Contacts
    (Street)
    Kid

Cahalith
    Hunter in Darkness

+1
    DV
    PRE

Kid pulls another beer from the plastic bag and sets it between them, an open invitation for Hector to keep enjoying himself.

"Yeah, s'pose you're right on that count. There's perks to finding Sacramento like this." Empty, that is. And even if its emptiness gives Kid a bad feeling, the benefit is right there where Hector points it out: space. Room to move. More territory than one pack can deal with, really. Not that he's complaining about it, exactly.

"Back in Ocala or thereabouts, where I came up, where I changed too, there weren't too many of the People. Pretty nice distribution actually. Problem was, Them," it's clear he's referring to the Pure, "the bastards. We never really stopped fighting for territory." Until they took it. Kid pounds the rest of his beer, trying to hide the sadness on his face. "That place had a long history with the People." The unspoken part of that sentence is apparent in his gloomy tone: not anymore.

God damnit, Kid. Keep it together, he chides himself. Because he knows he's got to keep his eyes on the here and now. This is his chance to make up for what happened back down South. To show he, along with his pack, can hold their territory. Hunt it, clean it, and keep it.

"I feel you, man. I got the ache too. Been growing in me for a while." Another beer is extracted from the bag, this time for himself. He cracks it open, gulps, and burps. "And here we are. Like I was saying in the park the other: seems like it's meant to be." He pauses, fixing Hector with his guileless blue eyes, "I think we can make things work here." He gestures in the direction of downtown with his can, the beer audibly sloshing. "I think we have to." No one else around to do it.

"I'm startin' to see your point, Hector. Plenty to do, plenty of cover. Varied territory. Good for keeping tabs on new arrivals." He nods, clicking his tongue in his mouth. "Yeah, I see it." Twin streams of tobacco smoke are exhaled through his nose. He'd taken to Discovery Park because it had reminded him of home. But he can't argue with Hector's point. "Well, fuck. Maybe we should get the gang together soon and check out the yards, then?"
    Meninna | Cahalith
    WP: Essence: Primal Urge: ●●

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Awww, man! Beer!"

One might have thought Hector had just been offered his first given the joy that bubbled across his mangy features.

"I am sorry about your first pack, man. It must hurt to have lost them. Them and the stories they could have told. A whole chain lost..."

He pulled a face.

"Bastards!"

He nodded vigorously to Kid's suggestion.

"Hell yeah! Its so strange that no one is here. You know? That means we have the Oath to think on. And that means... Pack up! Its the only way of fulfilling the oath now. So yeah! Lets check out the rail yards. Heck if they don't pan out we can chalk the experience up as practice and find a hunting ground elsewhere. I mean, right now its just us two talking and thinking. We got the others to think on - and one of them is from a different Tribe. They may have a different view of whats needed."

Anything else was lost as the Red Wolf guzzled beer.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

4. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence
    (Affable)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Pleasant Drawl)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Kid

Cahalith
    Hunter in Darkness

+1
    DV
    PRE

Kid can't help but grin at Hector's reaction to the proffered libations. "Hell yeah, friend." His can is raised and wiggled in salute before he takes another gulp.

He wipes his lips with the back of his hand and when it comes away he's frowning. Those blue eyes are filled with pain at the mention of his old pack, as direct and unguarded as ever.

"It does. They were good People. True to the Oath. True to the Hunt." Kid tips out some beer on the ground beside him as an offering. "I'm all that's left of that chain. And I gotta make 'em proud, you know?" Marsh-Paw with his sly smile, Wrench's hands stained by mud and motor oil, Gator howling at the moon, and Kate, quiet and deadly...He can feel all of them still, even though they're in the ground. "They knew their territory. Lived with the <<lil>>. And now they're part of the <<lil>>." The first tongue feels strange in his man-mouth, but it's the only word that fits. "I've spent a long time traveling, picking up yarns, learning the stories of the People all over this country. But to do right by them, to really do right by them, I have to settle down, find a new pack. New ground."

As he speaks, his eyes return to the river, glittering like liquid gold in the evening light.

"You got that right. Have to start somewhere. And the rail yards are as good a place as any, yeah? But if we're really going to make this thing work, we're gonna need..." his voice drops "to find <<uralath>>." For a moment he can almost smell the rich, swamp-mud smell of Old Father Catfish.
    Meninna | Cahalith

6. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector stops drinking and holds the can away from his face. His features, so vibrantly happy collapse into a hard line. Not angry. Simply serious. The Cahalith now wares his Uratha face. Its a human mask still, but his eyes are both hard and distant; his mouth is a sealed slit; his posture is predatory.

"I hear ya. But first we gotta run together. Decide what kind of a pack we gonna be. Then we hunt." His voice is flat, yet his last words rumble with resonance.

"When can we get ahold of the others?"

8. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence
    (Affable)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Pleasant Drawl)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Kid

Cahalith
    Hunter in Darkness

+1
    DV
    PRE

Kid recognizes that look. And instinctively returns it. Feels good to let the guard down, let the predator show. Even if he's wearing the man skin. They must make quite the pair, sitting in the grass, staring at each other like that.

Not that Kid cares.

"Agreed," he replies. What else is there to say? Hector's right. "I figure we need to get this thing going as soon as possible. Especially if we're the only ones here." A pause as Kid considers.

"Don't know about you, but I've got nothing but time. Shit, we could call 'em tonight if you want."
    Meninna | Cahalith

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector gan only grin. Wolfishly.

"Oh yeah, man!"

The Red Wolf turns to giggling. Evidently the thought of hunting - or simply exploring the world together - gave him much pleasure.

Seems like a good spot to wrap the scene considering the way its going. What do you think?

Presence
    (Affable)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Pleasant Drawl)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Kid

Cahalith
    Hunter in Darkness

+1
    DV
    PRE

Kid's more subdued chuckle is added to Hector's giggling.

"Sounds good, then. Let's just finish these beers, though. No need to waste good drink, right?"

The sun finally sets, the golden hour is over. But for these wolves, things are just beginning.

Seems right to me! Thanks for the scene!
    Meninna | Cahalith

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread