Ended
Watch

The Great Below

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    R
    Robert Longstreet

"Yeah, I know" There's a thoughtful smile, this time genuine and heartfelt and not creepy at all. "Been lucky myself in that regard. Had a thing going for me from night one"

When Cynthia fell silent, and she gave Longstreet the look of confusion and bafflement, he feared that whatever weak link of understanding they had seconds ago has now ben severed by his careless words, whatever they might've been. Moments stretched like molasses until they were melted by an unexpected, but oh so very welcome laugh. "Martinis?" It was now his turn to give the baffled look, with a slight addition of "are you shitting me?" But she probably wasn't, so the Bishop snorts with laughter. Weird feeling, that. Even weirder to hear somebody laugh at what you say... even if it's not quite what you intended.

"Changing names, limiting sources of inspiration? Admirable of you to care so much for the Masquerade. Most Nomads are not so careful." That's what he's heard, anyway "Although it probably did no favors for your brand establishment" He pauses "So, how did you meet with this... Sebastian? And the others? Is there like a website or a bar for prospective Nomads? And please don't say it was a coincidence, 'cause there's no such thing as a coincidence" The statement was half serious and half joking, and not even its author did know how it was supposed to sound. "Oh, and if you find that casette of yours... any chance I can borrow it for a night or two, make myself a copy? I'll return the original untouched, scout's honor." He was fully prepared for a surprised expression. Granted, underground rock or metal or whatever the Lunar Moth/Bloody martinis were likely playing was never his thing, but there's first time for everything, no?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia inclined her head to the side, confused as she was moments ago. Definitely a communication problem. "James Bond? Double O Seven? Super spy? Shaken not stirred?" Had that really fallen out of the pop culture radar? Longstreet's Beast did not seem that old and she was under the impression those films were still being made. Those thoughts made her feel like she was ancient for a fleeting second. "I’m sorry but when someone brings up spying it’s normally under… Very different circumstances.” There was little humour there. She was certain the Inquisitor would get the hint. Vampiric James Bond would be fucking hilarious though.

She looked annoyed when Nomads and the Masquerade was brought up. She braced herself for a lecture like others in power had done before. Relieve washed over her when he did not go that route. “One can be pretty creative when one has limitations put on themselves. Plus when you perform in other domains, airing the All Night Societies dirty laundry in front of the living is suicidal at the best of times.”

Try as she might, she could not help but chuckle. “Hate to disappoint, but we didn’t have the internet back then. Coincidence pretty much was how it happened. I was escaping New York, they were just leaving after passing through. Better than some stories of mass banishment you hear.” She thought on his request for a moment, then nodded. “Don’t see why not. Didn't think you would be into 80s goth rock though.”

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    R
    Robert Longstreet

For a second, Longstreet's face looks like a Theory of Everything has ust been revealed to him, one that was right under his nose the entire time. Thankfully for his image as a no-fun zealot, it quickly goes back to normal. "Ah. Yeah. Right. Sorry. I thought you were talking about..." God, this was so embarassing "Anyway, guilty as charged, I lack people skills when said people aren't tied down." Want to make people forget about the faux pas you just made? An ill-placed joke is your way out! "It's a welcome change of pace, though. I could get used to it" For what it's worth, he meant every word of it. Seems like he can learn a thing or two from the Artist.

Some time of silence ensues on his end. For once, he understands without words what she meant about spying and different circumstances. Hell, he dealt with snitches a few times himself, on both sides of death. There's also no argument that letting out secrets of the undead is a surefire way to remove the "un" from one's own description.

"Right again. You'd think being born way before the internet was invented would make one not take it for granted, but it seems to not be the case with how ubiquitous it is. Coterie-finding apps would be pretty nice to have, though... if the idea wasn't beset with Masquerade breaches. Swipe right and it's a match: hassle reduced to a minimum." Although there are probably some Carthians treating it as a work in progress. An eyebrow is raised when she explains meeting her future band "So despite your best efforts to not step on any toes you did anyway." He sensed a good story there, of the cloak and dagger variety "Where are you from, anyway? I mean really from? New York, LA... you've been all over the place, and the farthest I ever got was Seattle, and that was before I died" If anyone cared to fish for it, one would find subtle hints of envy in the Inquisitor's voice.

"I'm not" Goth rock? Thanks for the warning "Not now, anyway. But you know what they say: first time for everything. That's what my uncle Tim used to say - before they busted him for drug trafficking, that is. It's worth a a try is what I'm trying to say." Emphasis on trying.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Artist smirked. “Don’t worry, you’re nowhere near the worst example I’ve seen. You’ll get that social butterfly to come out eventually.” There was the temptation to make a bondage joke, but decided she had tormented the Priest enough with her humour for the moment.

A lot of talk about apps went over Cynthia’s head. Other than the one on her phone that told her when Sunrise was coming she did not have enough experience in that area. She seemed a bit confused at first when he asked about where she was from. “New York." The artist felt like that was implied before. "Not the best place to be for family.” There was a hint of bitterness there. Did the smell of arsenic get stronger all the sudden?

She perked up when music came back up. “Its not for everyone. But its always good to see our kind try something different now and then.” Cynthia let the story of his uncle slide, as much as Roberts Curse compelled her to pay attention.

R
    Robert Longstreet

For his own peace of mind, he chooses to take what Cynthia says as a compliment. "Then you must've seen some pretty fucked up people. And I'll pass on the butterfly thing - I have the reputation of a gloomy fanatic to maintain. But I enoy talking with someone with an... outsider perspective. Hope I'm not boring you too much" Despite his best efforts, that might as well be the case. "Despite his best efforts" is a really good description of this conversation so far, since he envisioned it going down very differently...and had yet to decide if it's so bad it didn't.

Cynthia stated her point of origin calmly enough, but the seemingly offhand comment that came later clearly spiked the smell of bitter almonds, not to mention the shift in her tone. "How so?" Then something dawned on him, something most people treat as obvious since, say, fourth grade - that New York and Sacramento are pretty far away from each other "So you left the Big Apple, made it all the way down to the Bay and then left again, only without your crew" An impressive journey, indeed "How's San Francisco, anyway? It true they have Oscar Wilde as Prince?" The rumor was nagging the Inquisitor for years now, and besides something told him there was more behind Cynthia's departure than the pursuit of inspiration.

"Amen to that"
    he said after the goth fell silent "And keep me in the loop when you paint something, might be interesting too"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"You tend to meet all sorts of people on the road." Cynthia said with a slightly forced smile. She did not like thinking about them. The artist did give him a genuine smile for a moment though. "Stop worrying so much, your doing just fine." She reassured Longstreet. The Priest was trying to be nice. It was more than she can say about others she had met in the past. Cynthia appreciated the effort.

Then New York came up again and her mood darkened. "By proclamation of the Prince of New York, any kindred bearing the blood of clan Nosferatu are to remain underground within the Necropolis. Anyone that doesn't follow that rule gets punished. Or worse." It sounded grim coming from Cynthia. Whatever flippant levity she would add was just not there. "So, thanks to my oh so wonderful sire I lost everything I had in life and was forced to live in the fucking sewers." Rage was starting to bubble within. Even the Beast stirred, looking for some reason for the fangs to comes out and tear. She closed her eyes and breathed in and out slowly. As always it really did nothing, but illusions always helped.

The artist opened her eyes and returned to the Bishop. Subject had moved on. Good. "We were together for about nearly a decade. You can get pretty far in that time. Sacramento was only a two hour drive in comparison." The haunt explained with a shrug. "San Francisco is pretty nice place. Colourful people, plenty of homeless. Not sure how the Prince would react to being compared to Oscar Wilde though." Cynthia was still not sure how that rumour started up. "I'll keep you up to date with whatever I paint. Just need the space to get some projects off the ground."

R
    Robert Longstreet

Cynthia's smile is returned, this time with no words. One'd think being a made man rendered you immune to commendations on such petty things as being nice or interesting to be around, especially from people you barely know. It's pitiful, really, how he lunged towards her words like a drowning man towards the surface. Or is it?

Longstreet hears her words about New York and, more importantly, sees how it makes her change. How the voice shifts, eyes close and air is forcibly breathed in and out. "Well, the Prince of New York sounds like a real asshole" as if it needed to be stated out loud "Stupid one, too. One of these nights a cousin of ours will come out of the pipes and feed him to the dogs, and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else will look the other way. No one likes dictators" One of the things you receive with your L+S membership is the unwavering faith in that the good get rewarded and the wicked get punished. Most Covenant elders fail to mention it's sometimes easy to confuse the two groups but it appears pretty straightforward in this case "And about your sire, I can totally sympathize. Mine didn't leave me much choice, either" There might be a faded scar somewhere around the place when he slit Longstreet's throat, the Bishop suddenly realizes "And as many points as he gets in my book for good taste when childer candidates are concerned, I gotta ask: did he at least stick long enough to show you the ropes?" The way Cynthia formed her response indicated she didn't exactly let go of the memory of her life. An anchor that can easily be a double-edged sword "So... is that soimething that was carried over from before? Being a painter, I mean?"

Although he tried not to show it, he was severely disappointed to hear the rumor was wrong and Oscar Wilde is not the Prince of San Francisco. Then again, maybe he is operating under an alias? Sure, it'd be something straight out of an airport novel but hey - ghoul alligators are a thing, why this couldn't be? Thankfully, there's an opportunity to offer an appreciative nod when the Artist promises to keep him in the loop about her proects. "Thanks. I still have to declutter the Moore House and I think the interior could use a lttle more color..." He lets the implication hang in the air, unspoken, and wonders what the commission fee would be.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yeah, he is." Cynthia agreed with a nod. "Though from what I heard before I left that fat bastard was having his string pulled by his council. It'll take something massive to really uproot them." There was still that sting he heard earlier. But now it sounded more like someone else's problem. The idea of going down there herself and trying to pull that off never crossed her mind. There was still a smile from her as she heard Longstreet rail against that distant city. Made talk of her sire more palatable despite the Priests curse making her part of her worry shes giving away too many secrets to someone that would dump her remains in the forest. "Honestly, He gave me the bare bones before I escaped. The band taught me nearly everything I know." She let herself fall silent for a few moments and let Longstreet continue.

"Yeah, painting was my passion in life. Not familiar with Moore house but I'm always open for a bit of commissioned work." The offer was tempting, even if instinct told her to reject it. "Prices negotiable. Just don't look to me for Interior decorating advice. I'd make it darker somehow If I'm given free reign."

R
    Robert Longstreet

When Cynthia mentions an entire council being behind the Prince of the Big Apple Longstreet must force himself to not sigh. Moments before, he was certain the prick will be ashed sooner rather than later - now he's not so sure. Oh, well. Can't be bothered with every problem the world has.

"It's good you had someone to guide you. How did your sire take your escape, anyway? The way you say it, you weren't exactly on good terms, but you must've been important to him...somehow...if he decided to share his Blood with you" Of all the Clans, the Nosferatu tend to have the most complex/fucked up reasons for siring people: from loneliness to revenge to giving some twisted life lesson.

Cynthia expresses interest in painting something for the House, and Longstreet is relieved. For a second, he thought she might find commissioned work, especially for a religious institution, to be too constraining, but it appears she saw a benefit in the offer. Good. A nice reason to keep the woman close.

"Moore House is... or, was... the prime meeting place of the Church in Sacramento. Fell into disrepair after the people left" Including Gilroy, the Bishop. Longstreet takes a moment to wonder what the man might be up to these nights "It'll still be some time before I gather the workforce, materials and funds necessary to repair it, but it will get done." It'd be an important step towards making the Spear a force to be reckoned with, as well as a good way to make a name for himself, the Inquisitor thinks "So, what currency do you accept? Dollars? Blood? Broken bones?" He waits just long enough for her to respond "And don't worry, I'll do the decorating myself" Especially if the House is to have secret stashes for guns and valuables, like Longstreet plans.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I don't know. And to be honest, I really do not give a fuck by this point." Deep seeded antipathy leaked through once more. She glared at Robert as he continued, but looked away. The normally open artist did not feel like talking about it anymore.

Of course the subject changed and Cynthia did not seem so guarded. "It seems restoring things back to their former glory is a recurring theme in this city." She said with a smile, glad for the distraction. Cynthia nodded, willingly overlooking the third part of that line. "Blood, cash and promises. Typical trade of the dead." The haunt stood up and stretched, letting bones pop and crack. Acetone and other chemicals replaced what was already lingering around her. "Anything in particular you got in mind? Or you gonna wait till you clean the place up?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.