Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A call from the precinct for Alexander

THREADID

*ring ring*

A
    Alexander Brown

He's been expecting the call for some time now.

"Is it done?" He sais after confirming the number does belong to his precinct contact.

The telltale muffled noise of a corded phone going off speaker greets the Summer Monarch. "We got him. The sting was a total bust, though. Guy took off running, and we almost lost him. By the time we found him, whatever stash he had on him was gone. I think he ingested it - whatever 'it' is. Waiting on toxicology labs to get back to us, but I don't know how this drug works. He might be dead before we get the results back." He goes silent for a moment. "Better do what you have to quick. He's high out of his mind and talking crazy."

A
    Alexander Brown

Now this is fucking great

"What do you mean 'talking crazy', what did he say?" A moment of pause, then a sigh "Did you find anything on him? A cellphone, anything?"

And here he was, thinking this is going to be a walk in the park.

"Anyway, I'll bring over some associates of mine. Just so you know"

"Just nonsense." he says with no small amount of contempt. "If I had to guess, he's hallucinating. Keeps describing things that aren't there."

"He had the burner phone on him. No ID. You're welcome to scroll through his recent calls, but there are no contacts saved tot he phone. Smart. For a junkie."

He sighs unceromoniously into the receiver. "They do anything crazy its on you. And me. Come down to the station and check in with Detective Roberts. She'll be waiting."

A
    Alexander Brown

"They won't. I trust them, and that means so can you" He says, when the man on the other side expresses his doubts. Then, the call ends.

Time to get this show on the road.

Closed Thread