Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Waking up is hard to do

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

(Heal a Lethal)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice's head nods, slow and jerking. Her mind already running away with the thoughts, of just what would have happened if her punishment, frenzy, and subsequent punishment for the frenzy were handled differently, or if she failed to maintain the control she'd miraculously woken up with.

"I..I don't think I could have just seen your Clan, and your tattoos, and just seen them....maybe if I wasn't...you know. A haunt." for her Clan, if you couldn't overlook the what was on the outside, you could never really know the soul of the person that lay beneath.

A laugh, hollow but light, "If the city were filled more like me...." she trails off, she'd begun the sentence with the thoughts of making it into a joke, but as it continued she couldn't find the words the retain the humor she wanted to carry, but as she thought of it, she thought of herself and just how horrible the thought of more of her around would be.

Thankful for the quiet, Alice moves the rat's blood through her system, and replaces what's spent with the blissful mouthful of the sweet ambrosia.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She raised an interesting point. Alice was a Haunt, and maybe being one made it easier for her to see past outer appearance. To see past clan stereotypes. “Well, I’m glad you are able to see past it all. Maybe we put out a certain air, or persona, to protect what lies beneath. Maybe our outer shells are formed and created by years of defending what we hold near and dear.” But the real question was could Ale lower that defense to let others see a softer side of her? Could she take that risk and step outside what she had spent years building?

Ale wasn’t sure where Alice was trying to go with the statement, maybe a different direction than the Savage intended? “Yeah, Kindred who were still in touch with their humanity, still able to actually give a damn about someone other than themselves. I know that years have hardened me and whatevers left of my heart, but you still seem to have yours. In my opinion, it’s a wonderful thing, still being able to emotionally connect.” She wanted to tell the Haunt to never lose it, to hold on tight to it. But she knew eventually they all lost that connection, that their humanity faded as the years grew. It was just how things were for them. It was sad really.

The cup will remain placed gently against Alice’s lips, only moved to be refilled and then returned. And she remains quiet, allowing Alice the time she needs, not rushing her, just letting her do her thing at her own pace.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

To that, Alice had to nod. Everyone did something different to protect themselves, from words and actions. Before Bea there was the Ice. Now...now there was a tide. An Ocean between herself and others. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't. But the tide rose and fell, allowing others in, while pushing them out.

"That's...I-I..." was she still so close to what'd been stolen from her, that it was noticeable? With the Wraith ever hissing in her ear, with the White and the ever repeating nightmare that it was Alice shook her head. "I don't feel very human." she settles on answering. "...but I kine who couldn't, wouldn't connect....that seems very...lonely." unspoken was that Alice didn't want to be lonely anymore.

The cup is taken away, refilled, and returned. A pattern that continued until there was nothing left.

"Thank you," Alice says once more. Then she holds the silence for a time. "I'm fine....in control...." blood might still been coating her chin, but her tongue slips out, trying to catch what remained. "Promise....could...could I be untied now?" hesitant is the question.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“You may not feel it, but you have an amazing amount of compassion. Which as I’m sure you’re well aware, is rare among our kind. And speaking from experience, once it’s gone either from time or simply running out, it’s hard to get back. Being lonely is a hard way to survive. Some of us do it simply out of survival and lack of an ability to trust others, and some just don’t life any other way. But you have an amazing family who is worried about you and Robert, who I can tell cares deeply.” Would Ale ever find that in her Danse? Someone who would care for her as much as Robert cared for Alice? Did she want that?

Even though Alice couldn’t see it, the Savage simply nodded.

The silence was expected, Alice’s punishment was over and she finally got her fill of human blood. Seeing the blood on the pale chin, Ale reaches for a rag, in the bag that held the rats,

“I’m going to wipe your chin off.” She says, not wanting to startle Alice with the sudden gentle touch. Maybe in some way the Italian felt like she as taking care of the Haunt, she wasn’t sure, but it felt right to do.

And then came the moment Ale was dreading. Removing the restraints. There was a moment as she looked at Alice, trying to study her movements, look for anything that might indicate she was lying.

“I hope you understand that I’m nervous about removing them. It’s nothing personal, but being in Nox, I have to be careful. But so far you’ve shown remarkable control.” And Alice will hear Ale stand and move behind the chair. The restraints were removed, one at a time and with no rush. Which made it clear that she was being careful, waiting for Alice to turn on her or lose control.
    Finally she moves to the front, kneeling on the floor and removes the remaining ropes. Standing and stepping back, she looks to Alice.

“Did you need help standing?” she offers, prepared to step over and help. Which put her at a disadvantage should Alice make a move against her. But, Ale was willing to risk it. “I have a hoodie that you can wear if you want, your shirt has a hole in it. I can also give you the tank top I’m wearing if you’d prefer that.” Yeah, the Savage was offering her the shirt off her back.

“Did you want Lyssa? Something tells me she is anxious and pacing right now.” There was a hint of a smile in her tone.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I-I..." Alice begins only to stumble. Her mind draws a blank, not knowing what to say to that. The ice kept her cold, distant from everyone, protecting her, while allowing those few who cared to look a glimpse of just who was on the other side.

Her mind finally restarts, "I do." at lest those that seemed to find their way here, "I-uh...he does." or at least Alice remembered him caring, silently. Choosing actions over words.

After a startled moment, Alice brings her tongue back to her mouth and sits still as Ale wipes her chin, "Thank you."

Another slow, and jerking nod. She understood, and that they were at the Nox it was doubly important to make sure Alice wasn't going to freak out. Steps away from where they were could spell disaster. But Ale moves, and the Wraith hissing within her ear as the Savage drew closer, shifted behind her. Agonizingly slow the restraints are removed. They fall away and Alice remains as she was, then slowly, ever so slowly the Doll moves her hands to her lap.

"May-uh." Alice was going to accept the offer, her memories of her office were fuzzy and Alice didn't know if anything had changed in the time she'd been down, never mind what Ale had done tonight to set everything up to wake her. Which is of course when the rest of the Italian's words register. "I'll take the hoodie." she says softly, amazed at her coterie mate's offer. "But...uh. Thanks." she gets out even if the words ring hollow.

"I-uh-I do. I think I should tell her what's been happening, or at least something so she doesn't get into trouble trying to figure it out." The doll pushes her hand out for Ale to grab or not, waiting to see if the savage would take it and help her up, or not before she stands, "And I think I should get to the Necropolis..." Alice didn't remember if she had her phone on her, and with the memory of her message to Robert, the memory strangely clear, she figured it would be best if she headed to home first, then try to call the Burned Man and miss him once more.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

With a nod, she slips the hoodie off and hands it to Alice. It might be a little large on the Haunt, Ale liked her hoodies baggy and she was a little bigger than Alice anyways. But it would serve its purpose, hiding the hole in her shirt.

Seeing the hand, the Savage takes it and helps Alice stand, not letting go until she was sure Alice had her barring’s about her.

“I can go get her, and then leave you two alone. I’m sure you have a lot to discuss and then get to the Necropolis. Unless you need a ride there, then I can hang out in my office until you want to go.” She offers. “Oh, and you cell is on your desk. I would have placed it in a drawer, but I didn’t want you to think I was going through the desk or anything. Here,” there was movement as the Savage moves to the desk, picking the cell up. She then presses it into Alice’s hand.

“Uh, I’ll get Lyssa then for you.” She wasn’t sure what else she could say. Whatever Alice had experienced, Ale couldn’t help her until she was ready to talk about it. If she wanted to talk about. With her that is.

The Savage hated to admit that not knowing where their relationship was going to go after this bothered her. It was an unknown, and she hated unknowns. Would Alice slowly begin to resent her? Hate her even for what she had done?

The door opens and she looks for the Ghoul, once found, she leads her back to the office, telling her that if she’s needed for any reason, she’d be in her office.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The hoodie feels nice, the press of another Beast less so, but it had been some time since she even wore a hoodie, thinking of more of being professional around Court. She forgot how much the simple fabric with it's loose folds offered comfort.

Maybe she should think about wearing them again.

The hand's replace with her cell, the Wraith snarls, and hisses, but quiets, at least a little, as Ale moves away. Alice smiles, "Thanks," though she wondered what happened to it if it was just left on her desk for all this time. "...ah." she pauses, not thinking that the savage would paw through her desk, "I wouldn't have thought that anyway, but thanks for keeping it safe." thinking on it, depending on the climate of the Domain there could be others who'd paw through the torpored Seneschal's desk, but if she'd been kept here all this time, those people who'd do that, might be the same people who would have ashed her given the chance, and seeing as she was as unalive as she was months ago she doubted that someone had gone through her dowers.

"Thank you." Alice says again, "For everything." Alice tries to make her voice sound sincere but knows that's a fool's hope. "I'll catch up with what I need to catch up with, and I'll call you?" tentative, like she didn't know what to do now that she was off punishment, full and would be speaking with her ghoul and hopefully her clan soon.

The Savage heads out of the door to track down Lyssa, who as expected was pacing very near the office door. The women looks up, eyes wild, nearly bolting to her Lady's side, the message the Reeve leaves, is swiftly retold, so she was free to see to her lady and just where her lady had gone for all these months....

Sounds like a great place to wrap, unless Ale has any last minute things to say?

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale said what she needed to say, so I'm good to wrap Great scene!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread