Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

After spilling her guts to a literal stranger - and one that because of his nature meant she didn't think to filter, Mhairi realized that she definitely needed some time to....to...

...vent. Honestly.

Hey if you're free could you meet me at my workshop?

Mhairi sends off, then after a moment thinking that the Treasured would think that this had something to do with 'spinning, she added:

I have booze for me and cake for us both!!

After waiting a while on this side of the Thorns seeing if Sera would reply, Mhairi made her way into the Hedge, a singlemindedness driving her to her Hallow. Once there, she set the bags of goodies on her birch wood desk. It glared at her. The wisp, in the mood she's been in glared back and moved the bags right over the eye.

Wearing a worn sweater the design had definitely seen better days, the hems were frayed and the collar was stretched. Black and grey plaid jammy bottoms hung off her hips, and her sock clad feet pawed around the space - the wisp having kicked off the shoes she'd worn here before she set the bags down.

Knocking the shoes to the side, Mhairi started to unload the bags, first the vodka.

Then...noting really.

The Wisp opens the bottle, looks at the glassware she brought, shrugs, and just takes a swig.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The text had asked her to meet Mhairi at her workshop. Then another mentioned booze for the Wisp and cake for them both. Which was odd, cause she didn’t say why she wanted to see the Nix. So Sera wasn’t sure if it was important, or if she just wanted to hang out.

So she dressed rather quickly in case it was something serious, cause, she didn’t know. So black yoga pants were thrown on with a black tank top over which she had a hoodie and a hat. There was fingerless gloves and if it wasn’t for her beauty and sapphire eyes, she could probably pass unnoticed. She can do casual, see, no makeup, but it would never allow her to go unnoticed.

Walking into the Hollow, Sera hoped to cause less concern this time by choosing pants with no holes in them. See, she had been paying attention.

Spotting the Wisp, and the bottle she was drinking out of, she pauses. Her mouth watering at the idea of taking her own swig from the bottle. The comforting burning sensation, the warmth that would spread through her body, all memories of a different time in her life.

Continuing her walking, “Hey, Everything ok? You didn’t say why you wanted me to stop by.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Sera enters and Mhairi gives the Treasured a wave, or she tries to. It turns out it's more of a wiggle of the bottle.

"Not really." Mhairi freely admits, "You seen the note I did up and posted?" Quicksilver coated fingers loosen their hold on the bottle so she could reach into the bags still on the table. She pulls out a store bought ice cream cake, placing it on the small desk and going back to get paper plates and some cutlery.

"See, cake. Which is also ice cream." which can't hurt.

Mhairi grabs the big knife she brought along and starts cutting off pieces, placing one of a plate for Sera, which she offered to the Nix. Another ends up on her own plate, but Mhairi returns to the bottle. Wondering if her piece would just melt there on the plate if she decided to push the slice around on the plate instead of eat it.

It would be a shame to just let it all melt.

Mhairi takes up a fork and eats a bit of the frosting.

There. She'd eaten some.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The urge to grab the bottle and take a swig from it was strong. Silently the Nix reminds herself of what she was before. The addict she was, the mess.

Walking closer she nods, “Yeah, I saw it. Wasn’t sure what to think of it, but figured if there was something to it, you’d say something.” Shrug. She trusted the Wisp enough to tell her if there was something serious going on.

Wait…was that an ice cream cake?!

“Really?! An ice cream cake?! You know the way to this girls heart!”
    she says patting her heart with a smirk. The plate was eagerly accepted and a bite taken. “Oh, this is awesome.” Her mouth still kinda full of ice cream cake.

She then picks the piece apart, first eating the frosting, then the actual ice cream. Sure, it was weird, but she had a method.

Eyes watch Mhairi take a bite, just a bite. An eyebrow was quirked, “So, by the way you are diving into that piece, I take it there’s something on your mind?” the Nix was curious.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Yes, really an ice cream cake." a smile, "I'm uh-there's....I'm a girl and I know how awesome ice cream and cake are, and the both of them together is just swell." Pushing herself up from her seat, Mhairi drags another chair over for the Nix to sit, if she wanted.

As she spoons the cake around her plate, her lips quirk upward as she notices Sera's own method of eating her ice cream cake. Which, honestly was very similar to how Mhairi would eat it if, she was in a better mood.

"There is something to it. So....uh. Yeah. This is me. Trying to talk about it." Mhairi tries to smile, while knowing it's completely failing to look like a smile. "Which, is uh-what's been on my mind. There's a lot there." Mhairi shrugs, "Remember when Brown - Alexander first showed up? How he had all that info he really shouldn't have had? Well, that's stayed with me. He'd come out and said he'd been spying on us long enough to have that sort of info." the wisp sighs, "And...he, Sasha and I had a meeting. We were talking about a lot of things, including bringing on the Sovereigns - or well just Ingrid now, since Brown's the Summer King. As a part of a council, or advisory role, we talked about reworking the old Freehold Pledge into something that wouldn't weigh on the Sovereigns as heavily as the old one used to.

"Then He started going on and on about a Constitution he wanted to bring in, but he just wanted all of us to sign it, the paper. Not bind it in the Wyrd, no Pledge, or Oath....I didn't like that, at all."
    another sigh, the spoon dances on the plate, it's partner already melting a little. "I don't know, I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but he made me mad. Angry, furious. I accused him of being a traitor....it wasn't pretty. And demanded of him a Pledge to prove to me he wasn't. It...it took a long ass while for him to Pledge, not even the one I proposed, but one that's going to last until the sixteenth of October....A Season since the Pledge was sealed. So I know he's not a traitor to the Lost....and apparently that was supposed to be a magic fix...I guess it is in a way. I know he's not a Loyalist or a Privateer, but....I told him that only after the Pledge was made, would I be able to try and start to trust him.

"After months of paranoid thoughts running rampant....and the anger and my demands....the realization that I'm just an irrational mess around the person who's supposed to be responsible for enforcing my will, and making sure the 'hold's safe...I knew I couldn't keep him as my Groundskeeper. I said I'm choose his replacement, and if my choice would need his connections, or him, he could be Deputized. Work his way back up - but he stormed out before that last bit, maybe by then I could trust him for him, instead of in the wyrd that binds his words."
    that didn't sounds as crazy as she feared it would, but at the same time, maybe it was the distance....or maybe it was the vodka.

"Question away, if you want. I'm...I'm sure I might have missed something." says the wisp as she grabs up the bottle and takes another swig, enjoying the burn and the way everything was beginning to feel fuzzy around the edges.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Laughing as she sits in the chair, “Hey, you don’t have to justify ice cream cake to me. This stuff is amazing!” cake that was also ice cream?! Hell yeah!

An eyebrow was raised as Mhairi began to talk. The spoon still working on the cake, but her attention was focused more on the Wisp. Giving that Mhairi was an Autumn, Sera knew this was difficult for her.

Her head nods, she remembered when Alex first showed up. It stayed with her as well, but she just filed it away, not really spending too much time on it.

Ah, politics. Such a headache, and something she never liked. “Personally, I think having all the Seasons represented on the council is a wonderful idea.” But she had a feeling that wasn’t the point so far.

The other eyebrow quirked, a piece of paper? “Whoa, wait a second here…a piece of paper?” did she heart right. “Why the hell would we want Oaths or Pledges on a piece of paper that could fall into the wrong hands? How the hell would that even work?” sounded like a bunch of crap to her. Signing a piece of paper, which would leave a paper trail to them? Oh hell no. She’d walk out of the Freehold before she did that. Not that she wanted to, but she won’t be part of a paper trail that would be her at risk.

Whoa…a traitor?! Yikes.

A long breath was released, “Wow. Uh, yeah, damn.” This wasn’t going to go over well.

“I don’t think I would go so far as to say an irrational mess. You’re Director, you’re in charge and looking out for not only us, but the Freehold as well. That’s a huge responsibility. It makes sense to me that you would want to be surrounded by people you can trust, cause if you can’t trust those around you, then it puts us all at risk. And to be honest, I’ve never gotten the feeling that you’re irrational or a mess. You’ve taking on a huge thing here, you won’t have all the answers and will only have your intuition to lead you. Did your intuition tell you you couldn’t trust him? Or do you think you acted rashly?” she asks taking another bite.

“I don’t ask because I’m accusing you of anything, I’m just asking. It sounds like you’re second guessing your decision or feel guilty about it. And there’s nothing wrong with that, nothing at all. But as Director, you should have confidence in your decisions. Why don't you have confidence in what you did? What's making you second guess?” Politics were so not her thing.

“Well, in a way it should have fixed a few things. You being comfortable knowing it wasn’t a Loyalist or a Privateer. But it sounds like you still have doubts about him. So if he swore a Pledge, why weren’t your worries settled?” it was both a question and a statement. “Something seems to have rubbed you the wrong way about him. I’m not saying you’re in the wrong, I’m just wondering how he could fix it. I mean, I agree that trust has to be earned, and it’s obvious he’s lost yours.” She wasn’t faulting the Elemental, just thinking out loud.

“Sorry, I suck at this type of stuff. I’m not a very trusting person, my past and my Endurance have shot that all to hell. But looking at it objectively, can this be salvaged by another meeting?
    Perhaps with you and Alex and a third party? Someone with no dog in the fight who can maybe help you both come to an agreement?”
    sometimes things like that helped.

Sapphire eyes watch as she takes another drink, “For what it’s worth, I support you. You were the first person to extend a hand to me, to help me and be kind to me. You haven’t given me any reason thus far to not trust or back you. I just hope this whole thing can be settled. I’ve never been good at politics or advice.”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

A laugh escapes Mhairi before she can stop it, and heck, does she even want to? With what's been going through her head lately, she's had so little to just laugh about.

A head shakes, "We wouldn't...but he was talking about putting an Oath, or a Pledge on paper and having us sign it. He just wanted to have us all sign a paper with his Constitution on it. Nothing truly binding us to it...but good faith. Which, I can understand that working....but with us. Our lives....I...just can't see it working." a shrug, "At least not how Brown wants it to. Besides. There's what? Nine? Ten of us?" her head shakes, "I don't even see why he's so focused on it, our numbers rise and fall, and after a while there, the numbers we have now could considered grand."

A sigh, a swig, "Damn's right."

Mhairi listens, "...not normally. But then, there. I actually thought that some Contract was worked on me I was so out of my own head. It was like I wasn't myself at all....I..." she sighs and pokes at the lip of the bottle with a quicksilver coated finger. "...I could have handled everything better. But...I..I just didn't feel like I could trust him. At first I thought that I just didn't like him....I couldn't' think of why, but as we talked. I-I just knew, realized. I just didn't trust him....I needed to know that I could." which lead to an explosion of words, feelings which had lead up to this, and more. Mhairi still didn't know what her actions then would lead to. "After his Pledge, and I talked some more, he stormed out.....I haven't talked to him since. So, while I know he's not a Loyalist or a Privateer....I don't know if I...I don't know. Trust who he is without all that weighing on me. I said I'd try, so I will, but..." another shrug.

A sigh, Mhairi pokes not at the bottle, but at the cake and takes another melty bite, "I don't regret my decision...it's something that I needed to do. For myself, the 'hold." she takes a breath, "But...I'm worried. I'm worried that I might have brought a war with it all." biting her lip, "I don't want to be responsible for starting a civil war in my home."

Another sigh, why was she so mopey? She's honestly thought that she'd be raging - a fire inferno ragging on the Mirrorskin, just venting to the Nix, not, not this.

"Maybe...I talked with Sasha about doing that - and we thought it would best that it would be completely neutral...so it might not even happen during Summer or Autumn." which was ridiculous to the wisp, leaving it for months and months, but to keep away from both of their seat of power when neither had a stake....might be best considering the heat of their last meeting. "It's...alright. I'm sorry for dropping all this on you, I just needed to talk." the wisp nods, smiling up at Sera, which turns into her blinking, stunned. "Support me? I-I thought that me dropping all this on you, and maybe bringing a war to our home....I..." Mhairi's eyes flutter, fell-flames flickering, steam rising as tears gathered but could never fall. "Thank you." so very, very much.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The laugh was good, it seemed the Elemental needed it.

“Look, I’ll be honest here, I won’t sign a piece of paper. It creates too much liability, and maybe I’m just paranoid, but I don’t want a paper trail that They can find and use. And as you’ve pointed out, there isn’t that many of us here. This is something we could all sit down and work out. I mean, has there even been issues with Lost breaking laws and causing trouble?”
    she hadn’t heard of anything, well, expect the stuff with the Dragon. “Why overly complicate things when what we have is working? It just doesn’t make sense to me. If there is an issue, lets just hash it out.” She shrugs, politics.

There was a hint of a smile, “See, that’s why I have faith in you. You notice that things could have been handled differently and accept that mistakes were made. That makes a true leader to me.” Not everyone could admit when they were wrong. “So maybe his storming out made the situation worse. Worse in the sense that nothing was really resolved and egos are still bruised.”

Sighing, “Well, I don’t think it will bring a war. If anything, I bet Alex had his delicate male ego hurt. Men have those you know, and they are soo delicate sometimes!” true fucking story. “If you had wanted to start a war of any kind, you would have ended him at the meeting. But you didn’t, you cooled off. I really think a sit down will help clear things up. There’s nothing wrong with someone disagreeing with a decision you make, it’s how they handle it that’s the problem. Now, titles and positions have never been important to me, but to some, they’re everything. I think the title of Groundskeeper made him feel special and important. But at the same time, if you don’t feel you can trust him to protect you and the Freehold, then that’s that. Trust is earned, and someone who wants that type of position should respect that and do what they can to earn it. But that's just my opinion."

Smiling softly, “Hey, no problem. We all need to talk things out at some point. I just wish I had better advice for you. I tend to avoid politics and the mine field they create. See, I’m not too good at hiding my feelings or sugar coating things, which tends to work against me.” Yup, people hated to hear the truth sometimes. “But I’m always willing to listen.” It helped them work on that whole friendship thing.

Her head nods, gold and silver mane shimmering, “Yes, support you. And you’re not bring a war to our home. It sounds like things were said in the heat of the moment, egos hurt and things blown way out of proportion. I’m not saying you were wrong, I’m just saying there was probably a better way to have handled it. But you’re new to this, and mistakes and stumbles are bound to happen. And it seems to me that you are wanting to mend it without things getting more out of control, and see that there are places for you to improve yourself.” She picks another melting piece into her mouth, and then points the fork at the Wisp, “Now that’s not to say that I won’t call you out if my faith and trust proves to misplaced. I’m just saying that the time I’ve spent talking with you in the past, and how honest and upfront you’ve been with me, leads me believe in you. Just please don’t make me regret that.” The Nix doesn’t handle being lied to or made to look like an idiot very well.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Paper trail? Yeah. Mhairi nod, and keeps nodding. "I...I don't know if he wanted to keep it to himself, but I can see something like that getting leaked by someone - maybe one of the staff who think it's funny...and bam. We're abut to be burned. Maybe They could find us through it...or maybe the mortal authorities find it. Take it as seriously, and...I've seen a hell of a lot of tv. They have speacial units to take care of cults. From the outside looking in...?" a helpless little shrug, "We're kinda like a cult."

The Wisp shakes her head, and flicks a fuzzy off her pj pants, "It'll be in the new. Maybe the real news or a tabloid or a blog, there's if that's not enough for Them to find....I'm very sure it's enough for those still Loyal to to find us, and hand us all over like a fruit basket." she hisses out. Fires flickering as the Fear and rage melds, mixes. Twists into something ugly.

It takes Mhairi longer then she'd like to get her breathing under control, her hedgespinning broadening her horizons and expanding her imagination. It was easy for her to imagine just what could happen if that wyrdless paper landed int he wrong hands.

"He wants to make something grand, I think. He wants to be the first to build it and have that attention on him. Be the light in the darkness when everything was lawless and crazy. Or something." Mhairi takes another swig, "But..yeah they're just to few of us to make something like that matter - besides, I'm not trusting paper. I want the words and the Wyrd." she nods, like it was a revelation, even if both she and Sera had said something to that effect once or twice before, in this vary conversation!

"Yeah...bruised egos....But he's Summer's King now, and he's like a mayor's aid. He could seriously fuck me up. Or at least what I've been building up in my mortal life." the thought chokes her, and already, just with that horrible thought churning in her gut she can feel her grasp on reality, her Clarity fracturing.

With her mind occupied, Sera's next comment catches Mhairi by surprise, "Ha! Hehehe," she bursts out in a laugh, then she tries to stifle it, but it only turns into giggles, "Yes, that's exactly it, and with his connect - which he told me all about, trying to use that to sway me into keeping him Groundskeeper - I'm....I'm worried." obviously, from what she'd said before. "Worried that because his delicate male ego's been bruised by me, he'll do something stupid, or crazy. Or...." a helpless little shrug.

Looking at the bottle, and how did she get passed the top of the label already?! "I think it did. When everything was changing it was like he was the only one there that could fill that role. So I listened to the 'hold and named him, even if I had reservations. But...after months of paranoia and then trying to push it aside, and then the way he was acting....plus him pushing that constitution...I exploded. And yeah, totally should have handled it better, and I know that. So. I guess it was a learning experience...maybe?" she shakes her head. What's done is done.

"Still, thanks for listening. I needed this." she looks up at the Nix, "I"m going to call a meeting, inviting the whole 'hold. I needed to do this before then...and I need to talk and I wanted to give you a heads up." a laugh, maybe as startled as the one before, "That...I can, I've lived with lies my whole life. It's nice, knowing that there's someone around that can be trusted to not...lie all the time."

Listening, Mhairi nods, she knew she should have done everything better, but as Sera said, Mhairi was new to all of this, she hasn't even been Queen for a year yet and now here she was leading not only her Court long before she should have even been the imagining of a thought to do so, but she's leading the Freehold she calls home - small as it was now.

"Now that I know...now that this has happened, I'll do better. I know I will. But...I'm just worried about the future....as if you hadn't picked up on that, but. I've done something, made my decision...and I'm living it, as best as I can. I'm just..." she shrugs, but what else was to come of her decision....that, Mhairi didn't know.

A small smile, a hand moves, going for the cake and not the booze. "I-I wont." she says, and means it.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

It was good to know that the Wisp had her own reservations about the paper. “Also, if he wanted to keep the contracts himself, then that’s a whole lot of power and leverage for one person. While he hasn’t done anything to outright make me untrusting, there is something off there. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s there. And I don’t like one Lost having that much power over me. A verbal contract is one thing, but something written and signed creates a whole new mess. And not a mess I’m getting involved in.” she’d walk out of the Freehold before she signed something.

Nodding, “I’m so glad you understand the risks a written contract poses. And I’m not going back, nor am I handing anyone looking for me a map to my location. I know we’ll never be completely safe and always looking over our shoulders, but I like to keep the risks low.” Which was why she didn’t sing in big clubs.

Sighing, “There’s nothing wrong with wanting to make something wonderful. And maybe, someday, there’ll be away something like that can work. But I have zero faith in it working now. And I would hardly call what we have now lawless and crazy. Hell, even when the Dragon was kicking around things were not lawless and crazy. We don’t have wild Lost running off and creating problems for us. So why upset what we have?” made zero sense to her.

Sapphires narrow, tone hardens, “Let him try. If whatever has crawled up his ass makes him attack your mortal life, it shows his true colors. And will show who is truly is to the Freehold. Have you been working on your influence in the mortal world? I know there isn’t much we can do to stop him if he does it, but we can work together to repair it. Not saying he will, but I’m willing to do what I can to help protect what you’re building.” She wasn’t sure how she could, but she figures the thought would still matter.

Grinning, she waves her fork dismissively, “Like I said, let him try. Doing that will bite him in the ass and lower any good standing he has within the Freehold. Cause it shows him being vindictive for no reason, which would speak volumes about his character and show he is unfit for any office.” Plus she’d beat his ass. Hell hath no fury like a Nix scorned. “But let him try, you have friends here, and we have your back.” He may be King of a large Season, but that didn’t mean shit.

“A learning experience, yes.” Good way to put it. “You may have acted in anger, but you were also acting in what you thought was best for the Freehold. If he truly wanted what was best for the Freehold, he’d sit down and talk with you and a third party. Clear the air and see what steps need to be taken to strengthen the trust. Positions of power are earned with trust. Maybe it’s just me, but I would want to know how I could prove myself and earn that trust. It would only serve to strengthen the Freehold and the relationship.” Or maybe she was just being too logical.

Smiling as she took another bite of melty cake, “Anytime. Sometimes just talking and venting helps work though whatever is going on. Look forward to a meeting, just don’t be surprised if people stand up and defend you.” There was a wink. She knew she wasn’t the only one who trusted and believed in Mhairi. “Don’t get me wrong, lies have their place. But not in friendships and not when you want to be trusted.” Wink.

“I’d be worried of you weren’t worried. There are a lot balls in the air right now and a lot of unknowns, so it’s understandable to be worried. Every leader stumbles when they take the role, I think it’s to be expected. No one is born a natural leader, I don’t care what people say. Mistakes happen and help make us stronger and better as people. You learning from this shows your strength. So when you have the meeting and speak to the ‘Hold, speak with confidence, admit your mistakes and lay out how you plan to overcome them. That will instill more faith from the others, and show that you don’t think you’re above making mistakes and are willing to own them.”

Seeing her reach for the cake, the Nix eagerly offers her plate for another piece. “I so need to keep at least one of these in my freezer. Cause it is always a god time for one of these! Hell, I could make a whole meal out of this!” true story, “And probably eat the whole thing if I wasn’t careful!” she adds with a musical laugh. “And we should so this more often. Just hangout and talk, I don’t care about what, just have fun. Comfy clothes and good food! So how's everything else going?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread