned she'll remain after Waiting and his ring are done for. And Roberts is the only element commonly known to both us and him to fit that description. Also, 'hidden shame', from her own questioning. It all makes perfect sense!" He does sound kind of crazy. Then again, he's just conforming to the theme.

He turns to Circe now "Not necessarily. We're already acting outside every conceiveable procedure, if you shoot someone and cry self-defence no one will bat an eye, especially if he was to by shot by the cops anyway" He now focuses his attention on Donovan "Not much open space there, I'm afraid. Small rooms, filled with people.It'd be ideal to bring something smaller or more... effective up close. A bow might be good if we manage to find you a vantage point" He looks expectantly towards the elf again, since he didn't notice any before - not that he was looking.

"What did he whisper to you, anyway?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shrugged "Whatever, I got papers to carry anyway, so eek he's coming right for me I shall shout," was Circe's response to Alex's advice for shooting bad guys. Besides, it was his ass not hers as Mary didn't exist anyway. Or alternatively, "Or, you know, kneecaps," she gleefully chirped.

As for what the man said, "Crazy boy said: exactly midnight at a ruined store by the tallest tower. Close to the club. He'll be there. Might make cops more trouble, having a fugitive there and all. I said the cops part, not him."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The cop nods. He picks up a corded phone from the wall next to him and dials out.

"Is the Lieutenant busy?" A beat. "The civilians Roberts called in want to pass a message over her head. Yeah, I know, but whatever, right?" He hangs up the phone and shakes his head.

"L T will be expecting you. Down the hall and to the right. You'll see a 'Lieutenant Meyer' on the door."

Their interview is concluded, the three have little IC time plan before the night's operations. Whatever information they share with the Lieutenant will determine if the police are going to be present before or after their confrontation. I suggest having a dialogue OOC and then putting your decisions into the next round of posts, which should be a conversation with the LT.

A
    Alexander Brown

Alex follows the officer's directions and knocks on the doors to the lietuenant's office. When let in, he's quick to check if the other two follow him inside - for the purpose of necessary introductions. After those are squared away, the Darkling seamlessly proceeds to why they're really here.

"Lieutenant Meyer, I'd like to take a moment of your time to discuss what me and my associates have discovered during an interview with the man you've recently arrested. He's confirmed to be an employee of one Lee Waiting, an owner of the local nightclub called 'Ouphoria'. According to his testimony and our previous visit on the premises, Mr. Waiting uses his club as a base for his drug smuggling operation - flooding the streets with product like that one found in the detainee's system. We have witnessed first-hand its hallucinogenic capabilities and were in fact offered to distribute it after Mr. Waiting mistook us for prospective employees"

That's more or less what they've agreed to tell her. Walking the line between 'improbable' and 'circumstancial evidence'.

"Therefore, we advise immediate action against Mr. Waiting and his club. We'd also request to be present at the scene during the arrests and the seizing of any assets"

He smiles towards the (wo)man. It's not the smile of a friend, merely one you;d find on a person that knows what they;re doing and are simply seeking to make your life easier.

Meyer, a large, grizzled, thick-necked man 'tamed' by his professional attire, looks up from his desk. The stack of papers in his hands and the glasses on his face almost look comical in contrast. He listens to Alex's testimony, eyes narrowing at the mention of the club.

"Mr. Brown, is it? You've got a lot of friends in this city." he says, sounding impressed. "For good reason, it seems. So you actually got that nut in there to crack? Roberts didn't think you could do it." With a sense of urgency, the massive man stands, sets his papers down, and straightens his tie. He grabs his jacket from a hanger and starts putting it on as he walks. Clearly he's been waiting for news.

"I haven't been able to get a damn thing to stick to that club. Never had a real reason to justify a warrant. It's like the fucking Mafia! You know exactly what they're up to, but you just can't prove it. Well, this is reason enough. Hah! We're going in now. I suggest you head over as quickly as you can. Just keep a safe distance. Until the suspects are apprehended. Thanks." He offers a handshake after getting both sleeves into his jacket. Wasting no time, the Lieutenant makes his way past the three - no doubt rounding up whoever he can spare.

Another uniformed officer shows up a moment later and ushers the three back out to the lobby at the front of the station.

The police are making their move on the same day as this thread. Please post your exits from the scene upon the conclusion of any further IC discussions and I will link the next one.

A
    Alexander Brown

Alex listens to the grizzled man with a growing sense of achievement. He may not be much help during the actual fight, but at least he's brought substitutes. Which counted for something.

His handshake is accepted "Ah, yes, Ms. Roberts. I believe we'll have to talk about her another time" he says to the policeman's back as he leaves his office. "We'll try to keep our distance. Some of us are pretty...exctable, though. But we'll toe the line, I promise" Except when they won't.

He quickly finds himself among the others in the lobby and then outside. There's no time for speeches or lengthy preparations.

This ends today.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread