Presence
    (Raw)
    Iseult Babic

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The Rahu's ignorance was like a cheese grater getting dragged across her skin, and it took Iseult several moments to remind herself that it didn't really matter anymore. The Eagle didn't have it's talons riding on her shoulders any longer. She wasn't a Devil Dog. She was Suthar Anzuth, child of Fenris Ur.

That's what mattered.

So, instead of snapping again, the Cahalith listened, and found her own irritation fading beneath a small swell of surprise. The way the dead eyed, terse woman had been acting, unfeeling death machine seemed like a perfect description. But maybe that was just like with the pom-poms. Things weren't always what they appeared to be, and things weren't always what they once had been.

"When Luna came to me there were two things that I was still living for: music and heroin. I hadn't left the house I was renting for a month. Things were spiraling towards the end. I'd stashed up. I don't think I was consciously looking for death, but it came for me the same night that she did. That's what she buried for me,"
    Iseult explained, her voice having fallen hushed, as soft as the summer shade they were standing in.

"That's why I'm a Blood Talon. It's what I was meant to be. It's what I wanted to be when I went to join the service. That was the problem. That and the spirits. But now that I'm one of the People. Spirits are what I hunt, not the other way around."

It felt good to say, and Iseult realized that she was standing straighter as she said it. She found it was easier to meet the other woman's feral eyes.

"But you, you're not a Blood Talon. You're Menina. So even though you're a Rahu, you're more than just a death machine. Though, I'm not sure what that does make you. So why don't you tell me?"
    Iseult Babic, Cahalith Suthar Anzuth, SL2 (Earthy), DV2 (Rhythmic), Presence 4 (Raw)

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

How she acts, isn't how she feels.

She knows that right now, around this strange new pack she was acting like the stereotype she wanted to avoid, but it wasn't because she was like that. It was just easier to be this, then to be the girl that Sarah called Violet.

Viola listens to the Cahalith's words, (and she's sure she'll be listing to a whole lot of fucking words going forward.) nodding, acknowledging the words, her dead eyes, steady, and no judgement lights her features. Iseult wasn't the first wolf she'd heard of, or known that hit up the hard stuff before or even after their Change. She probably wouldn't be the last either.

Words continue to flow and Viola searches her mind for something to exchange them with, but nothing comes. Which show exactly why she a full moon and not a gibbous like the women across from her was.

When Iseult meets her eyes, a hard thing for others to do, Viola smirks. Impressed, or nearly so. "It's good that you know who and what you want to be. What you want to hunt. <<Urum Da Takus>>" Viola intones solemnly, "Spirits...I will have to claim and lack of experience with Spirits. Comparatively. My old pack...we dealt mostly in territory disputes, and the fucking Pure."

Admitting that was hard, but Iseult needed to know, if the Cahalith was going to coordinate them like she said she would.

Viola's quiet, after that admission. She doesn't look down, because she wasn't ashamed of her lack of experience, she was a young wolf. Only years past her First Change. It was expected.

...even if only she knew how young she was.

"I am not. I am a Menina because my father was, and his whole pack was. Didn't know any different when I swore in. But it works. <<Sih Sehe Mak; Mak Ne Sih. Ni Daha.>> I learned. That, is different to the girl I used to me. I respected nothing and no one." not even herself. "I'm trying to be someone a mountain of dead could be proud of. Don't know how I'm doing. But I can look at myself in the mirror." she didn't know how well that answered Iseult's question. "I am flawed. Mourning. Trying to be better then the memory of the girl who liked to find someone weaker then her and beat the shit out of 'em."
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

Iseult Babic
    Striking Looks
    (Earthy)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Rhythmic)
    Presence
    (Raw)
    Iseult Babic

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

"Starting to think there's a broken record 'round here, but <<Urum Da Takus,>>" Iseult grated out, the words of the first tongue rasping over her vocal chords.

"You liked beating on the weak because that's what your instincts called you to do. You're a predator, you've always been a predator, even before you changed. When you saw weakness you wanted to wet your teeth. No shame in that. And before you say <<Ni Daha,>>" Iseult continued, shooting Viola a look to kill any protest, "that's not instinct. That's something that must be taught. Instinct alone leads to the Zi'ir. It's Tribe, and Pack, and People that make us what we are. So that's on your Pops. 'Cause you're right. Fucker should've been there to bring you up. Look after his get, and all that. Teach you what should have been taught.

"But he didn't and you were a wolf among the Herd. It happened. Question is, what are you gonna do now? You gonna teach the weak to be strong? You gonna hunt the cruel? Or do you have another plan, Menina?"
    the Blood Talon asked, placing a hand firmly on the other wolf's shoulder.
    Iseult Babic, Cahalith Suthar Anzuth, SL2 (Earthy), DV2 (Rhythmic), Presence 4 (Raw)

5. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Lips twitch, tugging in one direction. Before disappearing int the flat line they had been in, the energy transferred into the movement of something that looked like a nod.

"It's annoying. I know. Annoys me too." a moment weighty as Viola thought to herself. To share or not. Fuck it. They wanted to be Pack right? "If I didn't echo and repeat it fuck-twenty-or-more times a day 'round my last Pack. They thought something was wrong with me. I was the only Rahu. They...fuck. I dunno. Wanted to make sure I wasn't...broken or something. I know Bobbi thought that I should have sworn myself to Fenris-Ur, thought that was the way of all Rahu. Didn't stop to think about Purity. She was a fuckin' idiot."

A snort, head shake. Whatever. She was dead, her opinions were ash and dust. Like she was.

Mouth opens to speak, which closed with a snap at the look.

"That...makes sense. More then then my assumptions. Asked Da where the fuck he was all my life, got a 'child I was watching you from the shadows' which is bull. If he was. He would have stepped in, probably. If he was, and didn't....shit. But yeah. Betting on the not being there, or caring until I Changed. He was an asshole." though that probably went without saying.

"The plan's been. Fuck. Not a whole lot. Just not be...the laundry list of shit. Which, isn't a plan." Viola's quiet. Thinking, considering. "Old Pack. Wanted to just hunt. They were, well. I'd say a pack of zealots, hunting just to hunt but that's would be cruel to say about the dead." a ghost of a smirk. Good thing she didn't say it then. "I want to hunt what should be hunted. Be it rabbit or Spirit. But, mainly. I want to hunt the needlessly cruel." added because, cruelty was a part of nature and sometimes it really was needed.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Iseult Babic
    Striking Looks
    (Earthy)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Rhythmic)
    Presence
    (Raw)
    Iseult Babic

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Iseult studied the Rahu for some moments, though not with her eyes. Instead, the Blood Talon's focus was on her palm, and the solid presence of the other wolf beneath it. There were many things that could not be expressed in words, many things that could not be thought before they were felt, and though sound often inspired Iseult, it was through contact that she most often found understanding. And so, after some moments, she applied a slight pressure to her grip before releasing Viola.

"I would be honored to hunt with you,"
    Iseult promised with a small nod. "All you have to do is ask."

She looked away, then, eyes scanning the foliage before she set off.

"Best start moving if we're going to catch up with the others,"
    she explained, though her gait was slow. "Though, if I've judged 'em as well as I think I have, they've probably gone and gotten themselves distracted. Hector certainly seems to have that air about him. Makes me wonder if he'll be Omega. Though I doubt Kid will stand up for Alpha. Might have to rotate it."

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

It really said something that Viola hadn't shrugged off the hand. The Rahu wasn't great with subtleties, but the Cahalith probably was.

Iseult's small smile is met with a ghost of one from Viola.

Then a nod and a snort that could almost be counted as a laugh, as her features loose their wolfishness, feet moving to keep up with rapper today was a day to hunt as man.

"Well then, we have pack mates to hunt down, don't we?"

Tomorrow, or maybe tomorrow's tomorrow could be cause for paws.

Iseult Babic
    Striking Looks
    (Earthy)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Rhythmic)
    Presence
    (Raw)
    Iseult Babic

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

The only reason Iseult had kept her boots, and the two feet that went inside them, was because she hadn't expected their conversation to so suddenly end. But, when Viola asked a question that wasn't really question, and then said no more, Iseult took the meaning of the real message behind the Rahu's words and nodded.

Nodded, and then paused.

"Last one there buys everyone a steak dinner," she declared with a fierce grin, a grin that existed for only a moment before the woman's jaw began to lengthen, the teeth growing into sharp fangs as fur flowed over a now four legged form.

And, with small yip of pleasure at finally being able to run free, the Iseult-wolf took off into the underbrush.

In the Cahalith's mind, if there were no words to share, then all that left was the cause for paws.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-11 12:37:02 Iseult rolls 4 to Shapeshift! (10 Again) 3, 5, 7, 8 1 success

11. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola laughs.

Or rather her action is what passes for her laughter.

Lips curl upward and part, breath pushes through, then as quickly as it happens, the flat line of her mouth returns.

For the last one there, and for the playful yip.

Viola made an assumption. Which it seemed was going to bite her in the ass - could she shell out the cash for feed her whole pack a stake dinner?

No.

If she needed to bring down a buck and feed 'em then. Sure but a real dinner on a plate....with a grin unseen by the Cahalith swiftly moving under the brush, Viola rolls her shoulders, grin turning wolfish as teeth change and jaw lengthens, quickly skin's covered by fur and the Rahu follows Iseult-wolf into the brush.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-12 11:19:40 Viola Jones rolls 7 to To Paws! (10 Again) 9, 6, 10, 1, 4, 7, 3, 9 3 successes

Iseult Babic
    Striking Looks
    (Earthy)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Rhythmic)
    Presence
    (Raw)
    Iseult Babic

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Thank you for the scene! Was some great character development!

14. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread