Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Gathering the Haunts

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Robert and Longstreet seemed to take opposing views on how to approach the problem of Armitage and Radzinsky. Gilroy was inclined to take Robert’s opinion over the Thug’s. Though Longstreet wasn’t incorrect to worry they might have some association.

“However,” he offered as counterpoint “to arrange a meeting with both in short order, could also cause them to alert each, raise suspicions, and put them both on guard before we arrived.” Increased risk of armed guards by Radzinsky by Longstreet’s read, greater chance that Armitage might flee. “Other than topic, is there evidence of association?” There was certainly increased probability but Kenneth didn’t know every biologist in his department, much less have a communicative relationship with them about his more… arcane interests.

However, further discussion was gone from his mind as Alice appeared. Pale, poised, perfect. She strode forward, her porcelain features nearly shiny in the candle light, her voice calm and collected despite the rigors she’d just been through. Yet despite (or because of) that, it seemed no more than a mask. Kenneth wasn’t entirely sure if it was his own knowledge of Alice or her curse influencing him; he knew there was turmoil behind those now hollow sockets.

“Yes, I recently was able to return” he said weakly to her question “Are you alright?” he asked with genuine concern, forgetting his own about getting acknowledged in favor of making sure Alice was okay.
    Though who could care for the concern of a vermin or look on it with anything but scorn?
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

2. Likes liked this post
    Bump unlimited sink "Bump" this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

"Radzinsky is a businessman. Of a certain sort. I don't think he'll blink twice when I show up with some muscle. And a consultant to authenticate the text," Cross says. Trying not to lose his patience with Longstreet. It's hard, though. "And I don't want to play it rough with Armitage. Cultivating her as a source of information, for further use in the future, is more my idea." If they take a run at her, she might withhold valuable information. Or refuse to work with them if they need to ask her more questions at a later date.

"There is some evidence of contact," he turns to Gilroy. "The Alchemists we met with brought them up in relation with each other. Apparently Armitage thinks that, without Radzinsky's help, they're lost. But if we meet with Armitage first and approach her in the right way, without mentioning the book for instance, I think we can avoid setting off any alarms with Radzinsky."

He's about to put the matter to rest when Longstreet offers it up to Alice for decision. And while it might be appropriate to defer to her judgement, Cross still wants to rip the thug's head off right then and there. When Longstreet looks to Cross, he'll see a glower on that scarred face.

"Hello Alice," Cross finally says. His voice is as flat as always, but the use of her first name carries a hint of intimacy. "Welcome home." It's all he can manage for now, in terms of greeting. To go any further might invite an emotional display that he can't afford in this context. So he moves on. "They're not actually two leads, but two related matters. We're discussing how best to recover a book, one that could prove a masquerade breach, held by a former associate of the Alchemists, the hunchback, Radzinsky. As well as how to approach a woman who may have information on the...project those Breathers want us to help them with. Brother Longstreet is for splitting up the group, sending some of us to meet with Radzinsky and the others to meet with Armitage. I, and Kenneth as well I believe, think we could use everyone's skills at both meetings..." He's not quite clear on Cynthia's position, so he leaves her out of it for now.

"How are you?" he finally adds, those cold blue eyes never wavering from the Doll's unnervingly flawless face.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice lets out a hollow little hum. Her head ducking down and up in a smooth, but still awkward movement. Like her puppeteer has gained more skill in operating those invisible strings. Though without more information, Alice wouldn't give voice to one way or another.

It was really him. Alice...didn't know how to...she didn't..."I'm glad to have you back." Which is the truth, there were questions, many, many questions but here, now, was not the time to ask them. "If you haven't had a chance to reacquaint yourself with the," she wants to say Deep Kingdom, but can't. Not when it's still a shadow of it's former self. "Necropolis yet, the Dark Temple hasn't been touched. The tunnels collapsed over a time, and it felt wrong to," defile? Re-sanctify? "Touch it."

And it went without saying with the candle flames flickering around that that Alice kept them lit. Though, she will have to thank Robert - because who else would realize their significance when she was....away? - for keeping them lit.

Robert speaks, and Alice feels herself relax with every syllable spoken by that gruff, gravely voice.

"The Hunchback from our first meeting, and the Apprentice from the second - the one I had to leave from?" Alice asks, just so she can place the name to voices from her memories. "First to indicate each meeting, it should be someone different doing it...and second, the project they're working on, the Golden Dawn, or whatever it is, is to if they could do it, yes, but it's to help us. Somehow. The Elixir they're trying to make, they're going to want us to drink it. They don't know we're kindred, but they believe we're something else. We should find out what that is. Myself and a few others already scared them off by acting not like what they expected.

"Now, why are we needing to organize separate meetings with Radzinsky, and Armitage? And what happened to the third Alchemist?"

A question, from two different, but important men in her unlife stops the flow of her words, "I'm...I'm...awake." she settles on, knowing that it wasn't really answer, but to be away from the White....it was good enough for now.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

6. Likes Deltaomega liked this post
    R
    Robert Longstreet

"That's why" He replies to the Worm after taking his time to sigh "We are not going to 'arrange' a meeting with Armitage. Unless you mean tracking her crib down then nabbing her as she enters home and either talk there or take her on a field trip to the hills. That's how I'd do it, anyway" He adds that last sentence quickly, realizing it's only an obvious choice if you come from his background, which is not the case for anyone else in this room.

"Radzinski is also a mortal, who'd rather keep his mortality intact" These words flow to the Burned Man. It seems it's no simple miscommunication standing between them, but a deeper difference in approaching things. Or maybe... could it be that the appearance of Alice steeled him in his conviction? That he's doing the alpha male part for her to see? The glower in his eyes would certainly indicate it as an option. Well, even if that's the case Longstreet is prepared for the possibility of conceding. The bigger they are, after all... "And unless you specifically mentioned you might bring someone along, he might very well think you got bad ideas and want to trash the bid. So - did you do that?" He looks away for a moment "And as for Armitage - this isn't amateur hour, I know my shit, okay? I won't lay a finger on her, same as I didn't need to with that Brood bitch at the warehouse. What would you offer her, anyway, a book club membership card? Fear is the best cultivator if you want a disposable, obedient asset" If you can find the thing that triggers it, that is. Which can be a long and arduous task, but one bound to be successful. Everyone can be broken and everyone is afraid of something.

Hart and Gilroy exchange words for a while, and it's a good time for the Bishop to stay silent and simply listen. It appears, however, that he will need to make his case to the Seneschal again "As I was just explaining to brother Cross, we stand a better chance of achieving our goals if we go separately. First, because we'll attract less attention going in a group of three or two than five. Second, because I still believe it'll be easier to keep things civil with Radzinski. And third, if we go on the same night or something very close to it, we tackle the risk of one tipping the other off and organizing a welcoming committee or skipping town" he studies the Doll's face, in a likely futile effort to discern her position from body language alone, then waits for words to seal the matter. It's time to decide it one way or the other and move on. More things to discuss and less night to use.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia looked confounded. “You’re telling me a Reeve of the Invictus is not willing to stop a possible Masquerade breach in the domain?” Her tone was incredulous. No covenant treated the Traditions more seriously, save perhaps the Lancea et Sanctum. She could has passed this off as a job handed down to him, but Cross’s wording said otherwise. Is the domain falling apart that badly or is he screwing with her?

It was honestly starting to get more difficult to tell as the night went on.

The goth Artist sighed, sank into the bench she was seated and fell into a lull of silence. With everything happening and little coming to mind beyond frustration and a growing need to break something, it was perhaps the safer bet. She nodded absent-mindedly at Gilroy, pinching the bridge of her nose. It took her a moment, but she was able to fight off the competing Curses in the room.

She glanced at Robert, her skin starting to crawl from his words and the serial killer vibes radiating off him. “I think we should reserve the terror tactics for plan B for her Longstreet.”

The goth studied the Doll for a moment, eyes tracking every movement. Seems to be holding together, considering what happened. “Cross suggested leaving number 3 alone for now.” She told the Priscus with a shrug, trying to keep it short. “I still think with him alone he would be an easier target to interrogate though.”

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

So, it wasn’t just Longstreet’s curse. The man was a thug and no verbal backpedaling was going to hide that fact. The man had obviously missed that Robert wanted Armitage as an information source. Something rather difficult to accomplish if she was a hostage. Someone seemed to have taken the Machiavelli quote out of context and forgotten that to use only fear was the last resort. And that above all else, avoid being hated. However, Gilroy left that to Cross or Alice to correct. To do otherwise right now would either undermine the Burned Man or make Gilroy look like a sniveling yes man.

He listened as Alice spoke. Her words seemed to come so easily. So different from the hollow enthusiasm he remembered. Was it simply a show for the Clan, hiding how she truly felt about his return, concealing what torpor had done, or just her curse influencing his thoughts on her motives? Kenneth wasn’t sure.

“I’m glad to be back. And that you are… awake.” He knew the feeling. “When you have time, I will need to reacknowledged,” he said with sickly reservation. It could wait till court though now that she was back.

He listened silently as the banter over the Alchemists continued, trying to pick up details and catch himself up to everyone else. Even Hart seemed to have more information and she'd been out of the game for a good month.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Derangement Check, 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-23 07:51:51 Robert Cross rolls 6 to Derangement Check Res3 + Comp3 (10 Again) 4, 4, 10, 3, 4, 4, 4 1 success

When Longstreet sighs again, Cross shoots him a piercing glare. Why are you sighing? he wants to scream. Don't you know you're a fucking corpse?

Somehow, though, the Burned Man keeps himself under control. For now.

He turns his attentions to Alice, but when he speaks it's clear there's some tension in his voice. "Armitage is actually a third party altogether, Priscus. The two alchemists we met with brought her up after thinking we'd left." Of course, Cross hadn't. "So, Radzinsky is the hunchback from our first encounter. And Armitage is another actor entirely, someone who might be cultivated for information without direct knowledge of our...interactions with the other Alchemists, either Radzinsky or the two we met with recently." Hopefully this will clear things up for Alice. In any case, Cross finds himself wishing he could speak with the Doll alone, about this matter and...other things.

And then the Priscus seems to side with Longstreet concerning the composition of the groups at each meeting and Cross just stares blankly for a long moment before speaking, his voice touched by an icy courtesy: "Of course Priscus. If you think that's the way to go, then it's settled. I will need to meet with Radzinsky of course. He knows me now." His eyes cut to Longstreet as he answers his question implicitly: "And I would like to have Gilroy with me. I told the hunchback I'd be bringing someone to inspect the book. If you'd like someone else to come along, that's fine too..." As far as Cross is concerned it's decided. Even if he thinks it's the wrong approach. Though he won't be forgetting this moment.

Longstreet's boast about his credentials draws a smirk from Cross. If Alice thinks this hump can get things done with Armitage, then let him try. I should have left you chained in the dark.

Back to Cynthia: "I'm telling you that the Reeve does not want any part of the Alchemist's schemes. The book is another matter. She's apprised of that situation, but has left it in my hands for now." If they're always calling on the Reeve for help, what does that say about their abilities? Besides, Cross has had just about enough of Alessandra in the past few months. The less he needs to call on her, the better.

With that, Cross settles into a cold silence, letting Gilroy handle the matter of his acknowledgement. It seems that the Burned Man is no longer needed to lead this meeting, a fact that is somehow both frustrating and a relief.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"That wasn't my question." Alice says, wishing desperately that she had eyes to roll. "I asked why we had to have two meetings. To my knowledge, all of them are connected, friends. It would be easier to invite them both to a single meeting. I was asking why two meetings are required." then, "Nothing's settled." Alice says first before any of her thoughts could be organized, "I was just saying, that if this is the plan we come up with, then it makes sense for a an unknown person to set up a meeting, so our aims are not immediately obvious."

Alice wants to sigh. Or pull out her hair, or any other millions of human ways to show frustration, but she's not human and very much dead. So she sits, sill as any corpse could be.

A sliver of a beacon away from this maddens! "Of course, Mister," and were she not herself she might wince calling the fanged worm that, "Gilroy. After we're finished up here, we can speak, or we could wait for another night..."

Alas she's pulled back in, that doesn't sound like Ale Alice thinks, once Cynthia's voice brakes through, Robert's words in explanation help the doll understand a little more. Ale was the sort who was always in the think of things, to know that she's not involving herself in this... "The Reeve has her hands full with other matters. Whip Cross is one of her Deputies. Leaving the Alchemists to him, makes sure she's not overburdened and misses something vital to the Domain's security." she says as firmly as her hollow voice will allow, "She trusts in her Deputy - and anyone who he might chose to aid him - to see to this issue and deal with it appropriately."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

R
    Robert Longstreet

Longstreet looks at Cynthia with something that could be loosely defined as confusion "I'm sorry, I didn't realize we have a Plan A for Armitage. But I'd love to hear it. Unless you're about to tell me we'll just keep our fingers crossed and hope she's a nice old lady who will part with her knowledge for free" His efforts in trying to ascertain what makes anyo of those present think Armitage will play along proved futile for now, but maybe if he brings up the subject this clear...

Cross is glaring at him again, and he sounds pissed as hell when thinking the scales are tipping in The Thug's favor. One can only imagine what must be going on in his dark mind. Their Priscus dispels these assumptions, however, and Longstreet would much appreciate if she just made a decision, one way or the other. But it seems he has to make his case again.

"It seems, Priscus, that our knowledge diverges here. As I understand it, Radzinski is organizing a bid for the book - meaning it's him who sets up the meeting, chooses time and place. He will never agree to meet with us before then. And like I said before, smaller groups bring less attention. They also give a chance to do the two meets before either Radzinski or Armitage can alert the other that someone - namely, us - is sniffing around, especially if shit goes sideways" There. All there is to it. Longstreet ignores the Burned Man and his menacing looks in favor of paying attention to Alice's reaction.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia just gave blank, mildly irritated look at Cross as he explained the Reeves action. Why didn't you just say that in the first place? It was a look that drifted to each of the other gathered Haunts as she began to note their own annoyance with how this meeting was going. The misunderstandings and confusion among them was starting strain her patience more than the combined curses of everyone, even her own acrid scent was starting to irritate her. Her sight fell on Longstreet and her mind started to focus on Armitage. Questions started to form and much to her continued annoyance there were no answers to them. Alice was not asking those questions, Gilroy had fallen silent and Longstreet... Was being Longstreet.

"Fick Mich. Can't believe I'm the one asking this."
    The artist muttered, her words sounding more like a low growl than anything else. She turned her full attention to the Burned Man that started the whole meeting. "OK Cross. What the hell are we doing with these Alchemists exactly?" She finally spoke up. "We've found the guy who started this shit, discovered he is doing weird occult experiments and is pretty much shunned by the rest of his peers for pulling this. We can deal with him however we want. Why the hell are we ignoring him and going after this old lady? I can understand Radinzki, but why are we risking more attention and problems down the line by dragging more people into this?" It had been bugging her since that night and her questions were now out for all to see. While Cynthia heard heard the Priscus's words advocating the whip and his judgement, it sounded as hollow and insincere as everything she says and fell to the wayside of the Goth girl.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread