Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smirking, “She can make agreements with whom she sees fit, doesn’t mean I will.” Ingrid didn’t speak for her, and she wasn’t making deals with Alex. Not until she knew what was going on and if she could trust him. “And you’re right, you haven’t convinced me, and you can stop trying to. My opinion and mind won’t be swayed until I talk to all parties involved and form my own thought on it.” She doesn’t take what people say at face value. Years of experience have taught her better than that.

Must resist the urge to roll eyes.

“It’s not a place for a party, it’s an attraction for the park that brings in revenue. As far as justifying anything, that’s Mhairi’s business, not mine. The building doesn’t belong to me, it belongs to her, and she can move it as she sees fit. And last I checked, we didn’t need permission to things like create an attraction. Or is it because she didn’t check with you first?” wow, raw nerve much? “When she made the decision to move it, I think she was the only Autumn. And that piece of private property was hers. It’s none of our business what she does with her property. So let me get this straight…” she begins, “Mhairi decides to move the boarding house into Funderland to make it into a haunted house attraction, which from what I can tell has been a hit. But by doing that, she’s being selfish and only thinking of herself?” was she understanding this right? “And with Halloween coming up, it’s going to draw one hell of a crowd, bring in much needed money. Has anyone, oh I don’t know, asked Mhairi if she plans to use some of that money to open a new boarding house? Or are we all about making assumptions now?” she was really getting tired of this.

Her head shakes, “See, I don’t see this as you do. I don’t see Sasha being able to lead or make tough calls. We’ve had this new system in place for a couple months and people already have their panties in a bunch over one little spat. And you’ve been in the Freehold just as long and already you know who would make the best leader.” This time she does roll her eyes, she can’t help it. “I think you’re bringing it up now cause you want to taint the water before Mhairi has a chance to speak to anyone. Which is fine with me, it’s opened my eyes to a few things.” She was really having a hard time keeping her cool about this.

“I don’t want what you are selling or giving away for free. If it get piss in my face, so be it. But it will be because I took the time to listen to each side of this little story before running off halfcocked.” She really wants this talk to be over with. But something tells her walking away now will lead to things being said she should hear.

Her attention shifts to Ingrid, her reasoning one she could get behind.

Head nods as she listens, she was finally hearing something that made sense. But she doubted the Wisp would go over the top. While she was quite sure she had a temper, she didn’t think she was as hot headed and hell bent on power as Alex claimed.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander grins as if he was just told Christmas is going to happen twice this year.

"So that's what you're getting at, you little Bakuninist you!" He says towards Ingrid, and the amusement only barely hides genuine appreciation that there's finally someone willing to play ball "Personally, I was always a fan of well-developed bureaucracy. It's neutral. It's safe, keeps the otherwise unlimited power in check. Hence, you know, this" He visibly glances towards his briefcase in which the constitution now rests "I still think your model would require some rules to work. Written on paper or in the Wyrd. We'll probably have to work out some details, too. But it seems we all want the same: a transparent society in which the leaders serve the rest, and not the other way around - even if our methods are different."

His smile shrinks to a manageable size. It'd be weird to grin all the time, especially given what he has to say "But no matter. The Spring will have a seat at the Big Three, and you will have your cooperative, that I can promise you. But all of those can only happen under a more... stable administration. Help me, and we will finall make this Freehold as it was meant to be - a free society of equals. Where everyone will have a say. Mhairi too." Alex nods and now his smile disappears completely, gradually "I may have to do that. I know a real estate agent who'd give me a good price. It was clear for some time that we need something permanent as far as accomodations go" Wait, did she just use the word Desire? Nice play, Your Highness.

"Originally, I planned to wait with making it public until Winter, when the Pledge disappears for good. Mostly for safety purposes, I have to admit lack of knowledge as to their fine details - like if they can be used for malicious purposes after they're made" It's really an obscure matter to him, and the various dark stories about promises gone awry don't exactly help "But I may want to advance the timetable if she forces me to. Either way, we'll have a discussion about it and hopefully put all of this behind us" Here's hoping, anyway.

His expression turns a bit sour when Sera speaks her mind, but then the internal salesman kicks in, and it's all business again within seconds. It seems the Nix is actively encouraging him to work above her head. It's an arrangement he'd prefer to avoid, but if that's what she wants...

"You're not listening to me. There's a world of difference between a laser tag arena or a wishing well and a house that used to be home for many. From moving the original here she gains nothing she wouldn't gain anyway with a copy, and neither does the Freehold. But the Freehold loses a safe space. It's not about not checking with me. It's about not checking with you. Or anyone else. It seems to be an emerging pattern here, really - announce your decision and then expect everyone to obey it without question" He scoffs at what she says next "Don't be naive, you're smarter than that. Even putting aside all that I've just said, your theory is that she spends a lot of money to decomission a boarding house that already is there in order to raise the money to buy a new one, quite possibly of worse quality? I mean, did you even see real estate prices recently? She's never going to make enough from a theme park attraction. I really hope you're wrong and that's not her plan, because with business decisions like that we're filing for bankruptcy within the year"

"I beg to differ" He says, all polite when the topic changes to Sasha "And I derive that opinion from several discussions we've had so far. And one more little trait - when we had our little... disagreement with Mhairi, she didn't pick a side. She told us both to shut up and work it out. Circumstances prevented this, but she is the best guarantee we can have that disputes will be solved amicably and that she will take everything into consideration when making a decision, asking for everyone's opinion. Not to mention she's been here the longest, enduring Fairweather and whatever else this Freehoid faced over the last couple of years. Name one person who can match such a mandate" He pretends not to see Sera rolling her eyes. He's here for results, not bickering over such pointelss gestures "Spoil the water? If that's what you call taking the time to explain things Mhairi apparently doesn't care to explain, then fine. As I've already told you multiple times, you can ask for her side of the story. I'd even encourage you to do that. After all, there's no better way of proving my point" A shade of a smile visits Alex's face, and then is gone like nothing happened "And when all is said and done, you will be left with two options: support the status quo with all the telltale signs that this leadership is going to be ineffective at best and tyrannical at worst... or you can take your chances with us and facilitate change you'll be the primary architects of"

His love for theatrics makes itself known once again with the moments of measured silence, interrupted only by the ambient sounds of Hedge flora.

"I'm giving you a choice. That's more Mhairi will ever have for you"

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid continues listening, even smiling along. Up to a point.

"Good to see you have your mind made up. Follow your Desire." The Darkling did not move. "But yeah... You might want to wait. Don't want the Wyrd to bite you in the ass."

A caution and a suggestion. If the leadership was as ineffective as he claimed, they would have an example of it by then; an example they all could see. If they did not, perhaps the Summer Courtier's true motives might be revealed.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

She was still having a hard time wrapping her mind around signing a goddamn piece of paper.

And thoughts flooded through her mind. If this little piece of paper got put into effect, what would she do? Could she stay in a Freehold that relied on paper? Could she stay in a Freehold that went against someone she considered a friend? The first person she had considered a friend in years. These were things she was going to have to decide, so when the time came, if it came, she could act accordingly.

And part of her wanted to tell Alex to wipe his ass with that paper.

Looking to Ingrid, “Well congrats a head of time with this whole mess on the seat. Though in my opinion it does more damage to only have a table of three as opposed to four. There are four Seasons represented within the Freehold and four should be seated there, not three. But I digress.” She wouldn’t sit at the table, not with Sasha as Director and Alex as Groundskeeper. Well, she wouldn’t sit at it with Mhairi as Director either.

Yeah, that’s what he wants, a stable administration. He wants an administration that he approves of and puts into place. One where he has a seat on the board.

“Oh I’m listening, I’m just not caring. I gave my opinion and that’s it.” She was done with discussing what Mhairi does with her property. It wasn’t her business, nor was it his. But trying to explain that was like talking to a brick wall.

“I’m well aware of how smart I am.” Which is why she called bullshit on this mess.

“And no, real estate isn’t my thing. I stand by her decision, and that opinion is not changing.” There was an edge to her tone now. He could push and push and talk all he wanted, she was done listening to it.

“Been here the longest, but wasn’t put into the Director’s position when it came up. Interesting.” And she shrugs. Sasha was nice, she’d give her that, but a Director. No.

“We all come and go at a moments notice. Being the longest resident doesn’t make you the best leader or the one best suited for a job.
    It just means what it is, you’ve been here the longest.” Good for you.

“I don’t need your encouragement to do anything. Nor do I expect my opinion or stance on the subject to change. And it’s clear to me you don’t know Mhairi.” Her eyes remain on him a few moments before looking to Ingrid.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

5. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

This is getting him nowhere.

He's becoming increasingly frustrated, and that condescending bit from Ingrid about following his Desire doesn't exactly help matters. Although what she says next, about the Wyrd "biting him in the ass" sounds more like a threat than anything else. He chooses not to respond directly or reveal he'd taken her statement the way he did. Alex simply raises an eyebrow in a questioning gesture. If she elaborates, it'll show she's simply trying to give an advice. If she doesn't - it'd mean he is right.

But regardless of waht the Queen does, the Summer still has his game face on. "People who willingly exclude themselves from politics don't get to complain when the state of affairs is not to their liking. I'm giving you a ticket in. You don't trust me and I'd be surprised if you did, so be the change you want to see. Put a motion out there to reorganize the Leadership and establish regular open meetings to discuss current affairs - I'll be the first one to support it. Why do you care so much who is Director, anyway? You said politics bore you"

It seems that Sera chose the approach of the Three Mystic Apes on the Edna's issue. He could, of course, argue about it passionately for the hours to come, but has a feeling it'd only cause the Nix to be more aggressive and hurt his case overall. So he drops the subject for now, but definitely isn't done with it.

"Neither does a short tenure make me, or anyone else, unable to know a good leader when I see one. With long tenure, however, comes experience and perspective, which is just what we need in this weird and scary world of ours." He makes a brief pause to facilitate shifting his focus "It's a funny word, anyway - leading. When we spoke, Mhairi equated it with ruling. But we all know that's not accurate, don't we?" The two have an eye for details, surely they will catch his meaning.

This conversation is clearly headed somewhere, and he'd rather pick that direction himself. That's why he inhales deeply, feeling his lungs with the hot air of the Hedge and then letting it escape, only to start speaking again soon after "Look, I'm not some moustache-twirling villain. I'm not trying to get you to turn on your friend, or whatever else you think I'm doing. Everything I said so far - about the death sentence, the lack of transparency and a lot of other things - had only one goal: to convince you both to keep your mind open about the idea that she's not the best choice for Director, and that we might do better" A beat "I have no hate nor contempt for Mhairi, even though she tried to have me killed for no reason. I don't like her, certainly, and that sentiment is obviously reciprocated. But this isn't about who likes who. It's about who gives us the best shot at thriving"

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid rose her eyes and flashed them at Sera.

"There is only ten of us. We don't need a big... adminy...thing...."

Rocking back against the tree she stared up into the canopy.

"Yes. I'd like our Court to be on the management team. But I thought Court's were not that big in the Freehold. If I misunderstood and in fact they are. Then we need a seat. But if not... I still reckon we got enough. Anyway. Enough!"

She look back over at Alex, gesturing helplessly.

"You're nuts, right? If you got yourself into a Pledge with Mhairi and you start trying to challenge or unseat her, the Wyrd could strike you because you've gone against the Pledge. You'll have gone against the spirit or the letter of the wording. And when the Wyrd strikes it'll brand you. And you'll loose whatever credibility you got, depending on whatever the fuck curse is levied on you." Her voice rasped. "Of course, I could be wrong. It all depends on what kind of Pledge you took out with the Head Fae."

She shrugged.

"Wait out the term of the Pledge, then test the waters with her if you feel the way you do. Is all I'm saying."

Tilting her head, she rubbed at her nose.

"OK. I'll think on it. When we next have a big gathering... I just might ask something or two. About what the management has done. And what we can expect. And just how far they can reach."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

First was the smirk, then a full on amused look, “Who said anything about me complaining? I have no issues with how things are being run. Seems to me the only issues with things thus far are coming from you. So no, I don’t want your ticket ‘in’.” she did the air quotes around ‘in’. “I’ll mention wanting Spring in on the meetings to Mhairi, but I’m not going to get in a tizzy if it doesn’t happen. But I know Mhairi and I know she’ll see it as being a benefit to the Freehold as a whole. This is a new system, there are bound to be bumps and problems as we go on.” Had she mentioned she was done with this? “Politics bore me, yes, but if I don’t see any problems or issues with how things currently are than I see no reason to change them. Not really all the difficult.” Unless you had a thick head.

“Yes, experience comes from tenure, but it was Mhairi who stepped up, no Sasha. And that speaks volumes to me.” She wasn’t going to defend her thoughts and opinions to a Summer.

“Hate to burst that little bubble,” actually, she doesn’t, “But it hasn’t changed my mind the slightest. I’ll talk to her, but I have trust and faith in her and what she’s done thus far.” He can talk as smooth as he wants, but the only person that would sway her opinion was the Wisp herself.

And then Ingrid was bringing up some great points. Would she find it amusing if the Wyrd bit him in the ass? Probably. But she also wasn’t looking to make enemies either, so that thought was kept to herself. Enemies or not, she wasn’t going to jump on a band wagon to change how things were because he got his feelings hurt. It was petty and there were more important things to focus on.

Well, that would make for a fun gathering. And she wondered how it would go. There was no way of knowing, especially without seeking out Mhairi and seeing what was going on. Though she has a feeling things were being blown out of proportion for reasons she wasn’t sure about yet. Which was why she hated politics. It was who could sling mud and spread the most lies to get into power.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

9. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander sighs. In this sigh all of his disappointment focused, all of his... wishful thinking.

Did he really figure someone as stubbornly loyal as Sera could be swayed by arguments, however good or bad they were? Well, the joke is on him. All that remains is to make himslef scarce and cross his fingers that at least Ingrid would keep an open mind about it. She was naturally inquisitive, which could work in his favor.

"It's like I told you" He says to the Verdant Queen "We've changed the system out of practicality. Doesn't mean the Courts disappear overnight. They are a fact of life, because the Wyrd is a fact of life. Meaning you have to take them into account" He smiles politely with that "QED" kind of smile.

So not a threat, then? Good to know, but her advice doesn't sound pleasant or encouraging at all. He could pursue the topic further, but decides not to - for one, because Wyrd punishment doesn't really logically follow from attempts to unseat Mhairi if one considers the words and structure of the Pledge he swore. The second reason to abstain was standing right beside Ingrid. But, in order to bring some kind of closure to it all, he says "Come on, it was a negative kind of Pledge: 'I am not X', not a promise of help. I don't really see the Wyrd 'biting me in the ass' as you so graciously put it... but I'll wait it out, nonetheless" Thanks, Nancy Drew!

"Do you really know how things are run now? This is a new situation for all of us, you said it yourself. The difference between us is that you see Mhairi as a friend - but I had the chance to see her as Director. And what she said, how she said it and how she acted bothers me deeply. Take that from someone who's been part of the pissing contest for a long time and has no reason to harm the Freehold" He was talking to Seraphina now, if anyone here had any doubt "So we should discard a chance at improvement simply because things are acceptable? I have to say, I didn't expect such complacency. Not from you, anyway" As strange as this may sound, he still respects the woman. She's loyal. She's tenacious. And capable. But it seems they aren't going to be friends, at least for a while. "But it seems I have overstayed my welcome. I've made my argument - what you do with it is entirely up to you. I wish you both a good day" He is fully prepared to leave after exchanging the customary pleasantries unless stopped by word or deed.

"Oh, and about that cooperation - the offer is still on the table. If you reconsider, you can call me any time"

Feels like we've hit something of a wall, so... a wrap?

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks. I'll keep it in mind," Ingrid replies.

"I get your point, I really do. But its something that I need to see for myself. You understand I'm sure."

The Darkling watched Alex turn back along the trail, knowing full well he'd have to travel a bit before he could cut his way through the Hedge. She let her gaze drop onto Sera, inviting her Courtier to speak.

Only once - or indeed, if - Sera takes the opportunity will Ingrid move. "We should probably catch him up. Hedge is wild these days. Best we head back as a group."

Its a logical place to wrap things. Nice plottings

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

So the Wyrds a fact of life but lets trust our safety and words to a fucking piece of paper? That almost made her laugh out loud, almost.

It bothered him cause it didn’t go his way and she took away his shiny title.

This was bullshit. But Sera was done wasting her breath on it.

She looks at Alex as he continues his little talk, a look of utter boredom on her face. It was absolutely clear by her face she was done with him and could careless what he was saying.
    Mentally, she had already checked out, only hearing a word here and there.

As he finally walks away, she looks to Ingrid,

“Sorry, but that was a bunch of crap to me. Until I talk to Mhairi and Sasha, I won’t believe a word he utters.” The edge had crept back into her tone.

She doesn’t move to follow Ingrid, “I’m good.” She didn’t know if she was good, but her blood was still boiling and she didn’t want to be around him anymore. Taking her chances and walking back alone sounded perfect to her at this point.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.