Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 46
DISPLAYED
Gathering the Haunts

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

It's getting late. And Cross is tired of discussing this issue. And more than anxious to get Alice alone, talk to her, touch her...

So, he tries one more time to make things clear.

"The Radzinsky issue is completely separate from the other affairs with the Alchemists. They no longer associate. I simply wish to get this book, this...hunting manual away from him. No more, no less. And no need to let him, or the others, know we know about their prior connections to one another. I have already arranged a meeting to barter for the book. I just wanted to bring along some backup if possible."

He pauses.

"As for Armitage, I thought we could go see her to figure out what, exactly, the other Alchemists were asking of us," eyes cut to Cynthia, then back to Alice. "Because the fact of the matter is, we still don't know what these 'ingredients' actually are, and what they're meant to do." A frown makes a mess of his scarred face. "We take the list of items they've asked for to her and we try to get her to explain what we're looking for. And see if she can explain, in plain English, why someone may be after them. And we go from there. It seems to me that we're playing a delicate game with these Breathers. We don't want them to know that we don't know what they're doing. We want them to think of us as partners until we can figure out what they're up to." He shrugs. "And so, we meet with Armitage on the side and we get the information we need to continue that play..." Until the time comes to act.

"Does that make things a little more clear?" And can we maybe stop talking about this now? 'Like I said, I'll take Gilroy to meet with Radzinsky. He can be the associate I told the hunchback I'd bring along, to assess the text. As for Armitage, it's up to you, Priscus, to decide how we approach her. Or if we even should..."

Figured it's best to move along, as we've hit the month mark and should wrap this up ASAP!

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Longstreet just reiterates, failing to realize she was asking clarification, and not to go over the same points again.

Then Cynthia asks her questions, and Alice nods - smoothly - along.

"Ah." Alice breathes, finally understanding. "The book will definitely need to be acquired, and if he's resistant after a round or two of yours and Gilroy's negotiations, call me, or set up a new meeting, and I'll take off my sunglasses and tell him a monster did it, and we need the book for revenge." Though Alice only threw that out as a plan z sort of scenario.

"I hadn't realized, when we first spoke to them, the ingredients are called what they're called but from what I remember...." she pauses, because her memory might still be in question, "Is that each one is unique to the individual seeking the elixir. So the, what...? Breath of Life? Or whatever else they wanted, could be literally anything, 'all decided by our will'." If Alice was alive she might have shifted in her seat. "We could show up with a bag of random crap, and a good story and it might fool them. Well, until they got to concocting whatever it is that they want our help for. Or we could Google, and find things that match the list best and see what comes of that."

With how her words were coming out and how this meeting had gone, it was late enough that it would soon be early. Alice didn't need her chirping phone alarm to remind her of how near sunrise was, this time.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-31 12:41:47 Alice Hart rolls 5 to Remembering (10 Again) 6, 8, 5, 8, 5 2 successes
    Looks like we're a week past, it indeed sounds like it's time to wind down and start a new one scene!
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

R
    Robert Longstreet

It's getting late, as the others have no doubt realized, about time to call it a night. They're talking in circles, anyway. Or some other geometrical figures, as the answer doesn;t flow from the question, the response is not born from a statement.

At least the general "why" of all this is clear to him, which is the reason he stays silent while Cross speaks. The "how" is still a mystery, though, as it's still not clearly stated by anyone why Armitage'd want to cooperate or if they'd go in two groups or as one to these meetings - although the fact that the Haunt Deputy mentioned bringing only Gilroy along, it could be guessed that he's just as indifferent as Longstreet at this point. However, the Thug remains politely - and visibly - skeptical about Alice's ideas. What'd this ruse achieve, anyway?

Time to retire for daysleep.

I'm good for a wrap, too!

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia frowned a bit. Radzinsky was something she understood clearly. It changed back to something neutral as Cross continued. "Well I think they already suspect we are not who they think we are. You're gonna need to decide what to do with them and soon." There were still a many more questions for her to ask, but the night had dragged on and she was pretty sure she was not the only one getting sick of talking about this. "I'll admit, I have no clue where the hell we are gonna get 'the Light of a dead star'... Whatever the fuck that is." She added with a roll of her eyes. No matter how much mysticism the situation had, it still sounded ludicrous to her.

The artist looked around the room, then at the paper the Whip had handed out at the beginning of this meeting. "Want to deal with the rest of this tomorrow?" She asked. The sun was coming soon, she was sure of it.

Yep. Lets finish up here.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The Daystar approached and the Clan could feel it. Kenneth was not completely satisfied with the conclusion of the meeting. Not that everything hadn’t been covered. He’d experienced enough that no syllabus got completed in one night. Still it seemed they were at odds with how to handle the Alchemists’ plot. At least between Robert and… well Robert. Gilroy would have preferred a more concrete agreement.

Still they should default to the Family leadership. Even without an agreement.

He’d have also liked to talk with Hart personally. Not only to get acknowledged but to make sure her brush with the deep sleep hadn’t left her… hurt.

“Priscus Hart, Whip Cross,” he winced towards each of them. His proteges taking up the mantle he’d left behind without warning. “Mr. Longstreet, Ms. Weiss.” The new members. One a true Thug even without his Curse. Gilroy still didn’t know enough to judge the walking chemical burn zone.

“I am available whenever you need me.” Even with his doubts, platitudes were rarely so true. Even from the fangs of a vermin.

Looking forward to the next scene.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

8. Likes liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

The Burned Man gives a nod to Cynthia, concurring with her judgement that the meeting should end.

"Yes, very good." For the first time tonight, Cross looks, and sounds, relieved.

"Thank you for the...discussion. Kenneth, I'll supply you with our discoveries at the Alchemist's garage directly." He gives each of his family members one last, calculating look, as if measuring them. Cold, blue eyes settle, finally, on Alice: "And welcome back, Priscus Hart."

With that, he withdraws deeper into the Caldarium, coming to rest near that candle flame meant to remind them all of their damnation. Seeming to consider it. Letting the others drift off toward their havens and boltholes. Waiting until he can be alone with Alice.

Great scene everyone!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread